• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

TRF 21 Patch

That's the wrong game folder, the mod should be installed in the main folder where the exe is located on your machine, most likely under C:/Program Files(x86)/Rugby 08/

Yes that one, place the xml, rdf etc.. files in that folder.

@ama1 just finished playing six nations... the game is spot on!! rosters, kits, banners, boards, the field, everything is flawless!! would love to have all tournaments the same, specially premiership, lions tour and super rugby... can you make that possible?

Yes, the Premiership and Super Rugby are the next things I want to fix.
The goal is a mod that is both accurate and stable.

At the moment, I've been sidetracked with trying to decrypt the motion capture animations from the game.
I want to mod them to de-power the dive tackle, change the box kicks to an up & under type motion, remove the lineout throw 'arm flinch', etc..etc.
Maybe even add a few new ones, such as corner dives, different offloads, tackles, high kick contests..

I believe they are stored/ indexed in files 4bff1461263dfe7d59a840cbfd8520aa.big and 3d165fb41c2c78420bec94c946be45d8.bin.

Yes, the Premiership and Super Rugby are the next things I want to fix.
The goal is a mod that is both accurate and stable.

At the moment, I've been sidetracked with trying to decrypt the motion capture animations from the game.
I want to mod them to de-power the dive tackle, change the box kicks to an up & under type motion, remove the lineout throw 'arm flinch', etc..etc.
Maybe even add a few new ones, such as corner dives, different offloads, tackles, high kick contests..

I believe they are stored/ indexed in files 4bff1461263dfe7d59a840cbfd8520aa.big and 3d165fb41c2c78420bec94c946be45d8.bin.
wow is that really something that's possible ? Are they also other things that could be corrected ? I'm thinking about the fact that a ball into touch makes the team lose its penalty advantage, or also the fact that you can't do many set plays withtout being tackled because players are too close to opposing team...

wow is that really something that's possible ? Are they also other things that could be corrected ? I'm thinking about the fact that a ball into touch makes the team lose its penalty advantage, or also the fact that you can't do many set plays withtout being tackled because players are too close to opposing

You can change how close the players are from the opposing team, by changing the X position in the xml files for the Set Piece Plays ama has provided the full list in earlier threads I don't think the Rugby06 Game Settings are compatible with Rugby08

New to the forum and have to say there is some amazing effort being put in here. Haven't played rugby 08 in years but after disappointment of rugby challenge 4 (mostly around gameplay) I found this and it's basically what I've been looking for.

I'm not too familiar with modding but keen to help out. I've picked out a few resources: 'File List For Modders' and 'Rugby 08 Roster - Hex Editing' from ama1 + some bits and pieces on MJC studios. Plan is to try and have a go teaching myself a few bits this weekend in between the 6N matches. Interested mainly in player info/attribute and roster editing but keen to have a go at mini face editing and maybe face design. Most of the roster work and kits seems to already be there which is great.

Got plenty of ideas of things I would like to do but need to get an idea of limitations and how long changes take etc. first. Will have a go at updating/tweaking some of the Gallagher prem rugby and six nations teams/players as a starting point as that is where I'm most familiar.

Few quick questions for Am1:
  • What is the main difference between this and Peter83s version? – is it using those files but with an aim to try and cut out any game crashing issues etc.? (as a sidenote – wondered if an updating changelog might be useful)
  • I've had a first look through the 'Rugby 08 Rosters' spreadsheet to edit the hex. Think I understand how to edit current players but wondering (1) is it possible to add new players to roster using this spreadsheet (For Gloucester - Ollie Thorley, Louis Rees-Zammit etc.) (2) how do you assign players to clubs? (3) how do you know the overall rating of a player?
  • I'm having an issue where my game is crashing pretty much every game when it finishes (both peter83 and am1 version)– wondering if there is something simple I'm doing wrong? Will change the profile and see if that fixes it
Few things I'm going have a go at for example changing Lewis Ludlam (Northampton player) to Lewis Ludlow in Gloucester squad, raising Dupont/Ntamack/Fickous ratings in French squad etc.

Thanks for your work!

