• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

TRF 21 Patch

Hi there you all
I've started a World League, went through Div 3 and I am yet to play the last game of Div 2, but the game crashes when I try to start this particular game. Am I the only one this has happened to?

Any updates or new developments happening? Like the new stadium mods and faces being added to the patch.

Any updates or new developments happening? Like the new stadium mods and faces being added to the patch.
I can send through the list complete list of CyberFaces, I just need to compare the Player ID & CyberFace ID's of both MUP09 & TRF10 with MRC 13, to avoid any overwrites.
In terms of updates, ama has made progress with unpacking the animation files.
I've recently determined how to manipulate the Team Chemistry within the game & looking at editing a few kits & logos this week.
In terms of the Stadiums, like with any changes to they need to be relevant. At present the MRC, MUP 17 & the latest patch have both the default stadiums & updated Stadium Graphics.
If we can update the current Stadiums or replace any unused Stadiums, I'm all for it.
We have updated tournaments Rugby Championship, Pacific Nations & Autumn Nations Cup etc
If there is going to be future patch, we should definitely discuss which improvements & features we would like to have included & who can contribute towards achieving this ❤

does anyone know what is the big file of thomond park stadium?

The back of Ireland's RWC kit is either missing or not working in this patch.

I can send through the list complete list of CyberFaces, I just need to compare the Player ID & CyberFace ID's of both MUP09 & TRF10 with MRC 13, to avoid any overwrites.
In terms of updates, ama has made progress with unpacking the animation files.
I've recently determined how to manipulate the Team Chemistry within the game & looking at editing a few kits & logos this week.
In terms of the Stadiums, like with any changes to they need to be relevant. At present the MRC, MUP 17 & the latest patch have both the default stadiums & updated Stadium Graphics.
If we can update the current Stadiums or replace any unused Stadiums, I'm all for it.
We have updated tournaments Rugby Championship, Pacific Nations & Autumn Nations Cup etc
If there is going to be future patch, we should definitely discuss which improvements & features we would like to have included & who can contribute towards achieving this ❤
Agree with this - we're still working through them but wondering whether at some point we want to coordinate on getting the new faces, stadiums, graphics etc. that we have available into a new patch. We currently have nearly 50 faces from the face builder method and I think there is maybe 10 new/replaced stadiums.

Would need to do testing and make sure all modes work without any issues but potentially could have a patch version 2 with patch notes on what is added in/changed/replaced and what is planned for next patch

Also what are the cyberfaces? Are they previous work from face builders? - wondering if there is any past work available to add in for players that are still currently playing (in current roster)

Animations and team chemistry both sound interesting

Im eagerly awaiting the next update. It will a breakthrough patch with alot of new features

hola buenas tardes a todos .... alguno sabe como solucionar el problema que te echa del juego cuando termina un partido ?? desde ya muchas gracias

Agree with this - we're still working through them but wondering whether at some point we want to coordinate on getting the new faces, stadiums, graphics etc. that we have available into a new patch. We currently have nearly 50 faces from the face builder method and I think there is maybe 10 new/replaced stadiums.

Would need to do testing and make sure all modes work without any issues but potentially could have a patch version 2 with patch notes on what is added in/changed/replaced and what is planned for next patch

Also what are the cyberfaces? Are they previous work from face builders? - wondering if there is any past work available to add in for players that are still currently playing (in current roster)

Animations and team chemistry both sound interesting
EK has been filling me in on you guys progress so far & I have to admit the faces been produced are thr most realistic I've seen.

There's over a 1000 CyberFaces within the old patches, however we're limited to which Faces can be referenced within the data.gob.
The old patch team managed to find out a way to assign every PlayerID within the game a unique CyberFaceID. KiwiChef managed to locate a thread which lists the CyberFace IDs replaced by Kazebon & uli85, however I'll need to determine what the other ones are.

I had previously been ProcMon which the Patch Team used to source all the PlayerID & CyberFace Ids within the game. ama has advised what parameters need to be set, so this can be executed but it will take time to collate the database.

I've since managed to locate three unused StringIDs within the game,which were included in the PS2 section of the game.
I'm open to these been used to assign either more teams, but my preference would be Stadiums preferably for either Pasfika Teams or more European Clubs.

