• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

TRF 21 Patch

Just had a go at this and changed the ruck line in 133e40027a22bb07095c5076ce5376b0 (miss pass set move) to <flyHalfOffset x ="-0" z = "-9"> so the fly half is essentially standing just behind the ruck. Wanted to try it out mainly for 'QUICK_SETPLAY_FOUR_CHIP' (triangle, miss 4) as they always seemed to kick straight out to touch before as not enough space or kick when the fly half is standing wide - seems to work better now but they never recollect the ball (sometimes dive on it so potentially useful in 22 to kick into in goal area). Wonder if it is possible to edit where other players stand? Even if not seems like there is a lot of potential - will keep having a play around to see if I can find some good tweaks. Any idea what 'cpurange' and 'humanrange' is by the way? I tested changing but couldn't notice a change

Re: cpurange / humanrange - I initially thought it was number of 'frames', as i'm guessing its an animation file.
I think it would this worth exploring in further detail, however, my guess is the game calculates the position assignments of each individual player in relation to their distance to the 10 for each specific play. If it turns out that there isn't an XML file that relates to this, I'm not surprised as the same sequence of players aren't always involved in each set-piece play & assigning such a value would crash the game. However, the game references each additional player in each play, so it should be possible to adjust the player sequence/assignment of each player within a specific play, whether or not you can alter or modify the behaviour of the AI in relation to each set-piece variation, is another issue

Hey @ama1 minor issue here... this background image is not from premiership rugby... also I don't know where all the new boots went... oh there are also some refs with scrum caps can't wait to play Lions tour and Top 14... the game is so good 20210316_140445.jpg

Hey @ama1 minor issue here... this background image is not from premiership rugby... also I don't know where all the new boots went... oh there are also some refs with scrum caps can't wait to play Lions tour and Top 14... the game is so good View attachment 9951
This is exactly what I mentioned previously, I just think the Tournament files could be renamed

Ok, I'll go through the tournaments this weekend. I used peter83's rsg files - so I'll have a look and try and update the names, fixtures.

Hi guys, firstly i would congratulate @ama1 and @peter83 for their fantastic and awesome patches.
*** Secondly i need a help with the ama1 patch, in the window of the game "PLAY NOW", few teams (like la Rochelle, Pau and Lyons) appear in the international section where there are nationalities. The second fault is that in the squad management or in the starting XV don't appear the stars next to the famous players like with the default rosters. The stars compare only upside the head during the game.
If someone could help me i would really thank him. Good evening.

Hi guys, firstly i would congratulate @ama1 and @peter83 for their fantastic and awesome patches.
*** Secondly i need a help with the ama1 patch, in the window of the game "PLAY NOW", few teams (like la Rochelle, Pau and Lyons) appear in the international section where there are nationalities. The second fault is that in the squad management or in the starting XV don't appear the stars next to the famous players like with the default rosters. The stars compare only upside the head during the game.
If someone could help me i would really thank him. Good evening.

I'm fairly new to this but will have a go - as I understand it (from ama1's post) the game expects a total maximum on 71 teams in the following sections: 23 international teams, 30 European club teams, 14 super rugby teams and 4 'representative' teams. More than this and the game starts to consistently crash.

This version of the mod has the following teams/leagues:
  • All 12 Gallagher premiership teams (although Saracens are currently in Championship due to salary breaches and Newcastle is missing from the list - next season there will be 13 prem teams, Saracens/Cornish Pirates/Ealing Trailfinders most likely to go up) - all 12 are found in 'European' section
  • All 12 Pro12 teams (although there will be 16 teams next season with addition of 4 SA super rugby teams)- 11 are found in 'European' section and 1 Connacht is found in 'Representative' section
  • 12 out of 14 Top14 French league teams- the missing ones are Bayonne and Agen (Agen and Castres were last in pro14, Perpignan and Vannes were first in d12) - of these 12 there are 7 in 'European' section, 3 in 'International' section and 2 in 'Representative' section
  • All 5 NZ super rugby teams - all in 'super 14' section
  • All 5 AUS super rugby teams (incl. Western force) - 4 in 'super 14' section, Western force in 'representative' section
  • All 4 SA super rugby teams - all in 'super 14' section (these four will be moving to Pro12/pro16 next season)
  • Cheetahs - in 'super 14' section (were playing in pro14 along with Southern Kings but both removed this year and will be replaced by Bulls/Lions/Stormers/Sharks next year)
  • 20 international teams - pretty much 20 best international teams, the other 3 spots are taken up by the three French clubs Pau, La Rochelle and Lyon (as no space for them in the 30 European club spots)
So as you can see fairly comprehensive list and sticks to the above mentioned 71 team limit (+section specific team limits)

