• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Transfers rumours

Marland Yarde - Bath, Saints or top 14.
I just don't see how Saints need a winger. A full back yes, but not a winger with the like of North, Collins, Pisi, Estelles and Foden on the books. I'm not sure he improves it that much to be worth it

North leaving, perhaps?
A 2 second Google says he renewed in 2015, usual contract length in rugby is 2 seasons so that'd have him out of contract this season.

I just don't see how Saints need a winger. A full back yes, but not a winger with the like of North, Collins, Pisi, Estelles and Foden on the books. I'm not sure he improves it that much to be worth it
Think it may be the season after this, picked up from Saints fans via the TRP (which I don't read), don't know how reliable but seen as this is the rumours thread I thought I'd stick it on, as for my personal opinion could quite easily see George North heading back to Wales...

Think it may be the season after this, picked up from Saints fans via the TRP (which I don't read), don't know how reliable but seen as this is the rumours thread I thought I'd stick it on, as for my personal opinion could quite easily see George North heading back to Wales...
Not sure we've had too much off him in he last couple of seasons anyway, but if Yarde is the replacement I would want than money spent elsewhere

But as I type I realise that might be paying for Bigger

Not sure we've had too much off him in he last couple of seasons anyway, but if Yarde is the replacement I would want than money spent elsewhere

But as I type I realise that might be paying for Bigger
I've heard Bigger's deal is huge ie top 3-5 earners in the prem, have you heard anything?

I've heard Bigger's deal is huge ie top 3-5 earners in the prem, have you heard anything?

wales online reported a figure of 600k a season.

hopefully North will return back to wales, I don't think playing for Northampton is doing anything for him. It'll be interesting where he'd go though? scarlet's would be likely destination, but would that be justified with Halfpenny, McNicholl and Steff Evans on their books. Would North want to move back there after basically being sold last time round? How would the other regions react as well, especially if the scarlets also captured Moriarty, as both would likely be on NDC's adding to their already large contingent? There's already calls that the spread of NDC's are unfair, with Ospreys and especially Scarlets with unfair proportions in comparison to Blues and especially Dragons.

Big mumblings here in Limerick, Dave Wessels will be offered the Head Coach job and work with Rassie in a way that Rassie will stay advising even after he goes to South Africa. Also another coach will come in too it's looking like.

Big mumblings here in Limerick, Dave Wessels will be offered the Head Coach job and work with Rassie in a way that Rassie will stay advising even after he goes to South Africa. Also another coach will come in too it's looking like.

That would be a good signing IMO, did well with a limited force side.

That would be a good signing IMO, did well with a limited force side.
Add in his style suits us well (forward orientated) and well there won't be too much of a change in approach. He is rumoured to have another 2 guys coming with him.
Add in Rassie was the 1st guy to give him a coaching gig so they seem to be cut from same cloth.

North leaving, perhaps?
A 2 second Google says he renewed in 2015, usual contract length in rugby is 2 seasons so that'd have him out of contract this season.
I can tell you for a fact that North is leaving at the end of the season. 100% sure, I can't say how I know but take my word on that. Pretty sure it'll be back to Wales but not sure where

Yeah Wessels is flying around the usual sources now which is a pretty good indication. We're apparently very keen on him. Would be a pretty good appointment from my point of view.

I can tell you for a fact that North is leaving at the end of the season. 100% sure, I can't say how I know but take my word on that. Pretty sure it'll be back to Wales but not sure where
I'm honestly not fussed about this. Not sure he's ever fully settled in at the saints, so it would be best to spend his (probably rather large) portion of the salery cap elsewhere

I'm honestly not fussed about this. Not sure he's ever fully settled in at the saints, so it would be best to spend his (probably rather large) portion of the salery cap elsewhere
I can do a bit of digging and find out some more but I know George really wants to come back to Wales

What's his partner doing now she's retired? Might give an indication of where he's heading.

That's exactly how I'd feel if I were a Saints fan. When he first signed, I was excited to see him in the Premiership but plenty of far less heralded players have come in and done a lot better since then. He definitely hasn't produced a good return on investment for Saints.

That's exactly how I'd feel if I were a Saints fan. When he first signed, I was excited to see him in the Premiership but plenty of far less heralded players have come in and done a lot better since then. He definitely hasn't produced a good return on investment for Saints.
I agree although I think the way Saints play hasn't helped, wrong fit IMO..

James Hanson in on a three month deal, and Julian Montoya joining in December at Castle Grim.

Tom Marshall to move on in the summer.

Latest posts