So far I've been able to achieve 90-100% Team Chemistry, on every team I've modified, however the Teams Performance Rating & Player Ratings are still the determining factor. A stacked team will benefit more from the various attribute boosts, than a team with underperforming players.

If anyone has the filenames let me know, I've reached out to a few OG modders involved in the TRF10 Patch, but not expecting a reply.

EK has been filling me in on you guys progress so far & I have to admit the faces been produced are thr most realistic I've seen.

There's over a 1000 CyberFaces within the old patches, however we're limited to which Faces can be referenced within the data.gob.
The old patch team managed to find out a way to assign every PlayerID within the game a unique CyberFaceID. KiwiChef managed to locate a thread which lists the CyberFace IDs replaced by Kazebon & uli85, however I'll need to determine what the other ones are.

I had previously been ProcMon which the Patch Team used to source all the PlayerID & CyberFace Ids within the game. ama has advised what parameters need to be set, so this can be executed but it will take time to collate the database.

I've since managed to locate three unused StringIDs within the game,which were included in the PS2 section of the game.
I'm open to these been used to assign either more teams, but my preference would be Stadiums preferably for either Pasfika Teams or more European Clubs.

So far I've been able to achieve 90-100% Team Chemistry, on every team I've modified, however the Teams Performance Rating & Player Ratings are still the determining factor. A stacked team will benefit more from the various attribute boosts, than a team with underperforming players.

If anyone has the filenames let me know, I've reached out to a few OG modders involved in the TRF10 Patch, but not expecting a reply.
Ah sounds like a bit of a goldmine - that must have been a huge amount of work so shame it is tricky to access.

For the stringIDs which patch version are you using? I don't have Moana pasifika I Fiji drua on the version I'm using currently so wont have the full super rugby sides for next season (also don't have Newcastle in English prem and a couple French top14 teams). I know peter83s patch version has this team but I came across a number of crashing issues so have been using ama1s version with slightly reduced teams and tournaments since as it hasn't had any crashes. Also do we know where the Pasfika teams will be playing? Last I heard was moana potentially playing some home games at Mount Smart stadium but that might be out of date info.

Might be worth us listing all the teams we have, all their home stadiums and whether they are (1) in game (2) already created by our modders (3) missing. Then can probably figure out the biggest omissions

I might make a thread with an open Google doc on first post where we can keep track of progress/updates on teams, players, stadiums etc. in current and upcoming patches

Ah sounds like a bit of a goldmine - that must have been a huge amount of work so shame it is tricky to access.

For the stringIDs which patch version are you using? I don't have Moana pasifika I Fiji drua on the version I'm using currently so wont have the full super rugby sides for next season (also don't have Newcastle in English prem and a couple French top14 teams). I know peter83s patch version has this team but I came across a number of crashing issues so have been using ama1s version with slightly reduced teams and tournaments since as it hasn't had any crashes. Also do we know where the Pasfika teams will be playing? Last I heard was moana potentially playing some home games at Mount Smart stadium but that might be out of date info.

Might be worth us listing all the teams we have, all their home stadiums and whether they are (1) in game (2) already created by our modders (3) missing. Then can probably figure out the biggest omissions

I might make a thread with an open Google doc on first post where we can keep track of progress/updates on teams, players, stadiums etc. in current and upcoming patches
Quick update on this - I've started work on a google doc to summarise patch notes, completed work and outstanding/upcoming. I've also started a spreadsheet where I have listed all the teams currently in Peter83's patch (83 total) and ama1's patch (74 total). I've added a column for which league they play, which patch they are in and the actual stadium used by that team. Need to finish field showing the current stadium used in rugby 08 (including the new ones delta/jim have created).

There looks to be 59 stadium slots (5 AUS, 13 ENG, 13 FRA etc.). At first look there appears to be at least 8 stadiums that overlap (club team + international/special team both use) so out of the 74 teams in ama1's patch we would be roughly 7 stadiums spaces short. May have to be creative on those.

In terms of some initial missing stadiums - Sandy Park (Exeter), Brentford Community Stadium (London Irish), AJ Bell Stadium (Sale Sharks), StoneX Stadium (Saracens), AAMI Park (Rebels) etc. I still need to go through all of them and also look at which stadiums are very outdated though. Appreciate it appears to be a lot of work to create a new stadium so might be worth trying to find which stadiums are very similar + prioritising the more important ones.

