• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Toulon vs Sharks

goodNumber10

International
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
London Wasps
This is on tonight, is anyone showing the game? ***Edit: Sky SPorts 3 are showing it***

teams are pretty strong (interesting to see Habana at 13):

Toulon : 15. Hernandez ; 14.Tuisova, 13.Habana, 12.Yobo, 11.D.Smith ; 10.Sanchez, 9.Claassens ; 7.Fernandez Lobbe, 8.Masoe, 6.Vosloo ; 5.Suta, 4.Williams ; 3.Hayman, 2.Orioli, 1.Chiocci.

Subs: 16.Cortese, 17.Fresia, 18.Braendlin, 19.S.Armitage, 20.Bruni, 21.Seuteni, 22.Escande, 23.Bougherara, 24.Cramond, 25.Munoz.

Sharks : 15.Marais ; 14.Sithole, 13.Murray, 12.Williams, 11.Mvovo ; 10.Lambie, 9.Reinach ; 7.Bothma, 8.Mtembu, 6.Coetzee ; 5.Du Toit, 4.Botha ; 3.Stevens, 2.Du Plessis, 1.Mtawarira.

Subs : 16.Cooper, 17.Chadwick, 18.Adriaanse, 19.Wentzel, 20.Oosthuizen, 21.Hoffman, 22.Zeilinga, 23.Ndungane, 24.Hadebe, 25.Perez, 26.Esterhuizen.

Last edited:
This is on tonight, is anyone showing the game? ***Edit: Sky SPorts 3 are showing it***

teams are pretty strong (interesting to see Habana at 13):

Toulon : 15. Hernandez ; 14.Tuisova, 13.Habana, 12.Yobo, 11.D.Smith ; 10.Sanchez, 9.Claassens ; 7.Fernandez Lobbe, 8.Masoe, 6.Vosloo ; 5.Suta, 4.Williams ; 3.Hayman, 2.Orioli, 1.Chiocci.

Subs: 16.Cortese, 17.Fresia, 18.Braendlin, 19.S.Armitage, 20.Bruni, 21.Seuteni, 22.Escande, 23.Bougherara, 24.Cramond, 25.Munoz.

Sharks : 15.Marais ; 14.Sithole, 13.Murray, 12.Williams, 11.Mvovo ; 10.Lambie, 9.Reinach ; 7.Bothma, 8.Mtembu, 6.Coetzee ; 5.Du Toit, 4.Botha ; 3.Stevens, 2.Du Plessis, 1.Mtawarira.

Subs : 16.Cooper, 17.Chadwick, 18.Adriaanse, 19.Wentzel, 20.Oosthuizen, 21.Hoffman, 22.Zeilinga, 23.Ndungane, 24.Hadebe, 25.Perez, 26.Esterhuizen.

It's on Supersport in SA also.

Since when does one count: 9, 7, 8????

Yeah that Toulon back row really struggles without Armitage...

oops, sorry I thought you were teasing again ...

nope. I actually think that Lobbe is a better player than Armitage. He is a better lineout player and leader, his work on the floor isn't that much worse and his one on one tackling is superb.

5-6 now thanks to yet another intervention from Hernandez!!!

Toulon 5 Sharks 9

- - - Updated - - -

Toulon 5 Sharks 9

- - - Updated - - -

Toulon 5 Sharks 9 half time. score it's raining it's cold but teams trying to play rugby,the old SH mercenaries are holding their own against the super fit badly paid non mercenary Sharks

Last edited:
Toulon 10 Sharks 12 and i thought SH WAS FAST RUNNING RUGBY BY FIT GUYS THEY SQUEEZED THROUGH WITH 4 PENALTIES AND WERE VERY LUCKY TO WIN sANCHEZ MISSING AN 81 ST MIN PENALTY WHICH WAS NOT TO BE.
but good show by the old well paid SEMI RETIRED SH merceneries who came up to the TOP 14 TO ENHANCE THEIR RETIREMENT, playing against a young very fit non mercenary badly paid Saffas, think everyone enjoyed it but played in lousy conditions and far too cold for these Southern H. SOFTIES.