In terms of missing national teams the mains one for me would be:
  • Russia - probably best international team not on the current mod (Georgia, Romania and Russia likely qualify to Europe 1/2/3 spots for RWC23) (in Peter83 version)
  • Hong Kong - Japan qualified so next best in Asia, has a chance to qualify for RWC if beats Samoa/Tonga (big if!)
  • Spain/Portugal/Netherlands/Brazil/Belgium/Germany etc. - sort of best of the rest, don't know much about... (watched a couple of match highlights on 'Rugby Europe' YouTube channel, production values are not the best but it's something) (some of these in Peter83 version)
In terms of missing representative/special teams:
  • British and Irish Lions - would be the key one for me, best quality team that is missing from mod (in Peter83 version)
  • Barbarians - unique team, secondary one for me (in Peter83 version)
  • Māori All Blacks - again pretty unique team (in Peter83 version)
  • World Rugby XV - would love this
  • Northern Hemisphere XV - same
  • Southern Hemisphere XV - same
  • North Island - historic team played again in 2020, great match
  • South Island - same
  • few others such as French barbarians etc.
In terms of missing clubs from the main leagues:
  • Newcastle - current Gallagher prem team (in Peter83 version)
  • Bayonne - current top14 team (in Peter83 version)
  • Agen - current top14 team (no promotion/relegation so again next year) (in Peter83 version)
  • Fiji Drua - potentially in super rugby next year (in Peter83 version)
  • Moana Pasifika - potentially in super rugby next year (in Peter83 version)
  • Sunwolves and Jaguars no longer have funding (slightly worried for Argentinian rugby, big exodus)
In terms of main missing leagues/competitions:
  • Lions Tour (to SA maybe...)
  • Rugby Championship (SANZAAR) - sort of in there already (Tri nations) but no Argentina
  • Japan Top League (JAP) - needs another 16 teams (@Sromero above is working on this and MLR, see few posts above)
  • Major League Rugby (USA) - needs another 12 teams (@Sromero above is working on this and Top league, see few posts above)
  • Mitre 10 (NZ) - needs another 14 teams
  • Currie Cup (SA) - needs another 7 teams
  • National Rugby Championship (AUS) - needs another 8 teams
Basically, as I understand it, to add any of these to the game not only do you have to do the work with the roster, kits, logo etc. but you have to cull a team from one of the current 71 teams available. I'm not sure how to change teams about at the moment so will be sticking with current list for now as its covers vast majority of what I want.

Note the version of the mod by Peter83 has more teams including the British and Irish Lions but has a lot of crashing issues so I'm using ama1's version as it is much more stable despite not having quite as many teams.

By the way none of the work on the mod was by me so just summarising what I understand is and is not in there right now

If I had to do it with these limits and sections I might go:
  • International (x23) - top 20 international teams qualifying to RWC23 + British and Irish Lions + Barbarians + World Rugby XV/Māori All Blacks
  • European (x30) - 12 prem (same as current w/o Newcastle), 8 of the pro12, 10 top14 (w/o Agen, Bayonne, Castres and Pau/Brive)
  • Super 14 (14) - 5 NZ, 5 AUS, 4 SA (w/o Cheetahs)
  • Representative (x4) - the other four pro12 teams (maybe the 4 Irish teams)
Not easy...

