• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Treviso v Perpignan

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Thingimubob @ Oct 10 2009, 09:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Great win for Treviso, well done to them! :bravo:
Couldn't have come at a better time either, I read somewhere that there's a doubt over the Magners Legue team based in Rome, which could open a gap for Treviso to take their place.[/b]

which as an outsider looking in seems like the right thing to happen given that this isn't the first decent result Treviso have got in Europe, so surely they'd be the side to compete the most in the ML, were there financial or political reasons given for them not getting one of the spots?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Oct 10 2009, 09:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Thingimubob @ Oct 10 2009, 09:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Great win for Treviso, well done to them! :bravo:
Couldn't have come at a better time either, I read somewhere that there's a doubt over the Magners Legue team based in Rome, which could open a gap for Treviso to take their place.[/b]

which as an outsider looking in seems like the right thing to happen given that this isn't the first decent result Treviso have got in Europe, so surely they'd be the side to compete the most in the ML, were there financial or political reasons given for them not getting one of the spots?
[/b][/quote]
There was political reasons and geographical excuses. But as you said they have produced a magical result today but have also done in past. But this is on back of playin in a league well below standards of ML, GP and Top14. Imagine the benefits the italian teams in ML will have which will then help their national team and make the game stronger in Italy.

Although it will take season or 2 for them to really compete and adjust I hope that it does go well.

lucky benetton won this game because the catalans understimated their opponents and the weather conditions helped a lot the home team.
great line out and scrummage by teviso's forwards.
poor three quarters by both sides.
great achievement for italian rugby

Tremendous result for Treviso! Even if it does hurt my predictions for this weekend. Really happy that the H-Cup is already living up to its awesome nature. Super, super stuff

Well done Treviso, tough lesson of humility for Perpignan, a game is never won before you play it. Qualification will be hard to reach now for them though

Latest posts