• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Transfers rumours

A couple weird ones.
Zebo-> France (Pau, Tolouse) and O'Halloran-> Munster (would go down like a bloody house on fire. Can't see it being true).

Isn't Zebo linked to france every year?

Ah it's too early to throw the towel in on Zebo, but he'll sweat for a starting job this year, and after watching his time on the pitch v Glasgow back if he shows that little interest again I won't have much time for him. O'Halloran is one of my favorite players, but I wonder if he'll really add much more than Conway can for us at the moment.
Agreed Connacht are a jokeshop at the moment and it's hard to pick out exactly why or what can be done to help them. So many of their players have regressed.

Lam leaving would prob be a big reason.

Isn't Zebo linked to france every year?

Lam leaving would prob be a big reason.
He is yes, but mainly because by his own admission he sees himself ending up there at some stage. Well Connacht were crap last season while he was there too, so I think their squad is lacking badly too.

Beirne to Munster is all but confirmed. Was apparently a done deal as early as the Summer. The mainstream media is picking up on Matson being our new coach, and he's quite likely, and if he brought Coleman I wouldn't complain. So low on second rows injury joker Mark Flanagan may start Saturday. Kleyn in crocked again.
EDIT: Hold up now, Wessels is Rebels bound. Ah well, hope it means he can try and take some of his Force boys with him and save some careers. Sounds like he was in the process of turning force around so I hope he can do a job in Australia. No idea who we'll get now though. I know Wayne Smith was mentioned. @munstermuffin put me and the Irish Independent out of our misery would ye?
Hahahaha IRFU official twitter roasting the independent
OfrUvOE.jpg

Last edited:
Lads I'll set record straight on Munster lads.
Zebo is in serious talks with Racing and Pau. If he doesn't get central deal he will go. Tiernan O'Halloran and Ultan Dillane are close to coming regardless. Tadgh Beirne also close. Adam Coleman has been approached for this season and should know 1 way or another next week. Wouldn't be worst loss if Zeebs goes as we have good talent coming through.

Zebo will go then, not a prayer of him geting a central contract.
If he goes he goes. No player will ever be bigger than team. And argubally Sweetnam is flying it, Conway is a proven 15 and Wootton will improve more. As will Johnston. Add in O'Halloran and Earls with O'Mahony and we will have options. Have youth coming through too. Should add JJ to there too.
But effectively the decision for Simon will be does he want to go to Japan in 2019 too

If he goes he goes. No player will ever be bigger than team. And argubally Sweetnam is flying it, Conway is a proven 15 and Wootton will improve more. As will Johnston. Add in O'Halloran and Earls with O'Mahony and we will have options. Have youth coming through too. Should add JJ to there too.
But effectively the decision for Simon will be does he want to go to Japan in 2019 too
My thoughts exactly. We have plenty of options and I'll look back on Zevo fondly but he's not a position of need and if he wants to come back later in his career he's welcome

My thoughts exactly. We have plenty of options and I'll look back on Zevo fondly but he's not a position of need and if he wants to come back later in his career he's welcome
If Zebo goes he will go for good. Elvira is from Spain and they have said that they will settle abroad 1 day closer to Madrid. South of France to Spain suits obviously

some signing rumours etc
Gaurdian
Alex Lozowski ----> Exeter Chiefs
https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2017/sep/30/exeter-saracens-alex-lozowski-fly-half

TRP
Polota-Nau ----> Leicester Tigers
Joe Gray and Jack Clifford -----> Top 14 (also say that clifford is unlikely though)
Lucas Noguera-Paz ------> Looking for a move
Strettle ---------------> Bordeaux
Goneva -----------------> Bordeaux
Strettle and Bendy ----> link to bris but likely to stay in France

Guessing if Lozowski goes to Exeter Slade prob wants to stay at 13.
9) Maunder
10) Lozowski
12) Devoto
13) Slade

With the likes of Hill, Steenson, Campagnaro would be tasty for Exeter.

Worcester have signed Jonno Lance on a short-term deal. Must admit I don't know much about him apart from that he played at Western Force & can play 10.

Webb's gone from the Ospreys, surely out of the running for a place in the Wales team.

'A new commandment I give thee - thou shalt honour Gatland's Law!'

Latest posts