trfnz_01.jpg

Dobrien7 gutted at Andrew Horton scoring
trfnz_02.jpg

Andrew quietly stoked with the try
trfnz_03.jpg

Game 1 - Spawn pipping Danny at the post
trfnz_04.jpg

Spawn and Andrew horton

Great first day, NOT, i suck. Glad i drew the last game with spawn, was 20 points down at one stage. the only other game i won was against Andrew and i was 17-0 down there.

Getting ready for round 2 tonight, wish i had more sleep, if only GG didnt snore!!!!

Great first day, NOT, i suck. Glad i drew the last game with spawn, was 20 points down at one stage. the only other game i won was against Andrew and i was 17-0 down there.

Getting ready for round 2 tonight, wish i had more sleep, if only GG didnt snore!!!!
[/b]

My snoring is part of my strategy to make everyone blurry eyed :lol:

I'm changng my strategy today after last nights round robin.

I might go upstairs right now to try out my new defence hehe......

Due to unforeseen circumstances CA Iversen had to leave our tournament, but congratulations to him and Amy on their new arrival!

We're having a ball so far, if anyone cares to join us there will be a new comp today, otherwise it's round 2 today for us then the finals...

Hes got another new arrival too - the wooden spoon, im sure you southern boys will be more than happy to present it to him. hehehehe

trfnz_01.jpg

Dobrien7 gutted at Andrew Horton scoring
trfnz_02.jpg

Andrew quietly stoked with the try
[/b]
Man that sucked, was leading 33-28, just inside my own 22m, in the last minute passed out wide to winger to clear to touch, only to drop the ball, have Andy scoop it up and score under the posts, convert, to win bloody 35-33!

Good times :p

Danny's wife is such a great host! She has been feeding us and basically letting us feel so relaxed at their place. I think this is a con so that we will become complacent when we play her man.

This house has three levels.....the deck is really cool outside.

Walking around Wellington yesterday....I didn't know the beehive looked so run down.......it needs a paint job.

Spawn hasn't turned up today so we are waiting for him to come.........I think the 2001 NZ EA Sports Gamer of the year is a bit scared :lol:

looks like round 2 is on tonight, i hope i do better, i dont think ill make the finals, oh well

Day 2

trfnz_05.jpg

Day 2 breakfast of champions
trfnz_06.jpg

Left to right - Gayguy, Dobrien7, Woosaah(playing fifa)
trfnz_07.jpg

Same fullas - fifa again
trfnz_08.jpg

upstairs game arena - trophies up for grabs
trfnz_09.jpg

Andrew Horton playing Danny Bullen at RL2
trfnz_10.jpg

RL2 on the main screen
trfnz_11.jpg

Woosaah and Gayguy on secondary screen(playing fifa) and Danny Bullen and Andrew Horton(RL2)
trfnz_12.jpg

Decided to play the game prior to Grand final
trfnz_13.jpg

The coveted Winner and runner up Trophies
trfnz_14.jpg

Dobrien7 still playing Fifa.

Well absolutely no contact about new entrants, so we're having round 2 tonight then finals... after we chow through 7 pizzas of course.

Spawn and GG favourites so far, although everyone now knows what to expect this time ;)

Currently exploring best options for recording final plus some tries highlights, may take a day or so to get them up, stay tuned :D

Results will be posted asap along with pics of us all and winners with trophies.

7829final%20points%20table.jpg

Spawn NZ v Danny Aus played off to face GG in final, 32-26 to Danny.

So the final is Gay Guy vs Danny!

<div class='quotemain'>
Halftime in the big game...

Gay Guy Eng 28 - Danny Saf 7
[/b]

70-21, Gay Guy victorious! Final was recorded, will be posted asap, along with more pics :D
[/b][/quote]
Congrats GG on the inaugural win, bad luck Danny boy. Looking forward to the replay.

Well thankyou one and all etc etc.....

They boys were a good sport and I had to concentrate fully to get the results.....any complacency here and the guys will punish you. I tried to run the ball from anywhere with Spawn and he made me pay dearly.

This game has no room for arrogance. I paid dearly a few times for taking people lightly....even a slight lapse in focus can have you down (I was 14-7 down at halftime to Andrew Horton in one game). Choosing teams other than the best will have you struggling. All in all we had to bring only our A game and nothing else.

The Southern boys seemed to learn very quickly and catch on to some of the newer techniques. They should be very tough when they go back to the South Island so I feel sorry for anyone they play down there as they have learnt quite a bit grom this comp and will be very hard to beat come next time.

Danny, Woosaah and Spawn play at a very high standard indeed! I can see how Spawn became NZ EA Sports Gamer of the Year 2001. Danny probably learnt the most this weekend as he improved drastically as the tournament progressed to beat Spawn twice in a row. Dobrien had great D against me and refused to surrender lightly in our last game. Woosaah improved a lot and his game against Spawn that ended in a draw was a highlight.

Unfortunate that Craig had to go as he seemed to have a lot to bring to the table....I felt very relieved when he went and actually went to the airport to make absolutely sure he got on that plane. :lol:

We realised after the first round that we needed a few beers to calm down the nerves when we played. Alcohol seems to make you play better in tournaments....I thoroughly recommend it :cheers: It was VERY tense and the amount of swearing and cursing going on throughout the games was quite intense. However once the game was finished we were all friends again as what happens on the feild stays on the felid.

Footage of the final being posted on the net will blow this game wide open as people will see, analyse, and learn things that they may not have realised existed. Haha....I realsied that and tried to keep some of the "secrets" and "tricks" to a minimum. I will however this morning show the boys everything I know as they deserve to know the truth considering they made the effort to turn up.

