• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

TRF 21 Patch

Also I just realised I've downloaded rosters but still it still uses the old rosters for World league

Hi AMA1 DO U KNOW HOW TO PUT THAT SAXOPHONE SOUND THEY NORMALLY USE IN RUGBY WORLD CUPS AND THEN THE CROWD MAKE A HUGE NOICE AFTER THAT.

You would need to convert the sound to .asf format and then import into the chants.big file, overwriting one of the pre-existing crowd chants.
Use Ditty Importer or WIMPDITT music converter.

Same thing is used for the soundtrack files.

Last edited:
You would need to convert the sound to .asf format and then import into the chants.big file, overwriting one of the pre-existing crowd chants.

I exactly don't know how to do can u do it for me sir please if u don't mind

Sorry to maybe ask the obvious question, but are the files simply dropped into the main install folder? Total noob at Rugby 08 mods.

I have tried to add in the chants.big file but was unsuccessful can u please put it in the chants.big crowd file so It can atleash play during any a match sir please Ama1

OK, I'll have a crack at it. Im assuming its the same way I changed the songs in-game, as its in the same audio format.
I'm working on some other parts of the game at the moment (i.e; new commentary file, new screens, intro video, challenge mode) but will get onto this when I can.

I've finished the 2022 roster. I'm eagerly awaiting jim546 to complete this seasons kits.
Basically the same teams as the TRF21 patch - plus I managed to add Perpignan, Biarritz, Drua, Moana Pasifika and Newcastle without crashing the game.

I have added the roster and WIP files here.
Keep in mind, I hex edited the new files for team id's 102,103,107 & 108 to enable them to work, so you would need to overwrite the existing files.
I added 'dummy' kits to test them, but you can just overwrite them.
The list of files to replace is in the enclosed spreadsheet.

Nice, I can see what you're trying to do with the teams in exhibition. Unfortunately the groups "South" and "Europe 1" don't work for me for some reason, they just have the England national team in them. Fortunately the teams I haven't finished are in Euro 2 (Perpignan, Newcastle and Biarritz) so I can still work on them atm, but won't be able to do a full test of the new kits.

Whoops, my bad. I did some experimentation with the .english file and must have sent this one to you.
Basically theres a limit to the number of teams per fegroup, so...as there are too many teams in the european fegroup - the game crashes at
the squad select screen. It works once you move some teams into another group.
I forgot I was experimenting with the European teams, categorising them in alphabetical order and all southern hemisphere teams (regardless of competition they are in)
would go in the 'Southern' category.

Keep in mind, I hex edited the new files for team id's 102,103,107 & 108 to enable them to work, so you would need to overwrite the existing files.
I added 'dummy' kits to test them, but you can just overwrite them.
The list of files to replace is in the enclosed spreadsheet.

@ama1 Thank you very much for the 2022 Mod, it is much appreciated! Could you please attach the spreadsheet you mentioned for adding / editing the player attributes, or is the "TRF 2022 File list" supposed to be used in conjunction with that other software for creating/editing players?

I have some questions regarding the 22 mod.
If you don't have any problems in answering them it will be a huge help for me. Maybe they can help someone else idk

Is this one is the newest version? Or do you have to add some other things?

Where do you install this? In the same folder as the Rugby 21 mod or in a basic 08 folder?

@ama1 Thank you very much for the 2022 Mod, it is much appreciated! Could you please attach the spreadsheet you mentioned for adding / editing the player attributes, or is the "TRF 2022 File list" supposed to be used in conjunction with that other software for creating/editing players?
Here is the spreadsheet for the roster.

To edit player names, refer to the ASCII to hex worksheet and change them on the new ros worksheet under the corresponding row.

Here is the spreadsheet for the roster.

To edit player names, refer to the ASCII to hex worksheet and change them on the new ros worksheet under the corresponding row.
Thank you very much.

I have some questions regarding the 22 mod.
If you don't have any problems in answering them it will be a huge help for me. Maybe they can help someone else idk

Is this one is the newest version? Or do you have to add some other things?

Where do you install this? In the same folder as the Rugby 21 mod or in a basic 08 folder?
The 22 mod is still a WIP, only the roster has been released

Latest posts