• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

TRF EA Rugby '06 NZ Tournament

he he i lived in taita and naenae for about 4 months while playing rugby for the nz u21 maori sports academy in 99.

we were sponsored by the rvr bar so we got lots of cheap ****, it was good for me coz i was 16. i think the fish n chip shop next to it was called trinhys? used to get half a battered chicken at like 2 in the morning, f***in brilliant

real?

cool i have no idea what the fish n chip place is dont even think i have been in taita yet :)

9 so far, can we make double figures

and my sheet ends up being more that 120" (which is the size of my screen)

cant cough at that :p

Get saving guys for your travel. I'm at $80 now. To fly to Wellington and back it's going to cost me and dobrien7 approx $350 return. We have time on our side though.

I'm thinking of running a couple of small raffles at work to raise some dosh. Usually the whole trip would be no big deal, but buying baby stuff is where most of my spare cash will be going.

I'm keen to make sure I have enough to be able to spend a bit up there too.

I forgot to mention their is no chance of me going to Wellinghton, but if I can i will play an internet match with you

Originally posted by Cymro@May 22 2006, 10:20 AM
I forgot to mention their is no chance of me going to Wellinghton, but if I can i will play an internet match with you

Would be great Cymro, mate. There's no online play for the consoles that'll be competed on though.

Hopefully this kind of thing will be something that will grow and maybe be held in Australia, England, South Africa and Wales etc, so then you'll have the opportunity to be there.

Maybe online play will come along next year, but I still think there'll be room for events like this, where you get to meet other rugby gamers in person.

I hope that we may be starting the first of something annual, and maybe held in each rugby country, who knows. Lets just see how this one goes.

Thanks for your interest though.

yeah who knows, maybe next year it could be in southland...

anything to do down there?

Whats not to do? Also, it's a very cheap place for accomodation, to hire halls for these kind of things and to buy stuff, beer etc. Only thing against it, is that the travel costs would probably be higher, especially for the likes of GG at the other end of the country.

Would be good though. :)

Next year is fine for me going to the south island.....i have always wanted to go and have a look.

....and as a closet cantab supporter i have to make some appearance in that city.

Originally posted by Gay-Guy@May 22 2006, 11:40 AM
Next year is fine for me going to the south island.....i have always wanted to go and have a look.

....and as a closet cantab supporter i have to make some appearance in that city.
Isnt that Highlanders Country

Originally posted by EVOL+May 22 2006, 01:15 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Gay-Guy
@May 22 2006, 11:40 AM

Isnt that Highlanders Country [/b]

May as well of been the "Lowlanders" this year.

they need to build a hospital next to Carisbrook, it'd save more time. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by EVOL+May 22 2006, 01:15 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Gay-Guy
@May 22 2006, 11:40 AM

Isnt that Highlanders Country [/b]
Yeah...trust you to notice :lol: .........

Well I don't play the sports games because quite frankly I suck at them and no point playing a game if you can't get good at it.

But I may bring down Buzz so at least 4 of us are amused while the others are playing.

Latest posts