- - - Updated - - -

Toulon 10 Sharks 12 and i thought SH WAS FAST RUNNING RUGBY BY FIT GUYS THEY SQUEEZED THROUGH WITH 4 PENALTIES AND WERE VERY LUCKY TO WIN sANCHEZ MISSING AN 81 ST MIN PENALTY WHICH WAS NOT TO BE.
but good show by the old well paid SEMI RETIRED SH merceneries who came up to the TOP 14 TO ENHANCE THEIR RETIREMENT, playing against a young very fit non mercenary badly paid Saffas, think everyone enjoyed it but played in lousy conditions and far too cold for these Southern H. SOFTIES.
Off to Paris for the match early tomorrow so cannot reply to any abuse SORRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Was a good game the bits I saw of it, Toulon really should have won it in end. Hopefully now the Sharks owner will pipe down a bit.

Geez, so much anger...

It wasn't a nice game to watch. The rustiness of the Sharks made it even worse to watch. The only good thing was that the Sharks got some valuable scrumming practice. And I was amazed at how the Sharks demolished Carl Hayman and that Chiocci fellow.

The conditions were very bad indeed, and luckily there won't be many games in the Super 15 to be played in such conditions.

Anyways, that is now 2 from 2 by SA sides vs. last year's Heineken Cup finalists...

I only watched a very small bit after half time. What was the game like overall ? The field looked very muddy. I guess the huge amount of rain in the NH makes it a bit tricky to get fields in tip top shape everytime.

Toulon 5 Sharks 9

- - - Updated - - -

Toulon 5 Sharks 9

- - - Updated - - -

Toulon 5 Sharks 9 half time. score it's raining it's cold but teams trying to play rugby,the old SH mercenaries are holding their own against the super fit badly paid non mercenary Sharks
Hah! I had a good chuckle, Gaston- thanks!

Softies, hey? I'd like to see Toulon go to Bloemfontein and play some rugby in 40 degrees plus on pitches that make concrete decks feel like the cozy beds the Toulonnais went too to nurse their wounds :p

Anyway the Sharks aren't nown for their 'beautiful' rugby... (Sorry, Draggs but you know it's true!)

Couldn't see the match but glad the SA sides managed wins. I had high hopes for the Stormers this year as well but the injury curse is already sapping my hope ad we havn't even started! Looking at that Sharks line-up.. I know Jordaan is still injured but where are Alberts, TdT, Lewies and Frans Steyn. And I suppose JPP is stil in Japan? Also, no Daniels or Kanko?

Last edited:
Hah! I had a good chuckle, Gaston- thanks!

Softies, hey? I'd like to see Toulon go to Bloemfontein and play some rugby in 40 degrees plus on pitches that make concrete decks feel like the cozy beds the Toulonnais went too to nurse their wounds :p

Anyway the Sharks aren't nown for their 'beautiful' rugby... (Sorry, Draggs but you know it's true!)

Couldn't see the match but glad the SA sides managed wins. I had high hopes for the Stormers this year as well but the injury curse is already sapping my hope ad we havn't even started! Looking at that Sharks line-up.. I know Jordaan is still injured but where are Alberts, TdT, Lewies and Frans Steyn. And I suppose JPP is stil in Japan? Also, no Daniels or Kanko?

Alberts, TDT and Lewies was left in SA, to nurse their ****les for one more week. Frans Steyn and JPP will only return to SA this week (Today or Tomorrow). Daniel I don't know and Kanko was also left in SA, but not because of injury.

2 "B"-ish teams that played against one another in crap conditions, and yet Gaston with his eyeflaps still can't say anything nice or productive... Shame.

This was disappointingly rubbish game, with conditions and lack of continuity of the lineups and Toulon trying badly to play Barbarians rugby not helping. Hopefully if they ever decide to do a world tournament it will be a great deal better than that.

Despite all the money of Toulon, SH has won again. With players who earn lower wages than European wages

Latest posts