• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Top 10 Stadiums in the world

"Opinion" being the key word there.

Personally, I'd put Frankilns Gardens, Welford Road, Kingsholm, Sixways, Knowlsley Road and The Stoop all ahead of Twckenham.

thommand park? in the top 10 rugby stadiums in the world?

are you having a laugh?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Meh @ Jun 4 2009, 05:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
NZ Rugby world magazine named the top 10 stadiums in the world in their opinion.

1 - Millennium Stadium (Cardiff, Wales);
2 - Suncorp Stadium (Brisbane, Australia);
3 - Yarrow Stadium (New Plymouth, New Zealand);
4 - Croke Park (Dublin, Ireland);
5 - Twickenham (London, England);
6 - Stade Aime Giral (Perpignan, France);
7 - Newlands (Cape Town, South Africa);
8 - The Greenyards (Melrose, Scotland);
9 - Thomond Park (Limerick, Ireland);
10 - Stadio Flamino (Rome, Italy).

Do you agree and what are your faves?

Think that Murrayfield and Stade de France should be in there somewhere.[/b]
Aimé-giral? You're out of your mind or what?!... :huh: There's absolutely nothing special about this rugby ground!...

What about this stadium? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

10524207.jpg

Can't believe Murrayfield didn't make the list

0_buildings_-_murrayfield_stadium_1zm12.jpg
1murrayfield.jpg

It is such a historic and beautiful stadium and as far as I know, has pretty good atmosphere when the Scotts play there.

Well they hardly ever fill it. Whenever I see it on the box there are empty seats. I guess it's down to the form of the national team though. I dunno if we'd fill croker if we were going badly.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Prestwick @ Jun 16 2009, 02:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (LeksoRugby @ Jun 15 2009, 09:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What about this stadium? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

10524207.jpg
[/b]

confessterrspeakbig.gif

[/b][/quote]

Looks attractive yes? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

amazing, people who play there imagine what they feel

the serious depression, manic depression

This is the ruins of USSR in Rostov

22146-Clipart-Illustration-Of-A-Yellow-Emoticon-Face-Crying-Tears-Of-Sadness-And-Depression.jpg

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Prestwick @ Jun 18 2009, 06:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Theres an awesome ground in the Yorkshire Dales somewhere I think...[/b]

Juicy and tasty, high caloric and healthy yes? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I hope grass is not designed for players' nutrition :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p
:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

1051_37_17---Sheep-Lamb--The-Yorkshire-Dales_web.jpg

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (shtove @ Jun 17 2009, 07:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
It's a stadium if you sit on the hill - Monastery Field, home of Connemara All Blacks:

monastery_field_02.jpg

http://www.connemararfc.ie/teams/seniors/monastery-field/

Anyone else done rugby in a lovelier spot? Guess the NZers can match that ... or some fecker from west Cork.[/b]

Haha I didn't know anybody else knew about us Connemara All Blacks, the greatest damn Rugby team in well, er, Connemara. My house is just outside that Picture. I can see the games from my Living room.
Back to the topic though anybody remember Lansdowne Road? Isn't it the oldest international rugby ground in the world or something like that?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (elgringoborracho @ Jun 6 2009, 01:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
No way the Stade de France isn't there. It's huge and awesome.[/b]

Sure it's impressive to enter Stade de France. The building is really a success about design.
Some details that always make me prefer Le Parc des Princes:
Distance to the playground
Awfull sonority
Last but not least: A desert of any civilization all around the stade, neither bars and bistrots in a reasoneable vicinity ! I admit that 93 Dpt has to be promoted but building stadium in such areas make me think at the cinema complex rising in the middle of nowhere: Just come in for the show, but please move away quickly after...

With the field so close to the stands, i think Newlands definitely has the best Rugby atmosphere.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Intercept King JdV @ Jun 15 2009, 10:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Can't believe Murrayfield didn't make the list

0_buildings_-_murrayfield_stadium_1zm12.jpg
1murrayfield.jpg

It is such a historic and beautiful stadium and as far as I know, has pretty good atmosphere when the Scotts play there.[/b]

well the impression I get is that no one is ever in it; the 'atmosphere' is created full of irritating kids and so on who know nothing about rugby so just boo the opposition, and are only there because the SRU is desperately handing out tickets. And then you have all the ******** the scots do before matches...

Having said that, I shall be going to it quite frequently to watch Edinburgh there over the next 4 years.

agree with number 1 :D
although its a good job our pitch is finally being resurfaced

Latest posts