• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Transfers rumours

Some confirmations from Bath: https://www.bathrugby.com/news/bath-rugby-squad-update/
Bayliss, Green, Wright and Atkins promoted to the senior squad; Vaughan and Nixon extending at Bath, with heavy implication that they're now senior rather than academy.
Alex Davies (FH) signed from Leedshire
KPN, Knight and Williams confirmed as leaving (if they've been confirmed as arriving anywhere I haven't spotted it)

Still no news on James Wilson - we (think we) know he's been offered a new contract, but is also considering a lower-tier NZ contract, and retirement; but he's not listed as ether staying or going in today's announcement - which implies that the offer stands, nad if he rejects, we'd still be looking for someone on that salary allocation.

I like Charlie, but you've got a decent number of wingers... he might be 3rd choice at best if Ibitoye, Earle and Micalcius play well.

I was really disappointed to lose Aspland-Robinson and I'd be equally gutted if Walker goes. Along with Smith, he's one of the few players we have who can create something out of nothing.

Our wingers aren't really good enough. Visser blows very hot and cold and, as good as he can be in attack, that is tempered by him being a turnstile in defence. That really doesn't help given how pourous our attack is at the best of times ...

Earle has a lot to prove. He has the physical attributes but after his injury, he's been given an easy ride and should be achieving a lot more than he has so far. He's been competing with players like Maitland and Wyles at Saracens who are good, but given how much he was hyped, he should have been able to get ahead of them. Saracens don't let go of quality players of Earle's age ...

Ibitoye has the potential to be something special, but he's not ready yet IMO.

Jonas had never played Premiership rugby and as AFAIK, there's been no injury update on him in a long while. His injury was described as a 'multi-ligament horror injury' at the time, so it's not a given that he'll be back and Premiership-ready ...

Alofa and Ross Chisholm are decent squad players, but aren't first team quality.

If Cipriani signs for Bristol, Madigan could be the answer Ulster have been looking for ...

So various sources saying that Ben Ryan, Shaun Edwards and Paul Gustard are in contention for the Quins' head coach role.

Would be interesting to see Ryan working alongside one of those two, I'd obviously prefer Gustard to not leave England at this juncture.
I don't know how well Ryan could work with someone else though....

I think Edwards would be a great shout in terms of taking control of a possibly unfocused, chummy side.

I think if Gloucester want to be a top team, Billy Burns is at best a deputy fly-half. So I'd expect him to play second-choice.

Owen Williams... god knows. He's too expensive to keep as second-choice (as is currently the case), let alone third-choice. And with Twelvetrees/Atkinson/Van Rensberg(?)/Trinder/Banahan I don't expect he'll get much time in the centres either. Either both parties see it as mutually beneficial to terminate his contract early, or he spends a lot of time in the reserves next season.

I think if Gloucester want to be a top team, Billy Burns is at best a deputy fly-half. So I'd expect him to play second-choice.

Owen Williams... god knows. He's too expensive to keep as second-choice (as is currently the case), let alone third-choice. And with Twelvetrees/Atkinson/Van Rensberg(?)/Trinder/Banahan I don't expect he'll get much time in the centres either. Either both parties see it as mutually beneficial to terminate his contract early, or he spends a lot of time in the reserves next season.

Would imagine Glous will want out, ever with them have cap spare, that won't want to have a 400K player doing nothing, might aswell invest it elsewhere.

9. Vellacott
10. Cipriani
11. Bananaman
12. Janse Van Rensburg
13. Trinder
14. Thorley
15. Woodward

Would be a good backline put that 400K to a top 9.

I think Williams has been unlucky in that people tend to remember his mistakes (there have been a few.....) and thus he'll struggle to get a game. Newport have been sniffing around for months and although Ackers has said he wants him to stay, I think he'll go. He's on big money so we can't have him warming the bench.

Billy is, at best, a good back up at 10.

Reckon
James Marshall will sign for Saints mainly due to Boyd connection.
Paddy Jackson finally be announced by Sale with that SA centre André Esterhuizen maybe some others to try and ease that Jackson signing.

Faf de Klerk has said a couple of times that Rohan is coming back to Sale,

He'll be heartbroken if he ends up at webbed feet R us :(

At one stage it sounded like it would happen, still might who knows.
Aren't you being linked to the Lions FB aswell?

Although you have been linked with about 1000000000000000000000 players this season so far.

Latest posts