Will continue on this but for this eve I've go a couple hours on a train so will work on getting some more custom faces done to complete the Lions starting XV for tomorrow (Bundee Aki and Connor Murray faces done, Jack Conan and Rory Sutherland to do) plus 2 or 3 Japanese players (Leitch, Himeno etc.)

One question I had - is it possible to change the names of the stadiums in the selection menu?

Yes, you can do that in the .english file.
Just make sure the stadium name you are replacing corresponds with the 119ba....xml file.

Quick update on this - I've started work on a google doc to summarise patch notes, completed work and outstanding/upcoming. I've also started a spreadsheet where I have listed all the teams currently in Peter83's patch (83 total) and ama1's patch (74 total). I've added a column for which league they play, which patch they are in and the actual stadium used by that team. Need to finish field showing the current stadium used in rugby 08 (including the new ones delta/jim have created).

There looks to be 59 stadium slots (5 AUS, 13 ENG, 13 FRA etc.). At first look there appears to be at least 8 stadiums that overlap (club team + international/special team both use) so out of the 74 teams in ama1's patch we would be roughly 7 stadiums spaces short. May have to be creative on those.

In terms of some initial missing stadiums - Sandy Park (Exeter), Brentford Community Stadium (London Irish), AJ Bell Stadium (Sale Sharks), StoneX Stadium (Saracens), AAMI Park (Rebels) etc. I still need to go through all of them and also look at which stadiums are very outdated though. Appreciate it appears to be a lot of work to create a new stadium so might be worth trying to find which stadiums are very similar + prioritising the more important ones.

Will continue on this but for this eve I've go a couple hours on a train so will work on getting some more custom faces done to complete the Lions starting XV for tomorrow (Bundee Aki and Connor Murray faces done, Jack Conan and Rory Sutherland to do) plus 2 or 3 Japanese players (Leitch, Himeno etc.)

One question I had - is it possible to change the names of the stadiums in the selection menu?
Apologies for not replying sooner,
I'll reply back in more detail when I have time, been busy finalising my Home Office :p haha
You can change the Stadiums List in the .xml, as well as the Stadium Names in the dc.english file.
I've been able to migrate three stadiums from earlier patches by using the PS2 String ID's.
IF I have a time, I might be able to make a start on collating the CyberFaces sometime early next week.

Apologies for not replying sooner,
I'll reply back in more detail when I have time, been busy finalising my Home Office :p haha
You can change the Stadiums List in the .xml, as well as the Stadium Names in the dc.english file.
I've been able to migrate three stadiums from earlier patches by using the PS2 String ID's.
IF I have a time, I might be able to make a start on collating the CyberFaces sometime early next week.
Nice - hope the home office goes well! Stadiums and cyberfaces sound great. I'm going to be spending some time soon improving the method for producing my custom faces - jim546 on the forum has posted a tutorial on improving the assignment/rigging of facial animations and the neck which, if I figure it all out, will hopefully make the customs faces a lot cleaner looking. Also have a few touch ups to do on players with missing texture patches or odd looking hair etc. and plenty more players to add.

I've had a quick look into the english file and the xml files and think I know what I need to edit. Realised I need to use hex editor to edit and I had one that has expired it's trial so will get another and have a go at this soon as it would be great to have the real stadium names and reassign/move around some stadiums to make best use of the new custom stadiums that are available.

By the way I've made a google sheets doc listing current teams and their stadiums - I posted it on the stadiums thread so hopefully it will be useful to keep track of new stadiums especially when a new patch update comes around

I've got three more questions of things I'm curious about:

1) How do you change the background images on the menu screen? I really like the updated images but they come up a but pixelated for me - wonder if it is the custom screen resolution edit that I have on my profile but I wanted to have a play around to see if I could get a image looking a bit clearer. Also the same for changing the starting video - how do you change it/which file? Was wondering whether we could change to highlights of RWC19 or similar for now maybe. I think I understand how to change music but haven't had a go.

