• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Top 14 2011/2012 season

Who will win the Brennus Shield this season?

• Biarritz

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Castres

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Clermont

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Montpellier

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Racing Métro

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Toulon

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Toulouse

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Other (explain)

Votes: 1 8.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
tip for you all, back Clermont on the handicap to beat Toulouse whilst the bookies have not yet realised that Toulouse have fielded a weakened side

anybody take my advice??? the handicap was 6 points, the final result Clermont Auvergne 35-5 Toulouse

Clermont Auvergne now 39 games unbeaten at home, nearly up to 40

do you think they'll reach 50 games unbeaten at home?

Depends if they beat Sarries, doesn't it? The mighty Leinster eat teams like Clermont for breakfast. 20 games unbeaten this season.

Missed the last 2 weeks of top14, been obsessed with super rugby. Lost track of Giteau and Burgess, hope they are playing well for their clubs. Next saturday hopefully eurosport show some games live here.

Can anyone tell me if Dan Caprice has played/played much for Biarritz this season? It's rare that pro 7s make the transition to XVs properly, and I think England have missed him this season.

Can anyone tell me if Dan Caprice has played/played much for Biarritz this season? It's rare that pro 7s make the transition to XVs properly, and I think England have missed him this season.

no he's not been impressive at all, he played 5 matches at the start of the season when Ngwenya was away at the World Cup but Biarritz were playing shockingly bad at the time and Caprice included he's not been seen since September, in fact he was named as one the 10 worst signing of this current Top 14 season by the French rugby newspaper Midi Olympique
http://www.lerugbynistere.fr/news/les-tops-et-les-flops-du-recrutement-2612111228.php

Bordeaux beat Toulouse also last night. Mad.

Yes, they relocated that match at the 35,000 Stade Chaban-Delmas and had it packed out, great night for Bordeaux

they have an amazingly record of matches when they have relocated them to the bigger football stadium, I think it's played 8 won 7 and just conceded 2 tries when they've played there

earlier this season they thrashed Stade Français 39-6 at the ground

Bordeaux are now nearing safety in the Top 14 and they were favourites for relegation only getting promoted via playoffs and it was Lyon who won ProD2 last season who were more expected stay up, but it has been the other way round with Lyon struggling at the bottom of the table and now the most likely to go down

shame that Bordeaux are losing their coach to Perpignan though and he may take some players, they have got former France hooker Raphaël Ibañez to replace him as coach I've heard by the way

Missed the last 2 weeks of top14, been obsessed with super rugby. Lost track of Giteau and Burgess, hope they are playing well for their clubs. Next saturday hopefully eurosport show some games live here.

Giteau is doing alright, not spectacularly well, but not bad either he's been solid, Burgess meanwhile has been a great recruit for Toulouse he's better than I thought he was, keeping Doussain who is a very promising scrum half out of the team and has often makes very good breaks around the fringes of the rucks

From April, the French rugby is global on Rugby Digital Radio 2 ! From 5 AM to 11 AM (UK), 6 AM to 12 (SA), 2 PM to 8 PM (AUS) and 4 PM to 10 PM (NZ), find rugby news in English and interviews of Anglo-Saxon players evolving in France. Listen to Rugby Digital Radio 2 on the website : http://www.rugbyradio.net

This week, find interview of Paul SACKEY, Stade Français and England Player, and Johnny LEO'O, Racing Metro 92 and Manu Samoa player.

watch this video if you want to see a fatty bom boms running as fast as he can put on his arse

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/XbXF5V2iqMg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

A rather large gent there.
Hate to see him, Eifion, Buckley, Bastareaud, and Hibbard hit an open buffet.
Will someone think of the children?!

Galan is seriously good, but if he ever wants to play international, he needs to lose some fat. Hes' pretty mobile for his size, though.

Lyon are confirmed as relegated, whilst Clermont and Toulouse are confirmed as finishing as the top two and progress to the semi finals

Last edited:
Even with Perpignan, Biarritz and Stade Francais out of the top 6, that's still such a strong selection of clubs for Europe. If only the French teams had consistency...

just to let people know, this will be new Top 14 and Pro D2 logo next season

eb9f19eb319576762bb5c0005c732837.jpg

New logo

TOP-14-et-PRO-D2-les-arbitres-connus1151.jpg

​Old logo

Even with Perpignan, Biarritz and Stade Francais out of the top 6, that's still such a strong selection of clubs for Europe. If only the French teams had consistency...

Don't forget that Biarritz will qualify for the Heineken Cup next season if they win the Challenge Cup.

Brive have been relegated from the Top 14 after a late season slump in form losing 5 of their last 6 matches, whilst Bayonne who looked to be struggling have stayed up after a late upturn in form winning 4 of their last 5 matches

however Brive could stay up if ......

they beat Clermont ......

...... away ......

...... with a bonus point ......

that could happen when ......

when-pigs-fly-when-pigs-fly-anything-can-happen-political-poster-1261611675.jpg

SF made a decent come back in the top 8. The beginning of the season was just awful.

Latest posts