• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

TRF St Patricks Day Guinness Idol

And its the only stuff that provides merchandising for St Patricks Day is Guinness... Which is Why its Guinness Idol!!!

...or for that matter, a bottle of Bailey's followed by a pint or two of magners followed by a bottle of Killian's all the while dressed in an authentic wooley sweater whistling danny boy and asking the wee girls if they've seen youre shillelagh?

Thats another thing I don't get. Magners. When it came out it was advertised with an emphasis on being IRISH cider. Now forgive me if I'm wrong but since when has Ireland had a reputation of producing fine ciders? Or was the point that the Irish have a stereotype of being drunk and therefore everything thats Irish and alcoholic must be good?

Oh, and from what I've tasted of magners, I'd rather stick to the mass produced, chemical infested "West Country" ciders than the mass produced, chemical infested Irish Ciders

Oh, and from what I've tasted of magners, I'd rather stick to the mass produced, chemical infested "West Country" ciders than the mass produced, chemical infested Irish Ciders [/b]

HOW DARE YOU....

I know several Ciders which arent mass produced, if you want real cider get Cask cider, none of this stuff of draught...

<div align="center"></div>

<div align="center">
</div>
<div align="left">Thats the stuff you need to drink...</div>

<div align="left">And on the Magners thing, Up until last year most of the apples for Magners came from Ireland, until they started to having to import them from Somerset because they ran out in Ireland... So the batches on the market now are probably Somerset Apples...
</div>

I was talking about the ciders which you get outside of the south west. Strongbow, Woodpecker, Scrumpy Jack etc.

Thats another thing I don't get. Magners. When it came out it was advertised with an emphasis on being IRISH cider. Now forgive me if I'm wrong but since when has Ireland had a reputation of producing fine ciders? Or was the point that the Irish have a stereotype of being drunk and therefore everything thats Irish and alcoholic must be good?

Oh, and from what I've tasted of magners, I'd rather stick to the mass produced, chemical infested "West Country" ciders than the mass produced, chemical infested Irish Ciders
[/b]
Well, Magners has been around since 1937. I don't think anyone is saying that Ireland is this great cider nation, but that Magners is unique as an Irish Cider.

Magners is about as Irish as O'Rothlain; It just thinks it is.
[/b]
Ah, now you're just being mean spirited.

Magners is very nice as a cider. Having said this, I must admit that I don't have the opportunity of being exposed to all the unique varieties you gents have.
I was introduced to cider by a welshman after a rugby match while playing in college. I instantly fell in love. Unfortunately, hard-cider hasn't been that easy to come by. It is slowly building a fan base and I'm able to find it now in more and more places, but our brands are limited. So, to me, Magners is really nice...it's different than the others. I also like "K" cider...which I think is English.

guinnesscopy.jpg

I suppose I win by default

I hate you!!!

The Pub I went too last night and got rather Drunk on the Guinness had Sold out of the hats, before St Patricks Day had even begun...

So Gutted...

So Have written an email to Guinness complaining about the fact I drank 15 pints of Guinness and didnt have a single hat to show for it....

That wasn't my hat, Franklins Gardens also had run out before I had my 4 pints (which took around an hour). I had to pinch that one off a mate.

The hat in the other one is mine fo suck my balls. At least I made an entery, so therefore I'm The TRF <strike>paddys</strike> Guinness Day Idol 2007!

Latest posts