• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Trf team of tournament

who here is planning to watch 17 or more games? For example, That's the playoffs, all games your country plays, and at least two games from each other pool.

I was thinking it would be cool if we had 15 people here intending to watch 17+ games, each of us could judge best in tournament for a given position.

Positions can be allocated Randomly to members.

(If moderators want to take this over and do this or something similar that's cool too)
My job hours are really flexible, watching 17 games should be cake. In.

I'll be doing a lot of "working from home" during the World Cup, making sure I move the mouse every 10 mins so I appear active.

I'll be doing a lot of "working from home" during the World Cup, making sure I move the mouse every 10 mins so I appear active.

Someone gave me a good tip for that. Put the mouse in your pocket.

alright, I'll assign members to positions now. and get peoples confrimations that they're still in; it wasn't clear with some people that they wanted to participate, or just wanted to state that they will watch lots of games, or just wanted to promote gary ringrose.

I suppose it is OK to trade positions before the tournament starts. I mean if someone gets tighthead but they are a first five expert and the person that gets first five loves tightheads tehn by all measn swap. I don't want to dictate the rules though, so speak up if you disagree.

I'll be rolling dice to allocate positions. first role says which group of 1-5 (if i role 1-2), 6-10 (if i role 3-4), 11-15 (if i role 5-6), second role determines what number in that group of 5, where i'll re-roll if i roll a 6. Obviously i'll reroll if i get a position already allocated.

@bushytop
i rolled a 4, then a 1. you get number 6. For clarity to South Africans, this is blindside flanker
@TRF_heineken
i rolled a 2, then a 2. you get hooker.
@Leinster Fan
i rolled a 3, then a 4. you get halfback.
@The Alpha Bro
i rolled a 1, then a 6, then a 6, then a 1. you get loosehead prop.
@TRF_Olyy
i rolled a 2, then a 1 (already taken), then a 4. you get number 4, lock. I'm proposing here you select from players wearing the number 4. unless you want to determine a better method with the member who gets allocated 5.
@TommiG88
i rolled a 2, then a 4, then a 6, then a 4, then a 2, then a 5. you get number 5, lock. see comment above.
@Rinkadink
i rolled a 4, then a 1, then a 1, then a 5. you get 10, first five eighth/ flyhalf/outside half.

**** now i found a 15 sided dice roller online, I'm switching to that*****

@ragerancher
i rolled a 2, then a 3. You get tighthead prop.
@themole25
i rolled a 1, 3, 10, 7. you get openside flanker.
@duncanb
i rolled 15. you get fullback
@Gena_ZA
i rolled a 4, 4, 7, 2, 14. you get 14, right wing.
@Cruz_del_Sur
i rolled a 13. you get centre/outside centre.
@SomeOke
i rolled 15, 9, 3, 6, 14, 1, 14, 10, 12. you get second five eighth / inside centre.
@BobbyM
i rolled 13, 5, 8. you get number 8.
@Umaga's Witness
you get 11, left wing.

The pressure. I'm going to have to drink less and write notes....

Thanks for taking the effort, happy with my position.

How exactly is this going to work, are we each going to make a subjective call and announce our player of the tournament at the end?

What does the 17 game number signify? Just getting a look in at every team?

For my part whenever I watch a game I'll update this thread with my thoughts on the 12s.

Edit: If someone is particularly keen on taking 12 I'm willing to swap, I don't want wings though.

Happy with 15 will post thoughts after each round of matches before final decision.

alright, I'll assign members to positions now. and get peoples confrimations that they're still in; it wasn't clear with some people that they wanted to participate, or just wanted to state that they will watch lots of games, or just wanted to promote gary ringrose.

I suppose it is OK to trade positions before the tournament starts. I mean if someone gets tighthead but they are a first five expert and the person that gets first five loves tightheads tehn by all measn swap. I don't want to dictate the rules though, so speak up if you disagree.

I'll be rolling dice to allocate positions. first role says which group of 1-5 (if i role 1-2), 6-10 (if i role 3-4), 11-15 (if i role 5-6), second role determines what number in that group of 5, where i'll re-roll if i roll a 6. Obviously i'll reroll if i get a position already allocated.

@bushytop
i rolled a 4, then a 1. you get number 6. For clarity to South Africans, this is blindside flanker
@TRF_heineken
i rolled a 2, then a 2. you get hooker.
@Leinster Fan
i rolled a 3, then a 4. you get halfback.
@The Alpha Bro
i rolled a 1, then a 6, then a 6, then a 1. you get loosehead prop.
@TRF_Olyy
i rolled a 2, then a 1 (already taken), then a 4. you get number 4, lock. I'm proposing here you select from players wearing the number 4. unless you want to determine a better method with the member who gets allocated 5.
@TommiG88
i rolled a 2, then a 4, then a 6, then a 4, then a 2, then a 5. you get number 5, lock. see comment above.
@Rinkadink
i rolled a 4, then a 1, then a 1, then a 5. you get 10, first five eighth/ flyhalf/outside half.

**** now i found a 15 sided dice roller online, I'm switching to that*****

@ragerancher
i rolled a 2, then a 3. You get tighthead prop.
@themole25
i rolled a 1, 3, 10, 7. you get openside flanker.
@duncanb
i rolled 15. you get fullback
@Gena_ZA
i rolled a 4, 4, 7, 2, 14. you get 14, right wing.
@Cruz_del_Sur
i rolled a 13. you get centre/outside centre.
@SomeOke
i rolled 15, 9, 3, 6, 14, 1, 14, 10, 12. you get second five eighth / inside centre.
@BobbyM
i rolled 13, 5, 8. you get number 8.
@Umaga's Witness
you get 11, left wing.
Just to clarify, that's scrumhalf/9, right?

I'm fine with 10, looking forward to it.

Also not because so many people will think their team has the best first 5/8th.

This should be fun! :D

Thanks for taking the effort, happy with my position.

How exactly is this going to work, are we each going to make a subjective call and announce our player of the tournament at the end?

What does the 17 game number signify? Just getting a look in at every team?

For my part whenever I watch a game I'll update this thread with my thoughts on the 12s.

Edit: If someone is particularly keen on taking 12 I'm willing to swap, I don't want wings though.

I will swap if you want 5.

Not worried though.

Latest posts