2) It might just be a strange bugbear for me but I don't like how the game adds +5 rating for star players and +1 for attributes to get the overall rating. I would prefer if those improve the player but not actually impact the overall rating - basically I'm after ratings closer to FIFA and I think that would be easier to compare between players without these additional rating boosts. I was wondering if anyone has ever looked into/managed to figure out which files relate to how player ratings are calculated? Also aware the player rating is just a average of two/three relevant stats and doesn't take the rest into account

3) How would you go about adding in a team and assigning them a squad outside of woosahs? Say I want to add in more team's like in peter83s patch (one version with many teams, the other with working WL - both updated rosters etc.). I know you need to activate the team in be29 file and add in all the relevant big and fsh files but then how would I assign players to that team if I can't access it via Woosah's?

Nice - hope the home office goes well! Stadiums and cyberfaces sound great. I'm going to be spending some time soon improving the method for producing my custom faces - jim546 on the forum has posted a tutorial on improving the assignment/rigging of facial animations and the neck which, if I figure it all out, will hopefully make the customs faces a lot cleaner looking. Also have a few touch ups to do on players with missing texture patches or odd looking hair etc. and plenty more players to add.

I've had a quick look into the english file and the xml files and think I know what I need to edit. Realised I need to use hex editor to edit and I had one that has expired it's trial so will get another and have a go at this soon as it would be great to have the real stadium names and reassign/move around some stadiums to make best use of the new custom stadiums that are available.

By the way I've made a google sheets doc listing current teams and their stadiums - I posted it on the stadiums thread so hopefully it will be useful to keep track of new stadiums especially when a new patch update comes around

1) How do you change the background images on the menu screen? I really like the updated images but they come up a but pixelated for me - wonder if it is the custom screen resolution edit that I have on my profile but I wanted to have a play around to see if I could get a image looking a bit clearer. Also the same for changing the starting video - how do you change it/which file? Was wondering whether we could change to highlights of RWC19 or similar for now maybe. I think I understand how to change music but haven't had a go.

2) It might just be a strange bugbear for me but I don't like how the game adds +5 rating for star players and +1 for attributes to get the overall rating. I would prefer if those improve the player but not actually impact the overall rating - basically I'm after ratings closer to FIFA and I think that would be easier to compare between players without these additional rating boosts. I was wondering if anyone has ever looked into/managed to figure out which files relate to how player ratings are calculated? Also aware the player rating is just a average of two/three relevant stats and doesn't take the rest into account

3) How would you go about adding in a team and assigning them a squad outside of woosahs? Say I want to add in more team's like in peter83s patch (one version with many teams, the other with working WL - both updated rosters etc.). I know you need to activate the team in be29 file and add in all the relevant big and fsh files but then how would I assign players to that team if I can't access it via Woosah's?
hey bro I stopped making cyberfaces because I don't have a license... in argentina is very difficult and expensive to buy that sort of stuff online... do I need some special tool to design stadiums?? If you upload a video tutorial I would love to give it a go. I would really like to include Amalfitani stadium (pumas home ground)

To mod the background images, you need a decent image that is 896(W) x 512(H) in .png format.

Once you have the image, you will need to split the image up into 3 sections (from left to right)
1.) 512(W) x 512(H)
2.) 256(W) x 512(H)
3.) 128(W) x 512(H)

The background screens are as follows.
Keep in mind, specific screens load for specific tournaments - so you will need a super rugby screen for super rugby...etc.

