• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Vuvuzela

What do you think of the Vuvuzela?

• Total voters

The Vuvuzela Song, from BBC Radio 5 Live

Last edited by a moderator:
Who keeps giving those ******* eejits those stupid ****** horns. I was watching Honduras vs Chile this afternoon and there were aloada them just dancing about in the crowd playing em. You're at a world cup match. ******* watch it.

ATTENTION: All, Do NOT BRING
brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.gif

TO the RWC

OR we MAY

31060129338920419583100.jpg

PLAY IT AT HOME! :D
1mfvv.png

Sepp Blatter supports the use of them apparently... seriously, how did that man get to be president of FIFA? He's a complete moron

It was quite pleasant when Uraguay scored the penalty... Not a single horn to be heard!

Those things do not belong in a rugby match.
They (or variants on the theme at least) have been used by fans at rugby matches for years.

It was quite pleasant when Uraguay scored the penalty... Not a single horn to be heard!

They (or variants on the theme at least) have been used by fans at rugby matches for years.

There were far too many used suring the S14 final. It was terrible. I seriously hate Vuvuzelas, they are ruining the World Cup!

Agreed - they are actually spoiling the world cup. And so is the ball.

The lack of goals and the ball are, to me, directly related.

Germany have been using the ball for 6months now, and look how they did in their first match

Germany have been using the ball for 6months now, and look how they did in their first match

Think thats made a difference. They know how the ball works so id expect their games to be good to watch. If others teams had done the same who knows. But saying that the ball is a major problem and for me its one of the worst World Cups I have ever watched.

This ball complaint is hilarious. Teams are saying its "too round". It's a football!! What a farce. Just players making up excuses for their terrible performances. You really shouldn't be giving these complaints any respect.

The ball was designed by students from a University in England, just a bit of trivia for yous

At the end of the day, alot of these will make more money a year then i will in the rest of my life, to kick a ball around, then they complain that it's too light/too round =/

Does the "size 5" only correspond to physical size, and not weight? I would've thought there'd be a weight that all professional balls have to be

EDIT: Just read that the fifa weight spec is 420 - 445, and the Jabulani is 440, so they haven't got a leg to stand on

Last edited:
The ball IS too round.

That might sound ridiculous but it's true. Most balls have an edge to them with their panelling. This one has nothing like that at all. As a goalkeeper I'm always first to go racing to complain about a new ball but I had a look at one last week, it was horrific to deal with.

For those of you that understand French, this is hilarious. Start watching at 1:42, the sketch ***led "Vous, voue etes la!" which means "You, You're there!" A play on words of the vuvuzela. Here is a rough translation.

Narrator: After the Vuvuzela of the South Africans, discover the French specialty, the "Vous, vous etes la".

Anelka: Huh, coach, where do we go on the attacks?

Domenech: ****, it's not that complicated!! You, you're there!! (points at positions on the field)

Ribéry: And what if Govou makes a centering pass?

Domenech: It's the same thing! Ribéry, Malouda, Anelka, play central, you, you're there!! (points at positions)

Other player: And when the Uruguayans have the ball, where are we?

Domenech: The midfielders, you, you're there!

Narrator: The Vous, Vous etes la!, Domenech's instrument to manage his trumpets.

Last edited by a moderator:
Vuvuzela causes hole in throat

e9357b7d963d4b0b9e679edd720bf06b.jpg

A Bafana Bafana supporter's joyous blowing on a vuvuzela resulted in her tearing a hole into her throat.

Yvonne Mayer of Bloubergstrand could not eat or speak for two days after blowing the vuvuzela caused her to rupture part of her throat.

Mayer, an employee of Old Mutual Finance in Pinelands, and her husband Ronald had walked through the streets of Cape Town to enjoy the atmosphere before the opening game last Friday.

When she and a group of people held a vuvuzela blowing competition, her throat started burning. "I just thought I was getting sick."

Rupture

After the match, her throat started burning even more. It felt as if a bubble had become stuck in her windpipe, she said. The next day her doctor explained that the pressure in her windpipe had become too much, resulting in part of her throat rupturing.

Dr Scott Barker of Netcare Blaauberg Hospital said the continuous blowing after the initial tear had resulted in the wound becoming bigger.

Air entered the tissue through the wound. Although Mayer was not admitted to hospital, she had to be monitored to prevent infection.

Mayer said she suspected she had blown the instrument incorrectly. "People said I should blow it like a trumpet. I pulled my lips tightly and blew as hard as possible.

"The sound was a bit different, but I was rather impressed with the result."

She admits she is now a bit nervous about blowing the vuvuzela again, and thinks she will rather try to master the technique first.

Source

Latest posts