On stars I'm not sure how to directly tell who has a star other than go in to a game and I don't know how to assign star players with the specific abilities but I know you can list the star next to a players name but editing their name in Woosahs rugby editor (see other threads) and adding a ^ symbol to the right hand side (e.g. Johnny Sexton^) - not sure if there is a reason why this is not there (i.e. not sure if doing this mucks up anything in the game)

wheres the updated boots , stadium advert boards and zll other graphics for stadiums and field markings ?

I'm fairly new to this but will have a go - as I understand it (from ama1's post) the game expects a total maximum on 71 teams in the following sections: 23 international teams, 30 European club teams, 14 super rugby teams and 4 'representative' teams. More than this and the game starts to consistently crash.

This version of the mod has the following teams/leagues:
  • All 12 Gallagher premiership teams (although Saracens are currently in Championship due to salary breaches and Newcastle is missing from the list - next season there will be 13 prem teams, Saracens/Cornish Pirates/Ealing Trailfinders most likely to go up) - all 12 are found in 'European' section
  • All 12 Pro12 teams (although there will be 16 teams next season with addition of 4 SA super rugby teams)- 11 are found in 'European' section and 1 Connacht is found in 'Representative' section
  • 12 out of 14 Top14 French league teams- the missing ones are Bayonne and Agen (Agen and Castres were last in pro14, Perpignan and Vannes were first in d12) - of these 12 there are 7 in 'European' section, 3 in 'International' section and 2 in 'Representative' section
  • All 5 NZ super rugby teams - all in 'super 14' section
  • All 5 AUS super rugby teams (incl. Western force) - 4 in 'super 14' section, Western force in 'representative' section
  • All 4 SA super rugby teams - all in 'super 14' section (these four will be moving to Pro12/pro16 next season)
  • Cheetahs - in 'super 14' section (were playing in pro14 along with Southern Kings but both removed this year and will be replaced by Bulls/Lions/Stormers/Sharks next year)
  • 20 international teams - pretty much 20 best international teams, the other 3 spots are taken up by the three French clubs Pau, La Rochelle and Lyon (as no space for them in the 30 European club spots)
So as you can see fairly comprehensive list and sticks to the above mentioned 71 team limit (+section specific team limits)

In terms of missing national teams the mains one for me would be:
  • Russia - probably best international team not on the current mod (Georgia, Romania and Russia likely qualify to Europe 1/2/3 spots for RWC23) (in Peter83 version)
  • Hong Kong - Japan qualified so next best in Asia, has a chance to qualify for RWC if beats Samoa/Tonga (big if!)
  • Spain/Portugal/Netherlands/Brazil/Belgium/Germany etc. - sort of best of the rest, don't know much about... (watched a couple of match highlights on 'Rugby Europe' YouTube channel, production values are not the best but it's something) (some of these in Peter83 version)
In terms of missing representative/special teams:
  • British and Irish Lions - would be the key one for me, best quality team that is missing from mod (in Peter83 version)
  • Barbarians - unique team, secondary one for me (in Peter83 version)
  • Māori All Blacks - again pretty unique team (in Peter83 version)
  • World Rugby XV - would love this
  • Northern Hemisphere XV - same
  • Southern Hemisphere XV - same
  • North Island - historic team played again in 2020, great match
  • South Island - same
  • few others such as French barbarians etc.
In terms of missing clubs from the main leagues:
  • Newcastle - current Gallagher prem team (in Peter83 version)
  • Bayonne - current top14 team (in Peter83 version)
  • Agen - current top14 team (no promotion/relegation so again next year) (in Peter83 version)
  • Fiji Drua - potentially in super rugby next year (in Peter83 version)
  • Moana Pasifika - potentially in super rugby next year (in Peter83 version)
  • Sunwolves and Jaguars no longer have funding (slightly worried for Argentinian rugby, big exodus)
In terms of main missing leagues/competitions:
  • Lions Tour (to SA maybe...)
  • Rugby Championship (SANZAAR) - sort of in there already (Tri nations) but no Argentina
  • Japan Top League (JAP) - needs another 16 teams (@Sromero above is working on this and MLR, see few posts above)
  • Major League Rugby (USA) - needs another 12 teams (@Sromero above is working on this and Top league, see few posts above)
  • Mitre 10 (NZ) - needs another 14 teams
  • Currie Cup (SA) - needs another 7 teams
  • National Rugby Championship (AUS) - needs another 8 teams
Basically, as I understand it, to add any of these to the game not only do you have to do the work with the roster, kits, logo etc. but you have to cull a team from one of the current 71 teams available. I'm not sure how to change teams about at the moment so will be sticking with current list for now as its covers vast majority of what I want.