I had a play about and it seems my game was linking to a roster that was maybe from a few weeks back and causing issues. I removed that from the folder (EA SPORTS(TM) Rugby 08) and loaded up the game and everything is working great now with no crashes so far so guess that must be the issue. It also seems to be a more complete roster - Dupont is now 91 rated on this version so disregard what I said about needing to upgrade those French players (he was 74 rated in the roster it was linking to). Also LRZ, Thorley etc. are all in there now so basically all the issues resolved.

wow is that really something that's possible ? Are they also other things that could be corrected ? I'm thinking about the fact that a ball into touch makes the team lose its penalty advantage, or also the fact that you can't do many set plays withtout being tackled because players are too close to opposing team...
RE: Set plays.

Here are the set play files, if you wish to revert them...

Entry button - assigns a player (jersey number) to each set play assignment

x is fly half width from the ruck
z is how far back the fly half stands.

Attachments

• Set Plays.zip
    3.9 KB · Views: 45
Here are the set plays - to help visualise each players assignment.

Classic
Pocket
Cross Kick
Pivot

Attachments

• Classic 1.jpg
    Classic 1.jpg
    6.4 KB · Views: 7
  • Classic 2.jpg
    Classic 2.jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 7
  • Classic 3.jpg
    Classic 3.jpg
    6.4 KB · Views: 6
  • Classic 4.jpg
    Classic 4.jpg
    6.5 KB · Views: 7
  • Pocket.jpg
    Pocket.jpg
    4.5 KB · Views: 7
  • Cross Kick.jpg
    Cross Kick.jpg
    6.1 KB · Views: 7
  • Pivot 1.jpg
    Pivot 1.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 7
  • Pivot 2.jpg
    Pivot 2.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 4
  • Pivot 3.jpg
    Pivot 3.jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 4
  • Pivot 4.jpg
    Pivot 4.jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Dummy Switch & Loop

Attachments

• Dummy Switch 3.jpg
    Dummy Switch 3.jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 2
  • Dummy Switch 2.jpg
    Dummy Switch 2.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 2
  • Dummy Switch 1.jpg
    Dummy Switch 1.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 2
  • Dummy Switch 4.jpg
    Dummy Switch 4.jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 2
  • Loop 1.jpg
    Loop 1.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 1
  • Loop 2.jpg
    Loop 2.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 1
  • Loop 3.jpg
    Loop 3.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 1
  • Loop 4.jpg
    Loop 4.jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 2
Miss & Miss Pivot

Attachments

• Miss 2.jpg
    Miss 2.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 3
  • Miss 1.jpg
    Miss 1.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 4
  • Miss 3.jpg
    Miss 3.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 5
  • Miss 4.jpg
    Miss 4.jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 4
  • Miss Pivot 1.jpg
    Miss Pivot 1.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 3
  • Miss Pivot 2.jpg
    Miss Pivot 2.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 1
  • Miss Pivot 3.jpg
    Miss Pivot 3.jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 1
  • Miss Pivot 4.jpg
    Miss Pivot 4.jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 2
Just had a go at this and changed the ruck line in 133e40027a22bb07095c5076ce5376b0 (miss pass set move) to <flyHalfOffset x ="-0" z = "-9"> so the fly half is essentially standing just behind the ruck. Wanted to try it out mainly for 'QUICK_SETPLAY_FOUR_CHIP' (triangle, miss 4) as they always seemed to kick straight out to touch before as not enough space or kick when the fly half is standing wide - seems to work better now but they never recollect the ball (sometimes dive on it so potentially useful in 22 to kick into in goal area). Wonder if it is possible to edit where other players stand? Even if not seems like there is a lot of potential - will keep having a play around to see if I can find some good tweaks. Any idea what 'cpurange' and 'humanrange' is by the way? I tested changing but couldn't notice a change

Just had a go at this and changed the ruck line in 133e40027a22bb07095c5076ce5376b0 (miss pass set move) to <flyHalfOffset x ="-0" z = "-9"> so the fly half is essentially standing just behind the ruck. Wanted to try it out mainly for 'QUICK_SETPLAY_FOUR_CHIP' (triangle, miss 4) as they always seemed to kick straight out to touch before as not enough space or kick when the fly half is standing wide - seems to work better now but they never recollect the ball (sometimes dive on it so potentially useful in 22 to kick into in goal area). Wonder if it is possible to edit where other players stand? Even if not seems like there is a lot of potential - will keep having a play around to see if I can find some good tweaks. Any idea what 'cpurange' and 'humanrange' is by the way? I tested changing but couldn't notice a change
Re: cpurange / humanrange - I initially thought it was number of 'frames', as i'm guessing its an animation file.

Latest posts