• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Transfers rumours

Ed Slater back to Tigers would be eexxcceelleenntt business,
He's been quality for Gloucester and really what the Tigers pack have been missing. Considering you got May out of the deal - getting Slater back and keeping May would make the downturn in form worthwhile.

Would Slater go back though? I read an article not so long ago where he spoke about being told out of the blue that he would be leaving Tigers. Some suggestion it wasn't an entirely happy move for him ...

Watson apparently turned down Quins so I'd be disappointed if he pitched up at Tigers.

Neither are going to happen.

Slater has a year on his deal still I believe.
Watson is close to re-signing with Edinburgh.

I could see Slater being open to a return though MOC pushed it, Cohen wanted him to stay but Head Coach got what he wanted. Murphy and Slates are mates. Just don't see Glous releasing him.

To Quins, withw TRP framing these as announcements rather than rumours-
Mic Campagnaro from Wasps
Brett Heron fly half from Jersey
Garcia Botta l/h prop Argentina
Martin Ladajo scrum half Argentina
Scott Baldwin hooker
glen Young NEWCASTLE lock
RG Snyman SA lock

He doesn't half fill his rumours with a lot of old news.
Snyman, Young, Baldwin, Ladajo all old news now.
Mhm I know, but I think he's pointing to Gustards interview last week in which he said they were waiting to announce new signings until the right time and said he knew who they were so did it now

Rugbypass running Fardy to Wasps. If that were to happen I'd be high key ******.
He wants to stay here, we want to keep him he's not going to be directly blocking the development of any young locks, if anything his presence will accelerate their development. Genuinely can't articulate how p***ed off I'd be with the IRFU if this happens.

Wouldn't necessarily mean someone is off - players who go to the world cup probably won't see much game time this side of Christmas

He wants to stay here, we want to keep him he's not going to be directly blocking the development of any young locks, if anything his presence will accelerate their development. Genuinely can't articulate how p***ed off I'd be with the IRFU if this happens.
Fardy will be 35 this summer. He probably wants a two year deal. While he has been a brilliant player for Leinster, he's getting to the stage in his career where a player's physical ability diminishes. Let's not kid ourselves, he moved to Leinster for the money to help secure his and his family's future. If Wasps offer him a big multi year contract, he'd be crazy not to take it and Leinster/the IRFU would be crazy to match it.

I hope he stays as he's had a big positive impact. If he moves, I wish him well and look forward to seeing Ross Molony, Oisín Dowling, Jack Dunne, Charlie Ryan and Ryan Baird continue to develop.

Fardy will be 35 this summer. He probably wants a two year deal. While he has been a brilliant player for Leinster, he's getting to the stage in his career where a player's physical ability diminishes. Let's not kid ourselves, he moved to Leinster for the money to help secure his and his family's future. If Wasps offer him a big multi year contract, he'd be crazy not to take it and Leinster/the IRFU would be crazy to match it.

I hope he stays as he's had a big positive impact. If he moves, I wish him well and look forward to seeing Ross Molony, Oisín Dowling, Jack Dunne, Charlie Ryan and Ryan Baird continue to develop.

True but we'll struggle to challenge for trophies with him gone. We'd manage most years but in a world cup year with our starting locks in Japan we'll really struggle. As you say he'll be 35 but he should have plenty left in the tank given how late he came to top level rugby. If Wasps go all out then we can't compete with that but I'd be expecting decent signings next year if we don't keep him.

Don't know how we can expect to compete for trophies of we lose 2-3 international standard players every year and don't replace them.

Our vaunted backrow depth is more or less a myth at this point. Next season we'll have four decent internationals who've had more than their fair share or injuries (Ruddock, Leavy, Van Der Flier and Conan) and of them Conan and Ruddock are never going to be dominant players at the top level. After that we've got two brilliant prospects in Deegan and Doris but overall we're not really much stronger there than you'd expect a team capable of challenging for the Heineken Cup to be.

Murmurings that Jack McGrath might be off to Ulster as well but that's very much in the rumour category.

Burrell to either Warrington or Catalans, depending on whether you believe Fissler or Inside Line

Latest posts