• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Toulouse v Ulster - Pool 5

Not surprisingly there's nothing new, all they've done is talk about it and show some of the fight between Brennan and the Plank.

The ERC seems to side with the Ulster supporter, even if they said they want to know more about the ulster supporters subgroup . They also apparently want to investigate why Toulouse fails to control its players ( <_< )

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/rugby_unio...ter/6300155.stm

Toulouse players Trevor Brennan and Gareth Thomas will both face misconduct charges arising from last Sunday's Heineken Cup clash against Ulster.

Brennan faces an ERC charge of assaulting Ulster supporter Patrick Bamford after leaving the playing area at the Stade Ernest Wallon.

Thomas is alleged to have engaged in "aggressive exchanges with spectators".

The Welsh international's hopes of playing in this year's Six Nations are threatened by any potential ban.

The charge levelled against Thomas says that he "aggressively attempted to enter one of the seating areas" and/or "made an offensive hand gesture towards spectators".

Brennan claimed he was provoked by chants about his mother but this has been "categorically" denied by Ulster supporter Bamford.

Former Ireland World Cup forward Brennan and ex-Wales captain Thomas must now attend disciplinary hearings following an initial investigation by European Rugby Cup disciplinary officer Roger O'Connor.

The ERC have also announced further investigation into the behaviour of a section of Ulster supporters, and Toulouse's alleged failure to control their players with regard to the incident.

Disciplinary hearings for Brennan and Thomas will be convened as soon as practicable.

Toulouse mounted a vigorous defence of Brennan but Ulster claimed Brennan had tarnished rugby with his actions.

Brennan appeared to punch Bamford several times leaving the 25-year-old accountant with a suspected fractured skull. [/b]

Well the impartiality of the BBC would have to be in question in this story, if Brennan is right, big if I know, then what is that BBC reporter playing at?

I'm not sure if it's a question of the ERC siding with Ulster, Brennan and Thomas still shouldn't have done what they did despite the provocation. Easy to say that in the cold light of day, or early morning darkness as it still is :p but the point stands.

Brennan got today a lifetime ban, a 25000â'¬ fine and 5000â'¬ of compensation for the poor victim.

He announced last week the end of his carreer.

:(

I still saw no actual footage of the event, but from the pics and accounts it sounds like a poor way to end your career.
I gotta say i wouldn't go punching anyone if they called my mum a whore unless i knew explicitly that they knew her as a person. Then the punches would start flying. Otherwise, it would seem like a petite attempt at trying to get one riled up.

Brennan got today a lifetime ban, a 25000â'¬ fine and 5000â'¬ of compensation for the poor victim.

He announced last week the end of his carreer.

:(
[/b]

Good riddance to him

Latest posts