• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Transfers rumours

Why? He has a proven record of managing an elite and consistent operation.

If England and Wales didn't go after Robertson too strongly it all makes sense to be honest. Leinster is about as clear a route into an International job as their is, he could retain head coach status and I reckon threatening to take the Ireland job would raise a few concerns with the NZRU given recent history.

I wonder if Joe Schmidt is helping out, still has a close connection with us.
Absolutely think the Nucifora role should be filled by someone from outside the provincial game, a foreigner preferred. Cullen would occasionally have to make decisions that would work against Leinster's best interests for the perceived 'greater good' in the role, which would be tough given he has personified the province for years and will hold v tight relationships with everyone in the setup.

In other news, Baxter, Hepher, Hunter and Pelli have all signed new deals at Exeter. Good business.

In other news, Baxter, Hepher, Hunter and Pelli have all signed new deals at Exeter. Good business.
Is it?

All for stability but they've all been there a very long time and there's an inevitable element of same old.

The club's in a bit of a transitional phase so you can see the attraction of continuity, but any leadership team needs gradual refreshing with new blood. In the press release Baxter acknowledges that the team hasn't performed to its potential for 18 months which would more usually have coaches looking over their shoulder than getting a new deal.

Great show of loyalty from the Chiefs but possibly misguided.

All for stability but they've all been there a very long time and there's an inevitable element of same old.
+1. It smacks of doing the same thing and expecting different results. Just a left-field theory, but I still wonder how much of Chiefs' decline can be attributed to Robin Cowling's dwindling involvement with the club.

Rumours up here that McGuigan is off to Gloucester from next week immediate effect...

Surely not...

Rumours up here that McGuigan is off to Gloucester from next week immediate effect...

Surely not...
That would be surprising with salary caps and contracts. Surely either Newcastle in huge financial trouble or it's a breach of contract.

...why though?

They've already got Singleton and Socino - whilst McGuigan would be an upgrade on Singleton it doesn't make sense form a money point of view to bring someone in. Unless Socino is walking or something?

Edit: Ok just googled and apparently Singleton had a very bad leg break last week and might be out for the season
If Falcons are hurting for cash atm, what with losing two home games, then charging Gloucester over the odds for McGuigan could be a smart bit of business

Singleton suffered a horror injury last night or one before.

Apparently it's true...as of this week.

Will Stuart signed for glos next season also...

Will Stuart signed for glos next season also...
They gotta be flirting pretty damn hard with the salary cap,
Everyone else making cuts and they sign Mercer, McGuigan and Stuart...
By all accounts they paid over the odds for Tuisue, as well, and he'll be third choice 8 next season

They gotta be flirting pretty damn hard with the salary cap,
Everyone else making cuts and they sign Mercer, McGuigan and Stuart...
By all accounts they paid over the odds for Tuisue, as well, and he'll be third choice 8 next season
I'm guessing McGuigan would be an injury signing for the rest of the season before (hopefully) heading down to Chiefs next year.

Injury signings excluded from cap, yes?

I'm guessing McGuigan would be an injury signing for the rest of the season before (hopefully) heading down to Chiefs next year.

Injury signings excluded from cap, yes?
True true, but I'm guessing it turns into a long term signing - unheard of to get a first choice player from someone else in the same league if it's literally only for a few months
Wait and see though I guess

Interestingly I wonder if this is Walder also starting to put his stamp on the squad.
Blamire just re-signed for 2 years this week and is much more physical and bigger, as is our England U20 hooker Ollie Fletcher who now becomes our second choice. His defence / tackling is brutal.
Our academy Hooker Charlie Smith is the England u18 hooker and is along the same lines...very physical and much bigger than McGuigan.

I expect to see quite a shake up at KP this summer....

Latest posts