• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Transfers rumours

And sarries paid for their houses, holidays, families business etc all off the books. Let's not forget that.

When their cheating squad retires they are really going to struggle to keep at the top (unless they find another way to cheat).

Ben Loader to Stormers now
Arundell in talks with Racing
Before players would stay for the chance to play for England...now players who play for England are leaving for more money and a better more stable league...surely something needs to happen, i dont know what though.

Before players would stay for the chance to play for England...now players who play for England are leaving for more money and a better more stable league...surely something needs to happen, i dont know what though.
Both of those players would still be eligible for at least next year do to the LI situation. I doubt Loader in particular would go to SA for longer than a 1 year deal.

I doubt there are many/any real deals for them in England right now with the current financial/salary cap situation.

AFAIK that's not confirmed for Irish players

Tbh sticky situation being mid-season vs off season,
I personally wouldn't extend it to them, but could understand/accept why it would happen as most sides will have finished recruitment now and very few would be in a situation where they'd be looking for injury cover for the start of the season - but solely for Irish players for one season, not for the likes of J.Willis

AFAIK that's not confirmed for Irish players

Tbh sticky situation being mid-season vs off season,
I personally wouldn't extend it to them, but could understand/accept why it would happen as most sides will have finished recruitment now and very few would be in a situation where they'd be looking for injury cover for the start of the season - but solely for Irish players for one season, not for the likes of J.Willis
I'd say to give them at least a season to sort it out. Hardly anyone in the Prem will be able to afford them at this stage, surely.

Recent Irish rumours
Joseph in talks with Quins
Munga in talks with Saints
On top of the older rumours

Slightly concerned that Saints will ruin Pearson and Munga agression aspect

But Say
4. Lawes
5. Munga
6. Ludlam
7. Pearson
8. Augustus

Is a fast back 5 of the pack if coached correctly

That sounds low tbh - like that's what I'd expect him to be on if he stayed in the UK, but then topped up with England cap money

Reckon France are dangling "well the Prem is in a state so come here on less than everyone else or stay there and maybe end up jobless" over players heads?

That sounds low tbh - like that's what I'd expect him to be on if he stayed in the UK, but then topped up with England cap money

Reckon France are dangling "well the Prem is in a state so come here on less than everyone else or stay there and maybe end up jobless" over players heads?

I'm fairly sure that's not a huge amount more than what he's on now, plus England payments.

Unless Quins are trying to get him to take a cut, I don't see the appeal there (beyond Paris ofc). If his goal is to win the Champions Cup, he's not going to do it there...

I don't know how valuable he is in France? If you look at the big spenders they're all fairly well stocked apart from Racing. I don't think any of the top 8 would be willing to spend 500k to replace their current starters.

Probably, a shot in the hope he wants to move.

Not massive money BUT I guess it depends on what he thinks Borthwick will do.

Smith could do 2 years in Paris and return at 26. It's good security, Mercer benefited massively from it.

Racing have got Tuisova, Rowlands and Kolisi who should all improve them. Not sold on Lancaster but he's not that bad.

Is Quins honestly going to be more challenging for ***les than Racing? He's won the premiership already so not like that would be a big selling point. Also with the way rugby is in France wouldn't be surprised if he had the option for bigger endorsement deals

Smith could do 2 years in Paris and return at 26. It's good security, Mercer benefited massively from it.

Racing have got Tuisova, Rowlands and Kolisi who should all improve them. Not sold on Lancaster but he's not that bad.

Is Quins honestly going to be more challenging for ***les than Racing? He's won the premiership already so not like that would be a big selling point. Also with the way rugby is in France wouldn't be surprised if he had the option for bigger endorsement deals
I suppose RocNation might want him and Kolisi at the same team too

Forgot about Lancaster, he'd definitely work well with Smith. He probably doesn't win anything in his two years in Paris but that would definitely improve him as an individual. It'd probably beneficial for him not to be the centre of attention and main man at club level too.

Lancaster turned Ross Byrne into a good imitation of an international 10, could work wonders with Smith.

Sounds like we're announcing a 1yr deal for LCD soon,
So long as we're not paying over the odds (considering his French deal fell through, and he'll be away for the RWC/mandatory stand down hopefully we've offered him a sensible amount) then it should work out for all parties - he gets to keep playing while looking for his next big money move abroad (and probably gets a few more England appearances under his belt to top up his salary), we bring in an international class hooker to hold fort while we bring through Caine/look for a new senior hooker (apparently Ashman's departure caught the club by surprise, as he still had years left on his contract, so that messed up recruitment plans)

Only concern is:
a) He's injury prone
b) Akker is injury prone
c) Taylor is injury prone

So fingers cross their all synch up their injuries so there's at least one available at a time

Arundell To Racing reported as done deal
10. Smith
11. Arundell
14. Wade

Has there ever been more of a glass cannon backline?
Score 5 tries, concede 6

Latest posts