• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Toulon will let Hayman go to World Cup

Oh good. Concede that players in their late 30s aren't the same as when they're 27. Very magnanimous.

Tana is the only one I have mentioned that is actually in his late 30's and my post directly before referred to him in person

I think people are a little critical of McAlister since his return. Injury has been a main theme since his return, but I think he looks like he's realistically in great shape. He's certainly got one hell of a more powerful boot, and he can play a tad more of a physical game while also keeping much of his silky skills. I think it's just he's suffered from a few too many injuries for anyone to make a good guess at where he is at. I wouldn't be suprised if he had a hell of a season for the Blues.

Oh good. Concede that players in their late 30s aren't the same as when they're 27. Very magnanimous.

Tana is the only one I have mentioned that is actually in his late 30's and my post directly before referred to him in person

Andrew Blowers, Luke McAlistair, Chris Jack are just 3 examples I can think of that returned to NZ as shadows of the players they used to be.

In fact, I cannot think of any one player that has returned here and made an impact after player in the NH.

:rolleyes:

I think people are a little critical of McAlister since his return. Injury has been a main theme since his return, but I think he looks like he's realistically in great shape. He's certainly got one hell of a more powerful boot, and he can play a tad more of a physical game while also keeping much of his silky skills. I think it's just he's suffered from a few too many injuries for anyone to make a good guess at where he is at. I wouldn't be suprised if he had a hell of a season for the Blues.

Yep.. getting his cheek-bone fractured against the Wobblies didn't do a lot for his form. Then IIRC, he copped another bang on the head in another match (Maori v Barbarians??) some time after making his recovery.

No, the ARU operates the same way.

There's a similar "play here if you want to get picked" mindset in Ireland, South Africa and Wales (and they're introducing it in England after the WC), but they aren't centrally contracted players. There's also a fair amout of leeway where they'll bend the rules for some players (Murphy with Ireland, Butch James for SA, Wilkinson for England etc.)

In essence its a threat, where as In NZ and Australia they have no problem implementing the rule.

Latest posts