2023 Bids and stadium lists.

LeinsterMan (NotTigsMan)

G.O.A.T
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Ireland
Club or Nation
Leicester
So with Ireland and Italy releasing their interested stadium proposals it is looking like ATM:
- Ireland
Croke Park 82,300
Aviva stadium 51,700
Parc Ui Chaoimh 50,000 (Apparently after redevelopment)
Fitzgerald Stadium 43,180
Casement Park 40,000 (After redevelopment)
McHale Park 38,000
Pearse Stadium 26,197
Welford Road oh sorry i mean Thomond Park 25,000
Nowlan Park 25,630
Celtic Park 22,000
RDS 18,500
Kingspan Stadium18,196

- Italy
Stadio Giuseppe Meazza 81,277
Stadio Olimpico 70,634
Stadio San Paolo 60,240
Stadio San Nicola 58,248
Stadio Artemio Franchi 47,290
Stadio Renato Dall'Ara 38,279
Stadio Renzo Barbera 37,619
Stadio Luigi Ferraris 36,599
Stadio Euganeo 32,420
Stadio Flaminio 30,000
Stadio Olimpico Grande Torino 27,958
Stadio Friuli 25,144

- France
N/A

- South Africa
N/A

Last edited:
Principality Millennium Stadium is missing from both them, they usually manage to shoehorn themselves into European WCs

SA Rugby submits bid to host RWC 2023

http://www.sport24.co.za/Rugby/sa-rugby-submits-bid-to-host-rwc-2023-20160902

[TEXTAREA]World Rugby's 'Applicant Submission' deadline was at midnight on September 1, and according to TimesLIVE, SA Rugby fulfilled the requirement, albeit with a degree of uncertainty hanging over its eligibility to host the event.

SA Rugby reportedly went through the process to meet World Rugby's requirements in order not to miss the deadline‚ but still lacks the backing of government - a vital pre-requisite to a final bid.[/TEXTAREA]

So in 2 RWCs I'll be in my 30s?

Can't... breathe...

Hopefully I'll be able to afford tickets under a DA run government. Or I'll be living in NZ and annoying all the kiwis

On a personal level I want it to be in Europe so I stand a chance of getting a ticket.

I'm hoping its Ireland or Italy as I can have a couple of weeks away watching rugby, and I think it will be easier to get the tickets than the 2015 cup.

Italy being confirmed as dropping out of the bid process for RWC 2023 citing last weeks withdrawal from bidding for the Rome Olympics 2024 due to political pressure from the Five Star Party (who think the money can be better spent than on the Olympics).

Agree with the Olympic decision but hard to make the connection to hosting a RWC. This is potentially disastrous for Italian rugby as there will now be no political urgency (or investment) to improve the game at all levels.

I also think it delays or possibly kills any prospect of a Roman franchise in the Pro12 as that appeared to be conditional on stadium renovation which was in turn believed to be dependent on the RWC bid.

I feel sorry for O'Shea, I'd imagine the prospect of the option of staying on for a home RWC would have been part of the lure for him in taking on this project.

Ireland must now be considered favourites given SA government's willingness to ban bidding for international competitions across multiple sports.

Last edited:
World Rugby has confirmed that Ireland, South Africa and France are the contenders for the 2023 World Cup:

http://www.worldrugby.org/news/195278

[TEXTAREA]The applicant phase evaluation focused on key criteria such as finance, venues, tournament window and government support in line with World Rugby’s seven hosting objectives:
  • Venues and infrastructure commensurate with a top-tier major event
  • Comprehensive and enforceable public and private sector guarantees
  • A commercially successful event with a fully-funded, robust financial model
  • Operational excellence through an integrated and experienced delivery team
  • A vision that engages and inspires domestic and international audiences and contributes to the growth of rugby at all levels
  • An enabling environment of political and financial stability that respects the diversity of Rugby World Cup’s global stakeholders
  • An environment and climate suited to top-level sport in a geography that allows maximum fan mobility
[/TEXTAREA]

But I doubt France will be chosen though... they just hosted it in 2007.

World Rugby has confirmed that Ireland, South Africa and France are the contenders for the 2023 World Cup:

http://www.worldrugby.org/news/195278

[TEXTAREA]The applicant phase evaluation focused on key criteria such as finance, venues, tournament window and government support in line with World Rugby's seven hosting objectives:
  • Venues and infrastructure commensurate with a top-tier major event
  • Comprehensive and enforceable public and private sector guarantees
  • A commercially successful event with a fully-funded, robust financial model
  • Operational excellence through an integrated and experienced delivery team
  • A vision that engages and inspires domestic and international audiences and contributes to the growth of rugby at all levels
  • An enabling environment of political and financial stability that respects the diversity of Rugby World Cup's global stakeholders
  • An environment and climate suited to top-level sport in a geography that allows maximum fan mobility
[/TEXTAREA]

But I doubt France will be chosen though... they just hosted it in 2007.

Was going to say the same thing. Ireland should get it.

Yes, well the second last bullet on that list is what's going to sink SA

I honestly don't care about South Africa. Ireland should get it for merely the fact that they've never hosted it, and they will share grounds with Wales and England and Scotland if they don't have enough.

Latest posts