• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

TRF EA Rugby '06 NZ Tournament

C

C A Iversen

Well, thought maybe we should have a thread exclusively for the upcoming Rugby 06 Tourney.

So, register official interest in your post below. Also, list ideas that can help with better running (not ruining) this tourney.

Definitely Likely to be there

Woosaah
C A Iversen
dobrien7
Gay-Guy
Eric
Ceejay
Andrew Horton
Danny Bullen
Spawn
Bullytheguru

Who has organised this? This is the first ive heard? Sounds like a good idea though.

It's been brewing underground for a wee while now, this exposure should kick things into action.

Was going to vote, but you can only vote for one weekend, and didn't think I should vote 5 times, one for each, so I'm officially stating my availability for all and any weekends it's organised for. :cheers:

Edit - Although I just noticed for some reason it's counted me as having voted :wall:

Originally posted by CeeJay@May 18 2006, 02:07 PM
Who has organised this? This is the first ive heard? Sounds like a good idea though.
Is still in the formative stages with (as far as I know) about 10 people definitely interested.

We have (the ones who started talking about it in the multiplayer thread) agreed on venue (Wellington) and a little on format, but this thread is where we can really get some details sorted. Woosaah is providing (or so it seems) a venue for about 8-10 people to game in, and (I'd guess) maybe 4-5 people to stay at. We still need to decide if there will be funds put in to hire a small hall or not, (although the level of interest so far doesn't suggest it), and a few other details.

Check "Multiplayer is still going" thread for some idea of our sketchy outline so far.

October 1 suits me fine as it is in the middle of my school holidays...

....oh the joys of being a teacher :rolleyes:

dum dum dum

well no point me voting either... but i might anyway :)

obviously people dont read the forums :D

Originally posted by CeeJay@May 18 2006, 02:07 PM
Read "Multiplayer is still going" thread...thats where all the talk has been

oh, maybe an age limit of 18? cause of the coupous amounts of alcahol that may be consumed?

doesnt bother me really

Before we jump ahead we need to get the blessing of NZ admins or mods or og's.

Dom
Umosay
Kaftka
Ripper
Chiro
JJ

One of these guns needs to endorse it to make it an official TRFNZ event for us Kiwis. I won't be on tonight but I will try and pm them tomorrow morning. Would be good if at least one of them came as well...........not looking at anyone in particular Kaftka :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Gay-Guy@May 18 2006, 03:34 PM
Before we jump ahead we need to get the blessing of NZ admins or mods or og's.

Dom
Umosay
Kaftka
Ripper
Chiro
JJ

One of these guns needs to endorse it to make it an official TRFNZ event for us Kiwis. I won't be on tonight but I will try and pm them tomorrow morning. Would be good if at least one of them came as well...........not looking at anyone in particular Kaftka :rolleyes:
I've reading and been interested for a while.

To be perfectly honest, I was seriously thinking about sending an email to either Gamefreaks or Gameconsole (the free nz gaming magazines) with info to see if they could include a small piece about it if we get big enough... All we have to do is call it the "Official TRF EA Sports Rugby 06 Tournament 2006 New Zealand".

sounds cool, I think Id be interested but I suck pretty bad at multiplayer, will there be beer and girls?

Xbox or Ps2??

Originally posted by CeeJay@May 18 2006, 04:57 PM
sounds cool, I think Id be interested but I suck pretty bad at multiplayer, will there be beer and girls?

Xbox or Ps2??

Next you'll be asking for beer covered girls!

I think it'll mostly be xbox, but there's bound to be a ps2 floating around.

yeah there is a ps2 here at the flat, but i think its mainly xbox (even though i only have it on pc atm)

should be good fun

at this stage no girls, but its byo beer, and drinking is compolsary

Originally posted by woosaah@May 18 2006, 05:20 PM
at this stage no girls, but its byo beer, and drinking is compolsary
Quote Horndog - "It just keeps on getting better and better!"

I've discovered it won't cost too much to buy a trophy cup and have it engraved. If funds allow, I'm sure dobrien7 and I will put in together and purchase one for the competition, which will be engraved with the winners name and TRF handle on it (providing GG gets permission from the mods for this tournament to officially use the TRF name).

Please let me know who is definitely likely to be there, (I know at this point it's only as sure as you can be) and I'll put your name at the top of the thread.

Thats cool, ive got xbox myself. Just read the other thread, good on u guys for organising this, if it goes well then it could be a yearly TRF gathering.

Ha ha girls and video games dont mix too well anyway.

yeah i think ill be there :D

and ill also put in for the cup 2 just to make it that bit cheaper

Latest posts