• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

TRF Custom Face Design Tracker

Found an easier way to do vertex group assignments, using weights in Blender, the second half of this video is the most relevant:

For custom models I've got it to work by putting your new head onto the skeleton with empty weights then copy into the scene a head that already has assignments. Click on this head then shift-click your new one, then follow the video tutorial above, go to weight paint mode and press weights - transfer weights and select either "by name" or "by order" for "source layers" in the next sub-menu.

You can now delete the old head from the scene. If everything has copied properly, the vertexes that are assigned in a group should show as red sections on the head in weight paint mode.

Unfortunately you will need to clean up the groups following this method. In weight paint mode click weights and select "clean" then increase the clean threshold above 0.00 to remove errors in the assignments. This whole process should speed things up but it's not the cleanest method.

If you know how to write scripts for Blender,
and if all your models use the same UV layout,
you can write a script which will assign specific vertex weights for specific vertexes by their UVs.
Check what "Force LOD" is set to under the display options in your game. I've just replicated your errors by changing it to "Off". Switching LOD to "High" seems to fix it.

I think it's because the custom textures don't have any mipmaps with them. When you switch to low LOD the game sees the large base texture for the head and tries to load a lower res version instead, which it can't find hence the "no texture" error you get.
most probably the game shows a different head model (really low-poly) on a distance, which uses a different UV layout.

Is anyone here able to edit 73cb.. .rdf, the file that controls rosters for the World League? It turns out Woosah's editor CAN take any input values for head/face assignment, so I was thinking of reassigning the already created heads to a new range, basically start from 1 and work up.

I can easily reassign the roster using Woosah's editor and I can rename all the existing heads, but I can't edit the rdf. ama1 has created a tutorial here, unfortunately I don't have Excel: https://www.therugbyforum.com/threads/rugby-08-roster-hex-editing.47582/

Also, what is the best roster to use? I'm currently using the files from ama1's 22 mod but I know someone else uploaded another one with some tweaks to SA players.

Edit: Actually some numbers not working, will need to look into a bit more.

Last edited:
New roster as in updated squads?
Guys I struggle to get right faces in right countries or clubs I normally put it in my main folder but where do I put this roster update matching with heads because my 125 heads are stil the same did I did something wrong..?

Download the link above, jim546 has reassigned all faces and included the faces and roster.

Download the link above, jim546 has reassigned all faces and included the faces and roster.
I did download it still shows the wrong heads on different people but where do I install the roster that comes with it because I think that is the problem.

In your documents folder should be a folder ea sports rugby 08
also must I delete the 22 roster in game and replace with this heads roster in my documents folder should there be only 1 roster neh.

if you want the correct face's assigned, then yes only one roster

also must I delete the 22 roster in game and replace with this heads roster in my documents folder should there be only 1 roster neh.
If you can't get the included roster to work, the alternative is to edit your existing roster using Woosah's roster editor. I included a spreadsheet in the download with the player name and an index, the index is the player's new head/face number.

For example, Maro Itoje is number 2 in the new index. Search "Itoje" in the editor, then type "2" in the face box and press save.

editor.png

If you can't get the included roster to work, the alternative is to edit your existing roster using Woosah's roster editor. I included a spreadsheet in the download with the player name and an index, the index is the player's new head/face number.

For example, Maro Itoje is number 2 in the new index. Search "Itoje" in the editor, then type "2" in the face box and press save.

View attachment 15294
Where can I get this? Damian Willemse face is wrong and I want to change it. I have an old editor. The teams and faces are wrong/old in it. It doesn't display the new faces and teams

Where can I get this? Damian Willemse face is wrong and I want to change it. I have an old editor. The teams and faces are wrong/old in it. It doesn't display the new faces and teams
Anyone created this one

Anyone created this one
Yes I got the file but when I open it in the editor it doesn't show the right face number. So is there something wrong with my editor?

Looks like Willemse is here: https://www.therugbyforum.com/threads/en9nes-faces.47658/page-5#post-1068203. I didn't include him as I wasn't aware he'd been made. I have a number of reserved heads on my list that I never got around to and he is on it as number 151.

Download the linked file, change its name to 6f46f4391b4c3848cb0ab7e15179b3e8.big and change Willemse's head number to 151 in the roster editor, this should work.

There's a lot of players in red on my excel sheet that aren't included, mostly because I never got around to testing them:

Untitled.png

I was planning on coming back to this in the future and assigning the remaining heads and linking the new stadiums to the correct teams, which is possible but it's finicky. I'm doing other stuff with new stadiums at the moment. If anyone else wants to match up the player heads feel fee to do so I've attached my lists.

Attachments

• Facebuilder New Assignments.zip
    277.7 KB · Views: 17