• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Transfers rumours

I don't think McFarland is a bad coach, but there's definitely something not right in Ulster right now. A split is probably best for everyone. He only signed an extension to 2025 at he end of last season.

I don't think McFarland is a bad coach, but there's definitely something not right in Ulster right now. A split is probably best for everyone. He only signed an extension to 2025 at he end of last season.
Yeah. This is the feeling I have.

I get the impression he feels like he's taken that Ulster side as far as he can and TBH, he probably has.

A fresh start at Tigers would be a good shout.

LRZ being looked at by the nfl
So he can go through the foreign player camp thing, get on a practise squad, and never player a game? I guess practise squad money is better than most rugby contracts, though

I just can't see a rugby player ever successfully making the switch - as fast/good as LRZ is in rugby, stick him in the pads and give everyone 5 mins rest after every play and I bet there's a dozen college players who match him athletically while also have the instincts for the game that only come from playing from a young age

So he can go through the foreign player camp thing, get on a practise squad, and never player a game? I guess practise squad money is better than most rugby contracts, though

I just can't see a rugby player ever successfully making the switch - as fast/good as LRZ is in rugby, stick him in the pads and give everyone 5 mins rest after every play and I bet there's a dozen college players who match him athletically while also have the instincts for the game that only come from playing from a young age

In terms of speed I don't think many running backs would be quicker.

I could see someone making the switch successfully they just need to do it before hitting mid 20's so injuries don't hamper them.

LRZ if he went after the rugby World Cup would be the same age as other rookies basically.

Mailata moved at 21 years old to the nfl got drafted by the eagles spent 2 years on the injury and reserve roster made his debut in 2020 and this year at 25 years old signed a $64 million with over $40 million in guaranteed money for 4 years.

In terms of speed I don't think many running backs would be quicker.

I could see someone making the switch successfully they just need to do it before hitting mid 20's so injuries don't hamper them.

LRZ if he went after the rugby World Cup would be the same age as other rookies basically.

Mailata moved at 21 years old to the nfl got drafted by the eagles spent 2 years on the injury and reserve roster made his debut in 2020 and this year at 25 years old signed a $64 million with over $40 million in guaranteed money for 4 years.
Fair,
I don't really follow the NFL so I guess I only see the guys who didn't make it rather than the success stories

It is Fissler so huge pinch of salt but says there's discontent with how they're handling contract negotiations. Maybe playing hardball more than players are liking?
Must be tough because alot of players are getting that age where post WC they wont make the next and is their last chance to go to France on a big money contract. And a new experience for a one club player

Wonder how Chiefs will deal if we lose Simmonds LCD Nowell and heard rumours of JSimmonds too. There will be alot of cap space and i wonder where it will be spent.
We will be abit weak in quite alot of places

It is Fissler so huge pinch of salt but says there's discontent with how they're handling contract negotiations. Maybe playing hardball more than players are liking?
Not just "playing hardball", but doing it publicly in Jack Nowell's case.

Malcolm Marx NOT coming to Munster but

Niall Scannell to Bath rumored. I've been on the Buckley bandwagon since wasps last year, but we'd be light on hookers if he went.

Latest posts