• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

TRF EA Rugby '06 NZ Tournament

will have to go down to NZ next time u guys have this tournament ey! lets see how I rate amongst you boys...

Now I need to steal the secrets of the guy known as gay, only then can I hope to usurp his throne..........(I don't mean use his toilet either!!!)
[/b]

Mate...because you were an attendee all you have to do is give me your email address and I will send you the word file. :cheers: I was trying to explain it to everyone on Sunday morning though having it out in written form will help alot as well. I wish all the guys the best of luck with the new information and I know they will expand on it all and take things to newer heights :) The "secret" stuff as you guys call it is the result of eight months of exprimentation and testing, over and over again.

Once you know some of the things the game will change completely and the best thing about it is that you will have a whole lot more "options" on attack. At the moment I suspect people are playing the game the way the programmers designed it to be.....which misses out on a lot of the aspects of real rugby. However once you learn the new stuff you can pretty much take control of things a whole lot better and "create" things better. Dummy runners, flat balls, short balls, inside runners, acceleration, etc and even the offload are no longer predetermined by the computer as now you have most of the control. To your opponent it will all look like normal play....the only thing they will notice is that your scoreline is significantly higher than theirs......

...explaining things on the Sunday morning to the guys seemed to go quite well even though the time was short...and it probably answered a lot of questions as to why their defence "seemed" leaky. The truth is.....the guys at the comp all play at a VERY high standard indeed! They would give most people are good thrashing where ever they went. There was NOTHING wrong with the boys D. The only reason things seemed leaky was because they did not expect some of the things that I executed as they had never seen it before. How can anyone mark something when they do not expect it to happen?

The biggest problem I found for me when I played the guys was the complete opposite of what the guys found when they were playing me. Because I was so used to playing the trainer I was marking things in defence EXPECTING to see the tricks I was used to defending. As a result I was always overmarking. The second round was better as by then I realised that I had to simplyfy my defence and not over read things.

I played a bit with Danny the next day when everyone was gone (sorry Danny for narking you off :lol: ) and showed him how to do things....he really picked it up real fast and it was encouraging to see him change from wanting to retire to becoming excited and realising that the game is much much deeper than even EA realised! He even started to do the "look" move..something the trainer does a lot yet I could not get it that often....already I could see Danny thrashing me 4 months from now.

This is the thing.....some of the discoveries.....I suspect EA actually knew about!!!!! Some things seem to work all the time rather than randomly.....for instance, when you activate dummy runners sometimes the dummy runner will put his hands out to catch the ball while the pass goes behind him.....this is a "programmed" animation rather than a glitch to be exploited! Surely EA knew about this yet was keeping quiet about it probably waiting for fanatics to discover through experimentation.

Thee are some very recent new things that are close to be being discovered through the tried and true scientific method of trial and error following a hypothesis......however I don't feel like spending the hours pursuing them at the moment. When I do give them a go I will keep everyone posted.

I would suggest that you, Dave and Andrew get together and try the new things out on each other. Then learn to play against each other "defending the new stuff". Give it 6 weeks and the two of you will be light years ahead of everyone in the South Island. Don't hold back and be greedy with your info but rather see the sharing with the other two as "training" in pursuit of playing as someone said at "the Jedi level" I suspect Danny, Wallace and Stuart will be doing the same in Wellington to raise their game. You need to choose a training partner and expose yourself totally (not your you know what) in order for your training partner to match your leve andl overtake it....then you will be forced to raise your level to overtake his...and so on and so on. Thrashing your training partner week in week out does not raise your level at all but gives you a false sense of self belief in invincibility. During the Street Fighter 2 days Mangere was not a threat at all but we went from easy beats to the best in Auckland by making a pact amongst ourselves that we would share all the info we knew into the common pool of knowledge. So everyday at lunchtime we would meet in the public library and share our secrets so that everyone knew them and devised strategies to beat it...so the cycle went on untill our level was untouchable. When they had the second annual Auckland Street Fighter 2 comp at Stages Arcade, Wilson the current champ and legend of Mid City ha no answer for our number one player Alan (who ironically was the only one of the Mangere boys who did not share everything :lol: .....he held back :wall: )

Great pics Dave!!!!! Do you have the Finals footage or does Stuart have it?

i have it, i am going to cature it tonight, send it to dave to do his magic with.

also sending down all the other stuff that was recorded.

i just need to buy a new cable

i'll be hittin you guys up with userbars sometime soon

sorry woosaah about the wait, ive just been so busy with my school work and such, f***in exams!!!

i have it, i am going to cature it tonight, send it to dave to do his magic with.

also sending down all the other stuff that was recorded.

i just need to buy a new cable
[/b]

Remember when you capture it to capture it "compressed". I used to just capture video as is and by the time I edited it and all and made a movie it looked all blocky...bad bad bad.

wow it looked like you guys had quite a bit of fun up there.

hope it will be the same next year...

Sweet as, it occured to me that all I'd be doing is re-encoding it smaller, then posting, which if you can be bothered you can do...

If not fire it down.

right ill capture it all at that size (about 7mb per min) but will caputre the final and the semi about 1/2 that size to upload.

if you want me to send you a copy of it let me know and ill chuck it on dvd

right ill capture it all at that size (about 7mb per min) but will caputre the final and the semi about 1/2 that size to upload.

if you want me to send you a copy of it let me know and ill chuck it on dvd
[/b]

Yeah I'll have a copy lol!

sweet, ill chuck them on dvd and send em out, wont be until about mid next week ready for sending

Sounds like you guys had alot of fun, if not for an incident involving alot of alcohol and a paddy waggon I would hav been there myself.

But.....after reading about the tourny, I realise I know nothing about the MP aspects of this game, I hope these things you guys are talking about dont get accidently code out in 07!!

So, this dummy runnner thing....now that its sort of out in the open, can someone tell me how the hell that works!!? it sounds to good to be true, can i use it against the ai?

Iverson, how come you had to leave? Did you get to play gay guy before you left?

Latest posts