Note the version of the mod by Peter83 has more teams including the British and Irish Lions but has a lot of crashing issues so I'm using ama1's version as it is much more stable despite not having quite as many teams.

By the way none of the work on the mod was by me so just summarising what I understand is and is not in there right now

If I had to do it with these limits and sections I might go:
  • International (x23) - top 20 international teams qualifying to RWC23 + British and Irish Lions + Barbarians + World Rugby XV/Māori All Blacks
  • European (x30) - 12 prem (same as current w/o Newcastle), 8 of the pro12, 10 top14 (w/o Agen, Bayonne, Castres and Pau/Brive)
  • Super 14 (14) - 5 NZ, 5 AUS, 4 SA (w/o Cheetahs)
  • Representative (x4) - the other four pro12 teams (maybe the 4 Irish teams)
Not easy...

On stars I'm not sure how to directly tell who has a star other than go in to a game and I don't know how to assign star players with the specific abilities but I know you can list the star next to a players name but editing their name in Woosahs rugby editor (see other threads) and adding a ^ symbol to the right hand side (e.g. Johnny Sexton^) - not sure if there is a reason why this is not there (i.e. not sure if doing this mucks up anything in the game)
Star ratings are done in two ways....
Add a ^ at the end of the name - so that you can see the star within the menu screens.
The players DBIndex determines the star abilities they possess in-game (i.e; overwrite O'Driscoll with ***** and they will inherit O'Driscolls tackle break & always offload abilities).

Star ratings are done in two ways....
Add a ^ at the end of the name - so that you can see the star within the menu screens.
The players DBIndex determines the star abilities they possess in-game (i.e; overwrite O'Driscoll with ***** and they will inherit O'Driscolls tackle break & always offload abilities).
Thanks for the info. I tried yesterday adding menu stars to all in game star players and had this strange textures issue where the players that I have added a ^ to their name using Woosahs editor seem to have darker arms/legs than face (goes back to normal when I remove the ^)

Here I'll put updates regarding the Rugby 08 2021 roster update that I did.
Im going to keep updates for this mod seperate from peter83's as the mods are not compatible with each other.
Credit for all the graphics should go to peter83, who uploaded them all in his patch.
All I have done is reassign everything to prevent potential crashes within the game.

I'm basically doing everything via trial and error, so will need help to identify any errors or changes that should be made.

I'll keep the latest version of the update here;

Before installing, clear any modded files - as this mod is incompatible with any others.
Why is your patch size so small? What make it different to peter83 patch? Is graphics up to date?

Hi guys I am new on the rugby forum.
I just downloaded the patch for rugby 08 and WOW it is truly amazing.
I would like to say thank you to the people who created this mod for this game you guys are rockstars.
I want to find out if it would be possible if I can help to create future mods for this game.
If yes what programs would I need to mod rugby 08.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Interesting....I extracted all the files from the Rugby 06 data.gob and see that alot of the files have the same names (especially the RFE files).
Why is your patch size so small? What make it different to peter83 patch? Is graphics up to date?
Short answer, the patch only contains the required files, doesn't crash and I used peter83's updated graphics.

Hi guys I am new on the rugby forum.
I just downloaded the patch for rugby 08 and WOW it is truly amazing.
I would like to say thank you to the people who created this mod for this game you guys are rockstars.
I want to find out if it would be possible if I can help to create future mods for this game.
If yes what programs would I need to mod rugby 08.