d92963913f9ce4ca1187be0b607014a3.fsh All Blacks
cd00c4ce31883f3bacdf262435dbb8df.fsh All Blacks
d94fcd3ee1638cc5ecad2d323c20f421.fsh All Blacks
d3e46a022149c07d23ba54110f905aa7.fsh Aussies
6cb946f081316b1ba94634d4a9698d88.fsh Aussies
ec82b0810cbb11722e4c71b551ce9246.fsh Aussies
bc4b583975ab06e3dbc2ac1430fca6ad.fsh South Africa
25c29c5cf9781a954e29fa3ea3f4f404.fsh South Africa
1c92e13617beacc389919ec8f968fd75.fsh South Africa
bedfff565e00f5b0d9518dcd58840b60.fsh South Africa
c203c589888c89c45e60839d712cac15.fsh Argentina
f5af1e87d844e8a39eff8e1992bb7007.fsh Argentina
47bfcb902dd06811726654a58e2edd4d.fsh Argentina
2d048090fe5c42754ac4f399c0cd229b.fsh All Blacks
5ecbc49df223d2b8e3f4b574d434e017.fsh All Blacks
aaa1d73a5cebbe002c7ab12c7428cc44.fsh All Blacks
454c93926f4a0e71075777a2833d1e80.fsh Green
7e219e476eff6794650def2e3c4dd3ce.fsh Green
e93f9afa2b333ec3d9db4c9ecc71d6d7.fsh Green
5e61f7d5fd9c39c90dd62eea07a47f49.fsh Blue
f79e248a059aab9e300bc7599697aaa0.fsh Blue
efe7525affdeca13a9fb3576b3849323.fsh Blue
bcc4189509d793bcaa5f3c482d3ace5f.fsh New Zealand
87b876a9018351e0a7cc6eaa882cc70e.fsh New Zealand
646090c846fce1475d47948137f6ff78.fsh New Zealand
bb19c57426bd3f7ccea1556750a8bbf5.fsh Aussies
fe9e1c1c508707c61bf7c43eb4a0282e.fsh Aussies
1016580890c59ce8dd0e51ca4861bfd9.fsh Aussies
6a25f0a281549078e95c8472990487a3.fsh Aussies
3d4450cd66dc220daeefdc982152953c.fsh Aussies
c3e851a8f1f058e11f09c21fe31d971e.fsh Aussies
32efd4b65a4238bd44bb245c971ca07b.fsh New Zealand
3479b6da43cf763c51f08dbe48d53d69.fsh New Zealand
da43e83b469707a2c094be7d6f7d3b09.fsh New Zealand
80deda2ea6077169801a2e29e7d45858.fsh Aussies
990afe189a863ec65cc055c217a9ece6.fsh Aussies
99af4b7845aa4ef3fb6ad7000308fe5a.fsh Aussies
0fc95f7a3b6b49def807013cb4873f11.fsh England
aec3933d9a2cbcbd307f7813b6bb4aea.fsh England
59c6213df55949cadff86f4e2c079bc4.fsh England
1edb05c3c7d3444dbd3430bf47446f7b.fsh
731bdeb2084fc5205069ee70fb40a24c.fsh
1e33cf3b7a650ad07d9bbfd5e0ed5a79.fsh
b52dcbb0bbd0edc5a393c8c73d2b38de.fsh
414e440343f2476892e439e8d4eb3d79.fsh
8a0d90449fab32ccbf228e90af521a0b.fsh
b5e04532e4adc5ac204f112c60d462d8.fsh
d41b8ca1bea3c2ac738e517a04eadaa9.fsh
81020a0aaba2a53842441219e5070999.fsh
a2a2802d339bbefefd6ca85f18000304.fsh
dc3b219049a19996d5784a2b16fc0493.fsh
931876c7fdaf0c4923f6200be68ed3d4.fsh
1da6337ffd7448620b73a1ce02ee3b52.fsh
a4486f1553ad0741a0f27c554608a199.fsh
3ebd9cee8ae65949f8e3d46ba0e6b711.fsh
8abb2e8dc3d72da2c217d295035f472e.fsh
f811f06516835238e4388a63392432c4.fsh
49e1a54766c889d71cbf088bab4eedec.fsh
e18696af0ce044a103bde62c9a79d61a.fsh
af0256bdeb1e2b6d627ac2d5f828f5fa.fsh
22870a5f92b76c3ebe721d8ad99a3539.fsh
af1a79123f7877dacf1dc78811a27137.fsh
719e0f6b28d33cf891dc5f36eba67e0d.fsh
0dc320875f005785273eb4580be44413.fsh
2296f4a556ad177f674f0556b64a1dcc.fsh
51bbcc46ad06a3d7612a873b0d4fe3c8.fsh
d4d3c4a13e7a722ccbde402261e0889b.fsh
663db21cd55db3a5124592cd434667a5.fsh
0fb7092efc96c6f687a7238731b05171.fsh
7dc0383073a710d857a5ef922fba4879.fsh