I am officialy retiring from this game now that the tournament is over. I will be teaching what I know to Bully the Guru as he will continue to play against his brother and Spawn in a mini Auckland tournament this labour weekend. I really rate Bully the Guru and he had a REAL shot of winning this if he had come. His defence was one og the toughest I had ever come across.

The funny thing is that there is so much more to learn on this game. A new system was discovered 10 days ago but I can't be bothered trying to master it as I want to move on to lonely one player games like Oblivion and such like. I will however explain the system to the boys here and let them take it back to their areas so they can master the new ways. Come next year someone else will be the new champion and it will be a good guess thast it will probably be one of the boys from here.

EB may be getting on board for the competition next year......Dave will keep us informed as he has the contacts. If they do then this will be VERY big indeed.

We had a mini tournament of Fifa '06 and it was amazing how good everyone was at it. Spawn is a fantastic master at this game as you can imagine from his EA experiences......Dave is very good as well as he pulled out moves on it that not many people know. Woosaah is also excellent at this game. Unfortunately we did not finish this tournmanet as many of us realised that we may get kicked off TRF if we spent all day playing Fifa :cheers:

We also played Tiger Woods on the 360 but did not finish this tournament for the same reasons as well. I was trying to pretend to be useless but in reality I have played this a lot and wanted to do my surprise styles and pretend I was simply "naturally talented" hehe

Woosaah gave me the beats on Topspin so that killed any of my aspirations on that game as I actually rated myself on Topspin.......

I was lucky on Street Fighter 2 that I had played against the best back in the old days 13 years ago and I had to use all of that experience to hold off a VERY good Spawn who pulled out moves that I know only the reall Guile masters used to do. It was very refreshing seeing these old moves from the past and especially coming from Spawn as he is young at 28 and may not have been around during that '91-'92 era. Craig and Danny are very good on this game too.

XBox 360 Table Tennis was great fun! Again I tried to do the hustle and say I was useless but in fact I was using Topspin theory to play this game.

Halo 2 had a very brief mention but we kind of got sick of the killing.......as well as Fight Night 2. We did not really want to play anything violent for some strange reason....Danny's place is a "happy place." The guys were just having a good time!

I used to rate myself at V8 Supercars as I had clocked this game and considered myself the shizz....however playing these petrol heads (Danny/Spawn) at this game (they actually own identical Holdens) put me in my place. Another game I may retire on. Man they were GOOOOD and let me eat their burning rubber!

One of the best fun moments we had was playing Mashed!!!! That really was hardcase on the massive screen trying to knock each other off. This was the game where we really found out what we truly felt about each other. Spawn kept complaining that I was only out to get him.....he was right! :cheers:

We didn't get to play JLR cos Craig had to go home as well as the fact that no one wanted it to affect the way they play R2006. Also that game does now feel a bit like its time is up.

One thing is for sure....being here is really like a true big boys holiday camp. When we weren't playing rugby we had three moded xbox/projectors to choose from to go to, one xbox 360 with its games on a 29 inch, the sky TV to watch the Crusaders hold out Auckland, and the MAME cabinet that had 5319 arcade games from the past on it. Danny's Mame cabinet looks better than any arcade machine from that era. Danny and partner are so hospitable and allow us to use anything we want...even the showers in their onsuite! She cooks for us and does all the dishes and lets us lie down and nap anywhere in the house! In fact, the house is so comfortable you feel like napping anywhere (which we did a lot of). The way the 3 story house is set up allows everyone to be in touch with each other as the staircase from the top to the bottom is one straight set of stairs...so you can see peoeple at the lower level.......the have a VERY wide staircase so we can slide down on the foam mattresses and halfway down the staircase they have a kids slide for the kids to use :cheers: It really is worthy of Mitre Ten Dream House level the way things are set out and you can tell the kids are very satisfied with living here. Dann'y kids are honestly the best behaved kids I have ever seen...well brought up indeed which really amazed me being a parent myself. :cheers: The BBQ food was great and we picked food and ate whenever we felt like it. Having Danny and his family as hosts has really made this event worth!!!!!!!!!

We may play Golf later this afternoon at Danny's local green. Be my first time ever as we can't afford a course back in South Auckland hehe. I am too blobbed out to want to go on a field to play touch today so if the boys push for it I will pretend I am sleeping hehe.

yall wouldn' believe my luck this weekend! i had a guy quit on me on tuesdy who refused to finish his 2 weeks out, and i couldn't get ANYONE to cover his shifts so i've had to bite the bullet, everyone's stayin outta my way coz they know i'm ****** about not goin to the tourney!!!! grrrrr... it sounds like yall had a phat time. maybe next year eh... f$%k i'm gutted

yall wouldn' believe my luck this weekend! i had a guy quit on me on tuesdy who refused to finish his 2 weeks out, and i couldn't get ANYONE to cover his shifts so i've had to bite the bullet, everyone's stayin outta my way coz they know i'm ****** about not goin to the tourney!!!! grrrrr... it sounds like yall had a phat time. maybe next year eh... f$%k i'm gutted
[/b]

Gee thats a bit unfortunate.......

...the boys have flown back home....I will probably hang around for a day or two until I buy a train or bus ticket but I am in no hurry.....just finished playing my first round of golf with the guys and it was really interesting.....didn't realise there were so many details involved in hitting a white ball.

The guys are trying to convince me to come diving tonight before the NRL grand final...however since I can't even swim I may give that a pass :) and stay and eat pizzas all day.

Woosaah has taken the footage of the final back home with him....but I think he is going to delete loading it on the net and keep the footage hidden for his own learning :lol: rather than youtubing it in two halves.

Waiting for Spawn to turn up tonight to challenge him at Fifa......I think he has given up on Street Fighter 2 lol!!!!

The trip for me was 12 hours by bus......not sure how long everyone else took to get here.....

Latest posts