• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Transfers rumours

I thought he went to boarding school at Hogwarts?

You're welcome, try the fish.
Either that or Eddie has him hook, line and sinker on this one.

Would be a bit of a nightmare if he gets over there and no way he can play haha.

Does make the Force more interesting to watch at the moment next season. Not sure what will happen with Spink & Kilbirige and with Simpson heading to sarries but those three plus Hegarty gives a nice prem vibe. Add in Potter and Nic White and all very fun.

I also love that they have Wilton Rebolo playing for them (brazilian loosehead)

Australia are hosting the 2027 RWC.
Is it not just possible that this is all just building up to that?
Strengthening their domestic teams; making a more attractive product, getting more eyeballs on the sport.

You don't have to play for Australia to strengthen the game there.

I know this is going back 7 days but it's come up before. Italy fielded ineligible players because although they were eligible for citizenship (if your ancestor emigrated after Italy unification and no one ever denounced citizenship you can be a citizen) they didn't have a grandparent or parent born in Italy.

Is there a space in Irish rugby for Kiss and Kidney?
I mean Ulster would be an ideal fit for both but McFarland is with them.

Could Kidney fit above Rowntree and take off the non senior rugby stuff?

Chris Jones on twitter:

Henry Arundell is set to hold talks with BathRugby

Scotland are understood to be interested in signing Ben White

Tom Pearson is expected to join SaintsRugby

Will Joseph, Ollie Hoskins and Ben Loader are set to hold talks with Saracens

Sorry but something fish about Sarries here

Pearson to Saints make sense
Sarries have seemingly convinced half their team to take pay cuts. So they have released/signed/extended the following:

In
Tom West (££), Gareth Simpson (£), Tom Parton (££), Tom Willis (£££),

Out
Robin Hislop (£), James Flynn (£), Eduardo Bello (£), Ethan Lewis (£), Jackson Wray (££), Ruben De Haas (£), Duncan Taylor (££), Max Malins (£££), Obinna Nkwocha (£)

Contract Extensions
Marco Riccioni (££), Jamie George (£££), Ben Earl (£££), Ivan Van Zyl (££), Elliot Daly (£££), Sean Maitland (££), Rotimi Segun (£), Alex Goode (££)

Then add the rumoured conversations with Anthony Watson (£££), Kilbrigie (££), Will Joseph (££), Ollie Hoskins (££), Ben Loader (££).

The numbers don't add up. I could understand the split of In Vs Out but the number of large extensions is what i don't get and i doubt that they aren't asking for payrises. It just seems odd. Most clubs are acquiring to releasing at a 1 to 3 split with very few extensions but Sarries completely buck the trend.

Compare that quins have brought in Launchbury, Lewis, Porter and Evans but also lost 12 players as offset inc. Bassett, Marchant, Allan, Louw etc.

Also very much enjoying that on Sarries board, some are questions how Bath can go for Arundell and stay under cap.......... Oh the irony.

Chris Jones on twitter:

Henry Arundell is set to hold talks with BathRugby

Scotland are understood to be interested in signing Ben White

Tom Pearson is expected to join SaintsRugby

Will Joseph, Ollie Hoskins and Ben Loader are set to hold talks with Saracens
Surely Chiefs will have some cap space left i mean our leavers vs players coming in is massively different. Id be surprised if we arnt bidding for some of the Lirish names.

Cardiff Blues have about 3 players for next season so imagine some will end up that side of the border

I wouldn't mind seeing Rogerson come back to Sale - seems the type of player that Sanderson would love - but don't think we need another backrow, other than maybe one on a short term deal to cover TC being at the world cup and Wiese/DdP/EvR/B.Curry potentially missing the start of the season with injury (only Wiese confirmed out atm, but the other three all having surgery on serious injuries so presumably a fair amount of recovery required)

Only position I think we're recruiting atm is hooker, but other than Creevy I don't know a lot about LI's hookers. Imagine Creevy will pick up a deal abroad somewhere, he's old but he's still bloody good.

Only position I think we're recruiting atm is hooker, but other than Creevy I don't know a lot about LI's hookers. Imagine Creevy will pick up a deal abroad somewhere, he's old but he's still bloody good.
You could do a lot worse than Matt Cornish IMO. Didn't seem to be rated much by the Irish coaches but he's caught my attention every time I've seen him play. Superb ball carrier.

Perhaps his darts aren't quite up to scratch? In which case he'd fit in very well at Sale.

I was going to say something similar re. Cornish being underrated and a good pick up for someone. I can't say I've ever noticed his darts being noticeably bad.

Sarries have seemingly convinced half their team to take pay cuts. So they have released/signed/extended the following:

In
Tom West (££), Gareth Simpson (£), Tom Parton (££), Tom Willis (£££),

Out
Robin Hislop (£), James Flynn (£), Eduardo Bello (£), Ethan Lewis (£), Jackson Wray (££), Ruben De Haas (£), Duncan Taylor (££), Max Malins (£££), Obinna Nkwocha (£)

Contract Extensions
Marco Riccioni (££), Jamie George (£££), Ben Earl (£££), Ivan Van Zyl (££), Elliot Daly (£££), Sean Maitland (££), Rotimi Segun (£), Alex Goode (££)

Then add the rumoured conversations with Anthony Watson (£££), Kilbrigie (££), Will Joseph (££), Ollie Hoskins (££), Ben Loader (££).

The numbers don't add up. I could understand the split of In Vs Out but the number of large extensions is what i don't get and i doubt that they aren't asking for payrises. It just seems odd. Most clubs are acquiring to releasing at a 1 to 3 split with very few extensions but Sarries completely buck the trend.

Compare that quins have brought in Launchbury, Lewis, Porter and Evans but also lost 12 players as offset inc. Bassett, Marchant, Allan, Louw etc.
🧐

Shady AF. What's new?

I was going to say something similar re. Cornish being underrated and a good pick up for someone. I can't say I've ever noticed his darts being noticeably bad.
I'm sure he almost came to Quins at the same time as we picked up Els

This is true..... but then Sarries pay their players in hugs and kisses and no one wants to leave.
Well….there is definitely a strong culture there that players buy in to. No question about that. That, and competing for the Prem ***le if not Europe right now, does matter. A lot is about money, but not all.

On the contract renewals / signings the clubs now have the whip hand as there are 3 fewer and players staying in the UK may well have to settle for less than they'd hoped - and that may well include some of the A listers as we've seen with Watson. Was Jamie George - 33 in October with probably limited appearances due to internationals - really in a position to try to drive through a significant increase? Maitland (34) and Goode (35) are great club men but past peak and again are they really likely to have got big increases? Planning ahead, Maitland only got a one year extension and Goode two.

Of course they'll talk to available talent - as will every other club. Even if they can't take them now they may be sewing seeds for the future - they do have a good number of 30 somethings that will need replacing at some point.

Given their past it's hard to believe they'd be daft enough to play fast and loose, but if they are there can't be any sympathy if it goes wrong.

Latest posts