89ae0f2a863501f0adfe4645997ff516.fsh
6c9c0898a1a4d8aaf87e2062d7a4043d.fsh
03b77a05a14b91d22e00c5926b5eeb1e.fsh
24ceaace60255ab07bf16cca431c966b.fsh
c5bc7ff8833732d5bca4b332b8091fc2.fsh
8de4a626f500b21db50f2be83b1b2332.fsh
88e8360a060b4eb380b9baacf68a4034.fsh
4bf3d0e7c4402acf4deee2d7e4168d96.fsh
d1aa61985a83bbb36fcb1cdc3d8d9bd3.fsh
96f6bf1b3c96dccdce35029a5cb08853.fsh
4e88b047de6b9740e9dfe5a5519f7692.fsh
ae7778ee178f3145d83efd5555d318d1.fsh
aae65eacc83615d4003cd9396f7735bc.fsh
2742993a224455f697d3eeaf2a0f81c4.fsh
0c96704433020fd927fac6e95fd34039.fsh
f881156c0458c4241189c655fda073c2.fsh
a017adafc819e60fb549c3bdf55b9315.fsh
28134badc7f34d51f0767fcddf3883ef.fsh
a1dc2da3135e6279a3d5c84461360f38.fsh
27e4db07cb513b1cbb4c71112275ee1b.fsh
6b7a8243e093d8191b0824b1e4730c9d.fsh
fbfb887e30a33caa1ab9c315dd4cfada.fsh
ef4d10402738c52f6340b7ea96b30b87.fsh
5fe89071cedde57b92c71f698fc72385.fsh
37bdc20111d0a947840f3edbdf3807d0.fsh
0e964caa97cc2837a6336a94f8d91b34.fsh Quins
3a3d2b61926a1f8c9b6b3dc6f3799669.fsh
d8d1fe4acda9b0379d35394ca1a96b8c.fsh
59c4a08c6ebb8f8e928759fd79c9f005.fsh
5c042e3e43ae23abfc376efcad2fd07b.fsh
5f4fb92639b1580160ee9eab656c0493.fsh
82eb562ce5e87d0976a50e863485c6f7.fsh
9a0bfeb4fa7319d4e7daaed9f97ad339.fsh
02406ea18acb54949938433e41333ace.fsh
26680239e66739a87c5c88b786aec4ce.fsh
7d59c3962695afad18aeacda6a4aa60f.fsh
61ec3e3188b0509bd02f1bcf785005d9.fsh
fda8f844a995f50d256ffd4336e04507.fsh
cddfa9a6675abfe28a1049f86f841770.fsh
95a89f866c211a64931e82a569709a3e.fsh
89e8bbe6882e1855b49f8b775794f2bb.fsh
8f69b8e1e4baf02b5f650a54b8ba0129.fsh
3f321f817450a3cf1e9971836b02f601.fsh
6d2770f0d2e72e7177ca7ee5871ddb10.fsh
4832ce5ab72de5e221d079ede3f2e0b9.fsh
b128c2c03a5667f41345f6a112c7465f.fsh
702caa2f748b2f694b4be0646257907e.fsh
ea280abe24d9b70bdc39e3b7b423c9df.fsh
cf50bfc9a9af4c2def350f3246e1caa3.fsh
033ec6515c2caf551d9eb225981fa442.fsh
25610f2e525b7f84d39514721bacb95c.fsh
93df59524c63291144aa5363bfbca817.fsh
77d43ff2cb6dc429364f9aac754df994.fsh
aafef0c0226b92b0b7518320d811ccab.fsh

The main loading screen is: 341cf61cb6f2f38262f7203d0d3bde7b.fsh

There is the odd image in there which is split into 6 pieces. Sorry I cant remember which ones, but I have extracted the original GOB file and used those as my reference. The other way to identify screens is to use process monitor and set the filters to 'process name' 'is' 'Rugby08' and 'path' 'ends with' '.fsh'.
You can also add another filter to include .big and another one for .xml files, depending on what file you are trying to trace.

Last edited:
JPilky, I totally agree with you on the ratings.
I did all the roster stats via excel, comparing and rating player stats only to find that it adds +5 or +3 according to the attribute and players position.
I see that within these files, which lists requirements for certain positions to increase chemistry (affects the team momentum bar).
Haven't been able to prove this though.

e74247ee7c0b1c728e760548e4344da9.xml
and
67f02aaadec608b128f11c74a6be8196.xml

Latest posts