• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Transfers 2015/16

Brett Herron (Bath) ---> Ulster

Anyone know what he's like? Former schoolboy international is all I was told.
Oldest, but 3rd choice FH in Bath's academy is all I know - don't recall even seeing his name in a line-up, let alone seeing him play; I've seen both the other 2 academy kids.

Oldest, but 3rd choice FH in Bath's academy is all I know - don't recall even seeing his name in a line-up, let alone seeing him play; I've seen both the other 2 academy kids.

Ulster really scraping the barrel with this one.

Did he retire for a couple of years?

Don't know if he did, but he might as well have given some of his injuries.

As for Brett Herron - big things were predicted for him when he was a schoolboy and attached to LI. I wasn't even aware he'd gone to Bath tbh and he also had a major injury prior to the U18s tour he was meant to go on. I'm not sure I'd be expecting big things but he's not a bad punt to take and could fill some depth around the 10/12 position that's been exposed by iHumph's retirement and Arnold's departure.

Don't know if he did, but he might as well have given some of his injuries.

As for Brett Herron - big things were predicted for him when he was a schoolboy and attached to LI. I wasn't even aware he'd gone to Bath tbh and he also had a major injury prior to the U18s tour he was meant to go on.

If in doubt, assume that's the case.

Good signing, but an odd one. Would have been very obvious to me were he qualified for Wales, but I'm suprised there wasn't better money going elsewhere.

He's not very good so I doubt there was money anywhere else.

Yeah, never been a fan of Hooper but don't like to see a player forced out.
Good luck to him for whatever comes next

Has been overly maligned as a player (including by myself) for his first few seasons at Bath - largely because he seemed to be selected for his captaincy rather than being one of our best locks - especially as his on-field captaincy appears to be pretty weak.
However, his last 2-3 years he upped his personal game, and became picked on (seeming) merit and became pretty core to what we were trying to do.
There will always be question marks about some of the claims made about him, from what could be seen in the pitch.
The players and coaches loved him as a leader... but he never seemed to rally the troops or influence the ref.
A thinker of a captain... who seemed prone to brain farts.
He was a real line-out technician... in charge of the worst line-out in the league.
An athletic lock... who didn't seem to get around the pitch all that well.

I fully believe that he's a good leader and a thinker who would make a good coach; but as a player... he took a long time to really earn his place on the field.