• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

TV show in France

maybe you should try using winamp - thats what im using and it works fine
im not sure of the adress but if you go to goolge and type it in im sure youll find it

download it and try it on there.

thanks for the video, was an eye opener.

I'm still not blown away by the footage of this. It looked and seemed to play almost the same as WCR. Passing from wing to wing, easy recylcing of ball, no set plays (anyone see any offloads?), one team completely dominating the other again. Animations have been greatly improved as have the menus.

Graphics look great but it still looks and feels like WCR to me, as i was expecting. Of course, i need to play the game to see if this is true or not, but at the moment, its looking like a tweaked version of the old game.

Just seen the first 5 minutes or so of the video and I must say this game seems to be exactly the same as WCR. There appears to be no apparent skill involced, and all that needs to be done to score it to draw and pass, draw and pass.

Some of the passes are absolutely ridiculous as well. I don't mind the bending of the passes but when someone throws a 30-yard pass back from where it came over the top of a ruck....come on.

I stood behind BLIC when people were saying it was too arcadey from looking at the videos of it which were released, but this just looks silly.

It doesn't seem to play like real rugby at all.

I'm really disappointed with this video. I thought that this game would match BLIC with the mix of playability and simulation, but it just looks absolute shite, shallow rubbish.

If anyone can give a reason why I am wrong (other than saying "You haven't played it so you can't comment) please do. I haven't played this game but I play rugby and know what it looks like on TV, and this seems to play nothing like it.

Is there any element of realism in this game?

Originally posted by Inertia@Jan 18 2006, 02:49 AM
(anyone see any offloads?),

I only watched the vid quickly, but I seem to remember seeing at least one offload? ... or maybe I imagined it.

I think you are right about the footage though - I don't think it showed the game off in the best light compared to WCR. I would have spent more effort in showing the new features.

At the end of the day, a game is only going to look as good as the people playing it... you could watch a game of Pro Evo with both players hoofing the ball from one end to the other and it would look basic! If you play it more like real rugby then it will look more like real rugby - just don't pass it back over the rucks! I think the only things you can take from a video are smoothness, animation etc which by all accounts this game has in abundance

Originally posted by lazy_chesnut@Jan 18 2006, 02:51 AM
I'm really disappointed with this video. I thought that this game would match BLIC with the mix of playability and simulation, but it just looks absolute shite, shallow rubbish.

Ouch ... dude that's a bit harsh for a game that you haven't played.

But you are totally entitled to your opinion and without being arsey about it, I know our game will not appeal to everyone.

I do hope you get chance to play it, because despite the lack of realism I think you will find it more challenging and fun than WCR - particularly if you crank up the difficulty level.

If you are looking for total realism though, our game isn't what you are looking for.

listen guys there is a thing called tact - which some of you seem to have none off.

saying the game is complete utter shite when you havent even played it is f***ing stuped - trev comes on here - and he doesnt have too, and in my eyes hes a true gent - hes been nothing but honest to us - and i think saying that the game is **** is so disespectful - if you dont like the look of the game then fair enough - but its no need to say it in such a vulgar way

in my opinion the game looks awesome - those tackles are bloody imense.

To Spearman, use VLC , it's working well with it!!! (I think it's a "must have"software ).

For me, after seeing the video, i pretty sure i'll buy the game friday! It's look good even if few things has disapointed me like the rucking system (I was found of jonah lomu's one).

I'll try to record this show again if there are doing the same for EA's ***le

good man
<

Umm I don't know if this has happened for anyone else - but all I#m getting is sound, not any video. Can anyone help?

Coco

Ahh don't worry. I found out I needed to install a codec or soemthing like that. It works now and I'm just about to watch it.

Thanks
Coco

Only just got round to watching this, shame about the 2 presenters, especially when they stop playing to talk and just leave the scrum half waiting at the breakdown... it deprives us of a lot of gameplay footage! What is there looks very encouraging I think, and would say that the only reason this looks more like WCR is because the muppet playing keeps running sideways and passing it stfraight through to the wings!

I spotted a couple of offloads, a lot of different tackles and a few broken ones. I think the game itself looks to be a lot more realistic, and if played by a more rugby-savvy player (one that can instantly name the 3 nations involved in the tri-nations, unlike 1 of the presenters) I reckon it would look a lot better.

On the plus side, the one licensed kit we see (ulster) looks very good, and the goalkicking system looks very nice indeed. Reckon this one will be great fun, especially in multiplayer... maybe not an accurate simulation, but then it's not meant to be!

the 2 presenters are ot really here to review the game, they just trying to be funny. Believe me, they 're worst during the first 5 minutes of the show i've cut ..... (have you seen them Darhf?)

Trev,

I didn't intend to be "nasty", and you're right it is quite a harsh comment. However I do think it looks shallow. I am one of BLIC's biggest supporters, and really hope that on a harder difficulty in the hands of someone who knows rugby, it can be a good game.

I'll most likely buy it for PC and PS2 still!

i dont think they could have done the game any less justice if im honest, i watched it with the sound off and the presenters were just infuriating. it looked like wcr but cos of how bad the presenter was at it it just looked terrible, he ran flat everytime...shame. still got faith!

Latest posts