• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Transfers rumours

Tom Willis to Sarries sounds pretty much confirmed, not sure how they sign him as they have just resigned a load of big players and no one bar Malins announced leaving but Parton in to replace him.

Tom Willis to Sarries sounds pretty much confirmed, not sure how they sign him as they have just resigned a load of big players and no one bar Malins announced leaving but Parton in to replace him.
Initially as injury cover for McFarland? Longer term, maybe the likes of the Vunipolae want to cash in post RWC.

Initially as injury cover for McFarland? Longer term, maybe the likes of the Vunipolae want to cash in post RWC.
Seems to be post end of his contract at Bordeaux, although they are really keen to keep him. I could very much see Billy heading in the other direction as well as Mako.

Malcolm Marx NOT coming to Munster but

Niall Scannell to Bath rumored. I've been on the Buckley bandwagon since wasps last year, but we'd be light on hookers if he went.
All that is based on no background working but I can assure you the walls in UL tell me a few things differently ;)

Also Niall is looking to be on way to Bath and Rory looks like he may be going to Sale or Northampton are the mumblings.

Rory Scannell. Our 12. Scannells travel in packs.

@munstermuffin don't give me hope!!
Is he ****?
I had a google and seems like he most of the the backline and is pretty small for a modern centre - I do think we need to be signing a senior centre this summer but...not one like that, tbh
If we wanted a small distributor we'd keep on Mills and have the EQP credit

I like Scannell a lot. Really good distributor and carries well above his weight. Quite reminiscent of Dan Kelly (or rather, I suppose Kelly is reminiscent of Scannell).

I think he'd be a good signing for Sale. I rate Mills a lot but let's be honest, with his injury record he's essentially just an empty slot in the squad.

Scannell's ability to cover 10 also just makes him a pretty handy man to have around the squad and fill in if needed. I doubt he commands a mega wage or anything, although he won't be on pennies either.

Is he ****?
I had a google and seems like he most of the the backline and is pretty small for a modern centre - I do think we need to be signing a senior centre this summer but...not one like that, tbh
If we wanted a small distributor we'd keep on Mills and have the EQP credit
I think he'd be a good signing and probably not on huge money as he doesn't command the salary of an established international etc. He's started for Munster in European semis etc and has top level experience. He was v good against SA in November. Not very tall, but he has a seriously powerful lower body. Can kick from tee and hand.

That said he isn't going to light up the world in an attacking sense and I don't mind moving on from him if we have ambitions of silverware, because he doesn't really fit where we're trying to go under the new coaches, but he's at worst an extremely strong very honest squad player who doesn't get injured to my recollection.

I think he'd be a good signing and probably not on huge money as he doesn't command the salary of an established international etc. He's started for Munster in European semis etc and has top level experience. He was v good against SA in November. Not very tall, but he has a seriously powerful lower body. Can kick from tee and hand.

That said he isn't going to light up the world in an attacking sense and I don't mind moving on from him if we have ambitions of silverware, because he doesn't really fit where we're trying to go under the new coaches, but he's at worst an extremely strong very honest squad player who doesn't get injured to my recollection.
He'd likely be replacing Sam Hill so all this sounds great, tbh, seeing as Hill has minimal top level experience, can't kick and is often injured

Latest posts