• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Toulouse v Cardiff Blues

People should dare not write off the Blues, people did a few years ago with Llanelli and look what happened!
[/b]
Uh no, that day we were demolished by what Toulouse did in the first half and managed to capitalise with great back play when they completely vaporised in the second half. Cardiff are a good side at the moment, better than what we were on that day, but I don't think they have the creativity in the backline to strike like we did. If they can keep the points difference low for a while, then you never know, they might just sneak it.

yeah, keep the points difference down, and just stay in touch with them, then we have a chance. Glad Dai's back, he was awesome v Stade Francais in the pool stages. Ben Blair better make sure his goal kickings on target though, or we definately won't win. Has Elissalde played no.10 for Toulouse recently? I know he's played there before, but not sure if he has in the last few games.

yeah, keep the points difference down, and just stay in touch with them, then we have a chance. Glad Dai's back, he was awesome v Stade Francais in the pool stages. Ben Blair better make sure his goal kickings on target though, or we definately won't win. Has Elissalde played no.10 for Toulouse recently? I know he's played there before, but not sure if he has in the last few games.
[/b]

He played number 10 versus Biarritz and in a couple of games early in the season.

Cardif Blues blew their chance to play this game at game at home in the pool stages now their doomed

Well I think we will benefit from being the underdogs, as we can see from some of the opinions on here they might as well not turn up.

now their doomed
[/b]
thomas2201417x450vq2.jpg

In all fairness, after a disastrous start, the Blues are doing well to stay in the game. They have a very good chance of winning at the moment. :eek:

Hardly the best try ever, but I think that's the ball game now. Cardiff havn't looked like scoring all game.

That said, we all remember San Sebastian last year...

Must say that the score did not reflect the game !!!!

I really enjoy it from start to finish and there is no doubt that Tolouse deserved to be the winners!

Cardiff were poor in the set plays and thats what cost them a possible victory today!

Men against boys in the end. Cardiff huffed and puffed but were poor today. Shanklin was abysmal.

Men against boys in the end. Cardiff huffed and puffed but were poor today. Shanklin was abysmal.
[/b]

Could not disagree more, Cardiff let themselves down mainly in the set plays and notiably Tom Shanklin dropping balls that should have been taken easily!

We played rugby and thats what the Sky commentators were impressed with, yes we made errors but the truth is the Cardiff lads should not be to upset with that scroline, as I said it was not a fair reflection of the game but take nothing away from Tolouse they played some very nice rugby! Had Cardiff played like Gloucster then the score probably would have been much bigger!

Can I advise Danny not to retort to Cymro's last remark? We don't want any pointless arguements regarding which of two two teams that haven't played each other for a while would win after this weekends performance. >.<

Yes the bill was a bit expensive for Cardiff this time.

Congrats to the two teams that never closed the game despite it was a eliminative game. Good illustration that the issue doesn't obligatory kill the game.

Loved the way Toulouse reacted after it's yellow card and kept the distance despite the Welsh try. Ellissalde is very interesting to see as fly half, excellent vision of the game and adaptation. I think that him and Keller will be even more creative when they have played more together.

Beautifull reaction from the audience who applaused and encouraged Heymans despite his two big mistakes that could have been definitive (Don't need to precise what a Football player would have heard in such occasion)
Definitely love Rugby for this behavior

Yes the bill was a bit expensive for Cardiff this time.

Congrats to the two teams that never closed the game despite it was a eliminative game. Good illustration that the issue doesn't obligatory kill the game.

Loved the way Toulouse reacted after it's yellow card and kept the distance despite the Welsh try. Ellissalde is very interesting to see as fly half, excellent vision of the game and adaptation. I think that him and Keller will be even more creative when they have played more together.

Beautifull reaction from the audience who applaused and encouraged Heymans despite his two big mistakes that could have been definitive (Don't need to precise what a Football player would have heard in such occasion)
Definitely love Rugby for this behavior [/b]

To be fair Ellissalde at 10 look good, could he play there for France is the question? The game for me was a good one to watch despite Cardiff losing I felt the game was fairly an attractive one!

<div class='quotemain'> Men against boys in the end. Cardiff huffed and puffed but were poor today. Shanklin was abysmal.
[/b]

Could not disagree more, Cardiff let themselves down mainly in the set plays and notiably Tom Shanklin dropping balls that should have been taken easily!

We played rugby and thats what the Sky commentators were impressed with, yes we made errors but the truth is the Cardiff lads should not be to upset with that scroline, as I said it was not a fair reflection of the game but take nothing away from Tolouse they played some very nice rugby! Had Cardiff played like Gloucster then the score probably would have been much bigger!
[/b][/quote]
Cardiff were **** ,Gloucester were **** lets leave it at that and move on.

Shanklin for the lions lol. :D
[/b]
What's great for me is how I can now gloat in the face of my arrogant family. My younger brother (11, yeh, I'm that childish :p) told me that Shanklin is much better than Jauzion, yet Jauzion didn't even need to play well to be better than Shanklin on that day. My father also gloated that the Ospreys were already on their way to the final. It's a shame that no Welsh teams got further than the Q-F's but I can't help but laugh at them both. :lol:

Latest posts