• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

TV show in France

Some french shops have yet received the game, some of them will sell it tomorow!!!

Wooo!
The best new of the week!
<

The game looks promising, but the presenters obviously have little or none experience in rugby games.

So from the video I have a few questions that maybe sombody can answer e.g. Trev, Lox etc

1. If you are not held in the tackle, can you not get back up?
2. Does everything sort of pause if you don't play the ball out of the ruck immediately - so does that mean there won't be offsides?
3. Can you have set plays in which some moves are already planned - like EA Rugby 04.

You French peopel are s lucky. We've still got an other 2 1/2 weeks to wait in the UK!

Coco

Just watched the video and it didnt do it an ounce of justice for me.

a few points.

a) Dont know about anyone else but the video looked waaaaaaaaay speeded up to me. Dont know if it was the program, the conversion or my puter.

<
It was obviously on easy and I doubt very much you would get away with passing like that on the harder levels.

c) they obviously didnt give a toss about the game and so didnt really put any effort into playing it.

Originally posted by Inertia@Jan 18 2006, 02:49 AM
thanks for the video, was an eye opener.

I'm still not blown away by the footage of this. It looked and seemed to play almost the same as WCR. Passing from wing to wing, easy recylcing of ball, no set plays (anyone see any offloads?), one team completely dominating the other again.  Animations have been greatly improved as have the menus.

Graphics look great but it still looks and feels like WCR to me, as i was expecting. Of course, i need to play the game to see if this is true or not, but at the moment, its looking like a tweaked version of the old game.
I can understand you saying how it looks but dont see how you can comment on the feel of the game without playing it.

With regards to it being a tweaked version of an old game, define tweaked. Isnt pro evo 5 a tweaked version of pro evo 4 ?

It was always going to be a tweaked version of WCR, isnt that what all next in the series games are ?

Edit : Actually I guess all next in series arnt just tweaked. Well maybe they are but in RL2's case the tweaking went horribly wrong.

Exactly... the video was not a good advertisement of the game due to the way it was poorly played

A real shame a preview copy was wasted on these guys - a real shame

Still think that if you tried to play the game as rugby is played then you could reap some fine rewards from it, especially on the harder difficulties after a bit of experience

Still looking forward to it

I've watched this through a few times now, and here are a few things worth noting:

1. The compression/recording has altered the framerate a fair bit - it goes faster and slower at different times (no criticism of you lecdg2 - you've done a great job). There are moments when it seems to level out, and I reckon this looks slightly slower paced than WCR but just as smooth.

2. The guy playing is totally inept - passing too early, switching play from side to side far too frantically. It looks like a possession game would be possible if played right.

3. Mauls/scrums look awesome and eliminate button bashing completely.

4. Kicking for goal looks great.

5. General presentation much improved

I'd say it looks very good if you don't treat it as a simulation.

I can confirm that the recording and the re-encode of the video altered the framerate.

Originally posted by lecdg2@Jan 18 2006, 09:13 AM
I can confirm that the recording and the re-encode of the video altered the framerate.
I knew it was speeded up, just wasnt sure if it was my computer or not as media player has been playing up so I used VLC media player.

For the speeded up parts I find overlaying a benny hill soundtrack makes it far more watchable
<

Gr8 find btw to the original poster.

Originally posted by knowsleyroader@Jan 17 2006, 09:20 PM
For the speeded up parts I find overlaying a benny hill soundtrack makes it far more watchable
<
<
I saw a great 'passion of the christ' compilation with Benny Hill overlay, but relectant to post videos on here as have seen others take a little stick for it...

Why cant you post these movies on a good video player everyone can use without having to install stupid codecs and stuff EG good old QuickTime Player

Originally posted by funksoulbrother@Jan 18 2006, 10:49 AM
Why cant you post these movies on a good video player everyone can use without having to install stupid codecs and stuff EG good old QuickTime Player
Well nice idea, you can reencode it yourself and share it with us
<

Well the guy who has the videos - why didnt you do them with QuickTime - would have made sense

Originally posted by ak47+Jan 18 2006, 11:01 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ak47 @ Jan 18 2006, 11:01 AM)</div>
Originally posted by .:kaftka:.@Jan 17 2006, 11:28 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-loratadine
@Jan 17 2006, 11:26 PM
thats a bit nasty IMO

Ronaldinho looks like the big Jesus gang guy in The Warriors.
yes yes yes

<
<
[/b]
Can you dig it? Can you dig it? Can. You. Dig it?!

Originally posted by funksoulbrother@Jan 18 2006, 11:12 AM
Well the guy who has the videos - why didnt you do them with QuickTime - would have made sense

If your going to be that way, why doesn't he just say to hell with the ungratefulness and go find a clip yourself, you whinging b**tard!

I've seen it and anyone can see that it's played by 2 people that could be out-thought by a 2 month-old mentally retarded chimpanzee.

I agree with someone else who said that even pro-evo 5 would look like crap played by those guys!

Let's be fair to the ***le, I think any awesome game feels good to play, and you can't tell that from a video of any kind.

The only thing I didn't like was that the All Blacks didn't look like any All Blacks I've seen recently. No big deal though.

Quicktime???? Excep MAC users, it had no sense for me.
I thought that most of you already have , at least, xvid codec. In fact I've just install it in order to encode this video for you!!!!!
I' m using VLC cause it can read 99%of the video WITHOUT installing any codecs.
VLC is available on most platform (linux, mac , window), I suggest you (funksoulbrother) to try it, you won't uninstall it after!

the link for VLC : here

Originally posted by .:kaftka:.+Jan 18 2006, 11:36 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (.:kaftka:. @ Jan 18 2006, 11:36 AM)</div>
Originally posted by ak47@Jan 18 2006, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by .:kaftka:.@Jan 17 2006, 11:28 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-loratadine
@Jan 17 2006, 11:26 PM
thats a bit nasty IMO

Ronaldinho looks like the big Jesus gang guy in The Warriors.

yes yes yes

<
<
Can you dig it? Can you dig it? Can. You. Dig it?! [/b]
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!
<

Originally posted by funksoulbrother@Jan 18 2006, 10:12 AM
Quick time is a pain in the arse... Mac only give you a basic version of it that lets you do stuff all and then wants you to pay for it! I mean, it's good quality, but I'll stick with my Media Player thanks.

Latest posts