Any advice would be much appreciated.
Hey bud, awesome to hear you are keen to have a go at modding...we could do with some new background screens and opening videos.

I've put all the basics you need into this modpack

I've added the following tools;

FshEd v0.05 to open files with the file extension .fsh
You can extract the files to .bmp format and then edit them in your preferred photo editing software such as photoshop or GIMP.
If you wish to add transparency layers, you can change the file format from .bmp to .png and add a alpha layer.

For opening .big and .gob files, you need an app called BIGGUI.
This allows you to extract the .fsh files from certain files packed with this format.

To edit rosters, you use the tool Woosahs Ruggamistic Rugby 08 Editor (newer version)

The video files are in .vp6 format and are stored in the Data folder within the main program folder.

.xml, .RFE and .RSG files can be edited in notepad.

.english files I edit using a hex editor.

If you want to edit character models, you will need oedit 0.2a. It doesn't work if you have a 64bit system unless you run a 32bit system

I have added windows process monitor to the pack. You use this program to identify which files load during certain sequences in the game.

So start this program up and go into 'filter'. Select the following criteria;

'Process Name' 'is' 'Rugby08.exe'

'Event Class' 'is' 'File System'.

To narrow it down further, you can specify the file format you are specifically looking for by doing,

'Image Path' 'ends with' '(.fsh / .big / .xml / .rsg / .rfe.....etc).

Hé mon pote, génial d'entendre que tu as envie de faire du modding ... nous pourrions le faire avec de nouveaux écrans d'arrière-plan et des vidéos d'ouverture.

J'ai mis toutes les bases dont vous avez besoin dans ce modpack

[URL unfurl = "true"] https://www.mediafire.com/file/mcj2c8lsj6rn2j8/Mod.rar/file [/ URL]

J'ai ajouté les outils suivants;

FshEd v0.05 pour ouvrir les fichiers avec l'extension de fichier .fsh
Vous pouvez extraire les fichiers au format .bmp, puis les éditer dans votre logiciel de retouche photo préféré tel que Photoshop ou GIMP.
Si vous souhaitez ajouter des couches de transparence, vous pouvez changer le format de fichier de .bmp à .png et ajouter une couche alpha.

Pour ouvrir les fichiers .big et .gob, vous avez besoin d'une application appelée BIGGUI.
Cela vous permet d'extraire les fichiers .fsh de certains fichiers emballés avec ce format.

Pour éditer les listes, vous utilisez l'outil Woosahs Ruggamistic Rugby 08 Editor (version plus récente)

Les fichiers vidéo sont au format .vp6 et sont stockés dans le dossier Data du dossier principal du programme.

Les fichiers .xml, .RFE et .RSG peuvent être modifiés dans le bloc-notes.

Fichiers .english que j'édite à l'aide d'un éditeur hexadécimal.

Si vous souhaitez éditer des modèles de personnages, vous aurez besoin de oedit 0.2a. Cela ne fonctionne pas si vous avez un système 64 bits à moins que vous n'exécutiez un système 32 bits

J'ai ajouté le moniteur de processus Windows au pack. Vous utilisez ce programme pour identifier les fichiers qui se chargent pendant certaines séquences du jeu.

Alors démarrez ce programme et allez dans «filtre». Sélectionnez les critères suivants;

«Nom du processus» est «Rugby08.exe»

«Classe d'événement» est «Système de fichiers».

Pour le restreindre davantage, vous pouvez spécifier le format de fichier que vous recherchez spécifiquement en faisant,

'Chemin de l'image' 'se termine par' '(.fsh / .big / .xml / .rsg / .rfe ..... etc.).
Hi bro, a new patch ?

I've got 3 x teams I can add to the roster.
I don't have the capacity to add new players - as the roster is fairly full, so I might make them rep teams, such as the Lions, Northern & Southern hemisphere all star teams
containing existing players.

Latest posts