• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

TRF EA Rugby '06 NZ Tournament

I think pools and then knockout will be a good format, as round robin may take a lot longer than we have.

Top 2 from a pool progress, bottom two go into the Div 2 Competition.

The very worst players will play off in a "reverse final" and as a trophy there'll be a wooden spoon with the words "I love Los Lover" or some similar insult on it.

What d'ya think?

Originally posted by woosaah@May 19 2006, 03:31 PM
depends on if you want to go into wellington town or lower hutt, not much in lwer hutt, but the train is about 5 mins walk from my place (more if you are ******)
A little birdie tells me The Exchange is worth visiting in Lower Hutt... and to take our pick in W town...

Originally posted by dobrien7+May 19 2006, 04:16 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-woosaah
@May 19 2006, 03:31 PM
depends on if you want to go into wellington town or lower hutt, not much in lwer hutt, but the train is about 5 mins walk from my place (more if you are ******)
A little birdie tells me The Exchange is worth visiting in Lower Hutt... and to take our pick in W town... [/b]

Stop talking to birds man, you think your a goddamn Dr Dolittle sometimes!!! :rahh:

Although I must say, I was bloody glad to hear you can buy Kava in Wellington though!!! :bravo:

The Winner of the National NZ tournament, plays Mario

The Winner of that match plays the Winner of National England

The Winner of that match plays Andrew Wilson

And the Winner of that goes into the World Grand Final and plays ak47 :p :p :p

Bloody neighbouring turds :p

Wellington is the place to be

Got TRF tourny and Tahs tonight.....................bloody hell.......prolly can get some KAVA there too :wall:

I'm game... I can bring my controllers... Can't bring Xbox though as thats broken and isn't likely to get fixed any time soon... Soon meaning within the next year or so... ;)

Originally posted by kaftka@May 20 2006, 01:33 AM
I'm game... I can bring my controllers... Can't bring Xbox though as thats broken and isn't likely to get fixed any time soon... Soon meaning within the next year or so... ;)
WOOOHOOOOO!

Good to see you wanna come Kaftka! With you on board this brings in officialdom. You can resolve disputes as most of them will be upset when I win every match!!!!

No need to bring your xbox Kaf.....I can bring my brother in laws....

I don't know if the 29 inch would be worth playing as we really need widescreen mode to be able to judge certain things....projectors play widescreen so the two projectors would be great.

I may see if I can bring 2 projectors....if I can convine another colleague to let me use theirs.....

Is there any real difference playing through a projector, as am used to the old 29" or 32" widescreen...

Originally posted by dobrien7@May 20 2006, 05:30 PM
Is there any real difference playing through a projector, as am used to the old 29" or 32" widescreen...
A projector does not have the picture quality as a tube, lcd, or plasma tv does.

...but it does have

a) a bigger screen
B) widescreen mode
c) portability (be a killer dragging my 32 inch down

....it really is the widescreen mode on side view that is significant.....yo can see th fullback coming and can prepare your strategy to beat him. Also widescreen mode lets you see your sweeper when playing sweeper defence.

Haha ok cool, point taken. So in theory our sense of timing of just knowing where fullback is and when he'll appear, will just be enhanced by actually seeing him, nice. Although being able to see sweeping defensive player chosen will help :)

we only need one more projector as i have mine. i will need to get another sheet to put up as i am not allowed to put up my screen. i only have my screen up sometimes.

the other tv would just be for random games of other stuff, as its not coming out of the lounge (to much to carry up stairs, will have to take my pc up to make some room

Lower Hutt?

Great...thats where I will be staying I think when I come....some relatives around there.

Latest posts