TRF Online RWC Competitions

raziel_eire

Academy Player
Country Flag
Ireland
Club or Nation
Connacht

--- UPDATE ---

I've edited this original post and removed all content as my initial ideas for RWC based comps will be superceded by those setup in an official capacity by TRF itself.

Happy to revisit my ideas for online competitions after the actual RWC has died away and the long-term player base for the game stabilises (including any impact that Rugby Challenge's release may have).

So, apologies for jumping the gun somewhat... but checkout the official TRF online competitions to be announced in the near future!

Last edited:
The game comes out slightly later in NA I have heard so I'm not sure whether I can join any tourney's that occur immediately in the European release.

Little Guy,

If it does become something that people like and want to be involved in, any one of the 3 competition types could be re-run after the previous one ends, with new players etc
So a delayed release in other parts of the world might negate your involvement initially, but another chance would come up (and hopefully again and again)

Little Guy,

If it does become something that people like and want to be involved in, any one of the 3 competition types could be re-run after the previous one ends, with new players etc
So a delayed release in other parts of the world might negate your involvement initially, but another chance would come up (and hopefully again and again)

This is what I am hoping for, as well perhaps some of us members in NA will start a tournament of our own as the time zone difference won't be as much of an issue.

I was actually planning on seeing if anyone was up for something like this, you beat me to it :p I've pre-ordered the game today, and am definitely up for it! What I'd suggest is keep it as simple as possible to start off with, I'd go for the first suggestion depending on interest anyway. Might be a good idea to make the teams randomised, as in its pot luck whether you get New Zealand or Russia.
If you can't get the full 20, why don't do a small run tournament, either knock out or small league? Maybe both? Either way we should definitely organise plenty of games when it's released :D

This is what I am hoping for, as well perhaps some of us members in NA will start a tournament of our own as the time zone difference won't be as much of an issue.

I'm in. Could probably do the 1st and 3rd tournaments.

TRF are going to be running our own online Rugby World Cup 2011 competitions. There is no reason of course that your own competitions can't run alongside these things. :)

Cheers C A... way to burst my bubble man!

(kidding)

I was only aware of the TRF leagues being setup that best fullback had talked about and with no other mention (atleast that I could see) of RWS based comps I wanted to try and start some momentum and preparation before the game was released.

If TRF have much the same World Cup tournaments lined up, then I am happy to park my idea & organising whilst TRF's comps are brought in to public knowledge. I don't want to impact on or split the potential players pool with multiple competition sets that people can't or won't commit to or have interest in over others.

After the hype of the RWC has passed and the playing pool has decreased, I'll revisit my ideas to see if they still have any interest amidst the hardcore folk still playing the game then and if TRF are not still running official comps themselves.

I'll edit the original post to chop it back and keep any needless discussion starting for something that may still be 4months or so away!

And as an aside... when will TRF be announcing details on the forums official comps? And if any assistance is needed in general admin or upkeep during those comps, I'd be happy to help where needed!

Anyways, consider this thread null & void - Mods, feel free to lock this thread!

Latest posts