• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Welsh Regions Joining the Premiership?

I'm really sorry I just realised when I said arsehole it didn't get blanked out . If I offended anyone I just want to say bloody grow up :p haha

But yeh I can see what you mean . Are Connacht doing better than NGD in the rabo ?

No Connacht are rock bottom and Dragons having great season in 6th but still without international guys it'll be battle for any region

Western Mail not leaving much doubt which side their on. Could have been written by Roger himself. The New Zealand reference is hilarious considering the huge differences to their system.

Be8D8uMIUAAVWJp.jpg:large

Western Mail not leaving much doubt which side their on. Could have been written by Roger himself. The New Zealand reference is hilarious considering the huge differences to their system.

Be8D8uMIUAAVWJp.jpg:large

Only difference in that is New Zealanders have to stay to play for All Blacks.
In Wales you don't

Also All Blacks have a depth that is ridiculous. Regardless of who you are they can replace you.
Wales haven't that luxury

just saw this now....well it's about damn time then, isn't it ?! Huge disparity between the mediocre health of Welsh regions and winning Grand Slams and consecutive 6N tournaments in red for the country !

Originally posted this in transfers as took content too literally. Hope it fits better here- sorry

http://www.espn.co.uk/wales/rugby/story/212659.html

"But it does raise the embarrassing possibility that without an agreement between the warring factions the WRU could be faced with having to loan Warburton to a Premiership side to ensure he continues playing top-flight rugby." ESPN

Really?! How much truth is there in this? No problem with Warburton playing in the AP. But what if he doesn't want to? And is just trying to do the right thing for club and country, but could end up the one missing out due to the fault of others.

As a rugby fan, this makes me worried and nervous for our game. Not the fact that central contracts are being introduced, if done properly, no reason it might work. But the a*se about face and embarrassingly public amateur arguments going on across the Europe debate and now the domestic game too.

Rugby is becoming a more and more professional business environment. Any sport that grows as a business will naturally grow in economic scale too. But it needs to be managed professionally and ethically. ERC, PRL, RRW, WRU and others, are only appearing as bumbling amateurs acting in short sighted and reactionary ways.

I really hope for a positive result from all of this debacle. A great domestic game in all our nations, and a top quality European wide competition that is envied and sought after by all.

(Sorry for the rant - feel a bit better now)

And included BlueMoons reply below:

"I have the upmost respect for Warburton and he's completed this deal with the best intentions, as it seems Priestland might this week as well.

The problem is, the WRU said CCs weren't possible not all that long ago. In the face of this argument they've about faced with the Participation Agreement deadline just a short while away. Why not wait until that is sorted so we can move on? They've put no structure in place with the regions for both pay, playing time, attached region, training time etc. On the face of it it looks very much like they are gaining leverage, whether that is true or not. I'd like to think they are trying to move things along, but their other statements and approach hasn't ever been co-operative, its been authoritative. I am on no side here (before I get an onslaught of comments), I am just trying to analyse why this relationship is where it is. Both parties need to move discussions along so solutions like CC's can be made."

Last edited:
Really?! How much truth is there in this? No problem with Warburton playing in the AP. But what if he doesn't want to?
Then he shouldn't have signed his life away with a central contract - this was always a possibility.
However from what I gather the RFU/PRL have flatout said no to having centrally contracted players in the premiership.

Then he shouldn't have signed his life away with a central contract - this was always a possibility.
However from what I gather the RFU/PRL have flatout said no to having centrally contracted players in the premiership.

On that it's said Priestland has 99% agreed to sign with WRU too

Latest posts