• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

TRF revamp - your thoughts

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Prestwick @ Aug 25 2008, 12:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Its true, we had personal blogs and nobody really used them to be honest.

They're a good idea, but its a matter of trying to get people to post in them thats the tricky bit...[/b]

Its far better to have a select number of blogs from staff, and possibly members (at a later date) than everyone writing a blog... The idea we are trying to get is to make it more of a magazine basis on the forum, but with the interactivity of the forum still..

I suppose the idea you're using is a bit better, then. Putting blogs on the portal page for all to see sounds great, as long as they're regularly written.

Don't worry...

79-40_24.jpg

I think it's nice, though like others have said a few more templates / layouts could be used. Is this software similar to phpBB? You can import regular standard templates, rename them and have them as an opinion in ones profile, if it is similar to that software. If not, I think a change of colors, something easy on the eyes but something new would be cool. The standard blue forum software templates are somewhat boring.

The problem with more templates means any modifications we do, we need to replicate over, which is a lot more work, I may eventually get round to it, but ideally at the moment want to keep it basic, so we can iron out any problems, I won't rule it out tho...

But cheers for the suggestion

I'm getting quite excited about the changes. So far it's starting to offer an opportunity for new ideas and direction. It's not just a visual overhaul.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Prestwick @ Aug 25 2008, 12:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Don't worry...[/b]
I was wondering what you were talking about first. But I agree with that; my idea was to use a gun, rather than a whip, but a whip is far better! >.>

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Prestwick @ Aug 25 2008, 12:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Yeah, we actually do need someone to do a regular SH/S14/3N Blog. Any takers?[/b]

I'm thinking about maybe myself going turn-about with an aussie? That'd be a good blog surely?

If you guys can get something together down there, maybe even getting a Saffer on the job too to ease the work load, then that'd be great.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Prestwick @ Aug 25 2008, 12:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
If you guys can get something together down there, maybe even getting a Saffer on the job too to ease the work load, then that'd be great.[/b]

Yes I agree. Our local paper does something like that with columnists in the sports section. A different one each day, so it's not just one persons tired opinion after a while. Three would be good, unless we can find an Argentine, lol.

More the merrier, if you can get something together before this weekend coming I can get the ball rolling for you. We desperately need a SH blog and remember, anything will do for posts. Allot of blogs tend to use links to news articles as starting points for discussion for example.

I'm keen for that. I'll probably post opinion pieces on any major sporting event, but try to keep rugby front and centre most of the time.

Cheers Dan. I'm thinking that it could be a hell of a lot easier if I'm sharing the load with a Saffa and an Aussie.

so i tried to +rep someone and got "Your group has been restricted from changing members reputation" ??

Anyways a think its a good change. Bit more modern and convenient for the user, which for me will take getting used to having gotten used to the old'ish one. Kudos!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (candybum @ Aug 25 2008, 03:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
so i tried to +rep someone and got "Your group has been restricted from changing members reputation" ??

Anyways a think its a good change. Bit more modern and convenient for the user, which for me will take getting used to having gotten used to the old'ish one. Kudos![/b]

I've a feeling that hiccup will be sorted out soonish.

Latest posts