• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

TRF EA Rugby '06 NZ Tournament

Not this year, maybe Sanzar would need to organise that one. Who knows, if we do this and do it well, then EA New Zealand may sponsor us next year.

Also guys, we need to have a "plate" (read smaller cup) compo for those knocked out, as it will be a less exciting weekend for those people not in the finals.

A 2 on 2 leftover comp sounds good, its a fun way to play, the moves are endless. Should we get a wooden spoon aswell? If so, might as well put my name on it right away.

If it went well and EA found out, wouldnt they try to shut it down? Or is it ok as long as we dont involve money or call it the official EA sports tourny (just TRF rugby comp or something)

Originally posted by CeeJay@May 18 2006, 06:15 PM
A 2 on 2 leftover comp sounds good, its a fun way to play, the moves are endless. Should we get a wooden spoon aswell? If so, might as well put my name on it right away.

If it went well and EA found out, wouldnt they try to shut it down? Or is it ok as long as we dont involve money or call it the official EA sports tourny (just TRF rugby comp or something)

I would like to think that as long as we were calling the competition a TRF one, and no one was winning any prizes of financial value, that EA would regard it as great PR for their game.

my flatmate isnt keen on playing, says he doesnt want to lose
saying he doesnt like sports games

he did buy rugby league 2 and only played a handful of games. (1 or 2)

would be good if he would play but oh well, he might change his mind when everyone is here having a great time without him

I'm sure it's going to be bloody great, and with so much time to save up, I'm going to have an awesome time in Wellington. Those who don't come along and could have, will have no reason to ***** when we all say we're the best at it. :D

Any who might be sitting on the fence should really think about it, as by sounds of things it'll be an awesome Saturday night after the Cup final! :bana:

Originally posted by kinkon89@May 18 2006, 09:47 PM
whose house is it at?

It's going to be at Woosaah's house, unless there are so many people we can hire a small hall for two days. Even then the bbq and "quiet drinks" will all be at Woosaahs house.

Only hope he can host a bbq like Homer Simpson.

As long as no annoying little pre-teen eco-friendlies show up with tomato soup....

Originally posted by kaftka@May 18 2006, 10:00 PM
You got arms. You can swim.
i'm not aerodynamically fit for long distance swimming...
can you lend me a boat? oh n no weapons please... dont want the american to think i'm a terorist... :ph34r:

how does homes bbqs go? i have a very small yard so just about everything will have to be indoors (except for the bbq)

sounds like it will be a great weekend for all involved

Originally posted by allblacksfreak@May 18 2006, 10:25 PM

I don't think you need to be able to fly to be able to swim... I'll double check anyway...

Originally posted by kaftka+May 18 2006, 11:22 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-allblacksfreak
@May 18 2006, 10:25 PM

I don't think you need to be able to fly to be able to swim... I'll double check anyway... [/b]
maybe not, but I causes big Tsunamis when I swim...

Originally posted by C A Iversen+May 18 2006, 06:20 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-CeeJay
@May 18 2006, 06:15 PM

I would like to think that as long as we were calling the competition a TRF one, and no one was winning any prizes of financial value, that EA would regard it as great PR for their game. [/b]
Yep....that is correct.....under TRf banner we cannot be touched...cept by St Helens and co....but he wouldn't cos he's engaged :lol:

Well C.A.I I am definitely in......

Latest posts