• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Transfers rumours

Also not an official rumour but one i reckon will happen. So Saints planning for life without Ribbans, so I was thinking where he might go.... my thoughts Glaws?

only 4 locks atm, two being Davidson/Craig who aren't on much £ and Clarke whose often playing backrow.

When was the last time Clarke played back row though? I'm pretty sure he's only started at lock for at least the last 2 seasons.

When was the last time Clarke played back row though? I'm pretty sure he's only started at lock for at least the last 2 seasons.
True, even still i'd argue that they are probably missing one top quality lock. Ribbans would fit that perfectly
a pack of VRR, Singleton, Balmain, Alemano, Ribbans, Ackernmann, Ludlow, Mercer, Meehan, Hastings, Atkinson, Harris, LRZ, Thorley, Carreras is a pretty serious team especially with likes of McGuigan, Tuisue, Polledri, Clarke, May etc off the bench

Dave Ewers has signed for Ulster
Billy Vunipola leaving england
Twelve trees and Reid to ealing
James Coughlan to sale
I know Ewers is into his 30s now but that's yet another Chiefs staple going. Real end of an era feel there. The rebuild will be interesting to watch.

Binny makes perfect sense. As does T Willis coming in.

You've got Hill, Underhill, Barbeary, Bayliss, Cloete, Coetzee, De Carpentier, White, Ellis, Tonks, van Velze and more. Some fat has to be trimmed somewhere.
I know, and am prepared for that, but A] I really don't want to see Reid leave, and B] To Ealing? he;s way better than that.

Reid would be ahead of Tonks, White, Van Velze, De Carpentier, Williams, Roux, Ellis, and probably Coetzee as well - we've plenty of fat to trim in the backrow before reaching Reid - who isn't the rumoured Reid anyway.

FTR, I also expectr to be unhappy about at least 1, probably more like 3 of our departures this year, as JvG starts building the squad that HE wants, which inevitably means the departure of a few fan-favourites.

FTR, I also expectr to be unhappy about at least 1, probably more like 3 of our departures this year, as JvG starts building the squad that HE wants, which inevitably means the departure of a few fan-favourites.
When's JJ's contract up? Think his departure is very much inevitable at this point.

When's JJ's contract up? Think his departure is very much inevitable at this point.
Signed a new contract last year when Hooper, Craig and Griffith's were having their ******* contest about who's club it is.
Probably 2 years, possibly 1 year, possibly 1+1.

I'd like to keep him at the right price, but the right price would be a significant reduction.

Latest posts