• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

unstoppable sale

J

jimi_bradley

With tait as a new signing and the likes of mccallister and white

as well as youngsters like rory lamont they are gunna be incredible

McAlister is only up north on a brief pay cheque and is back off at the end of the season.

Tait is an over-rated nancy boy.

Philip St. Andre is like Alex Ferguson with his tantrums, but doesn't have the coaching ability. Giving him credit for the league ***le 3 years ago is the same as giving John Steel credit for the 2000 HEC - He inherited a team.

They'll be competitive when they can be bothered this year, but don't make me laugh with phrases like "unstoppable".

Oh, and stop posting pointless treads to gain access to the downloads.

08/09 backline:

15) Tait
14) Lamont
13) McAlister
12) Thomas
11) Cueto
10) Hodgson
9) Peel

Maybe not 'unstoppable' but pretty damn impressive nonetheless. ;)

Also, I'd prefer McAlister in my team to no McAlister, whether he's just there for the money or not he's the best 12 in the Premiership.
Also Matthew Tait is a very talented player from what I've seen - I don't know why you think he's a 'nancy boy'. Because Henson in his prime dumped him twice?

Yes, although he was only 18 and built like a paperboy. Its a very,very good side though, they just struggled to put it together for 80 minutes last season.

Just another season I thought? He's heading back in time for the next world cup, with Kelleher, Mauger and Hayman.

Yes, although he was only 18 and built like a paperboy. Its a very,very good side though, they just struggled to put it together for 80 minutes last season.
[/b]
That's our problem. The team tends to play individually, not together. Hopefully a second season is enough time for McAlister to have fitted in so he can reach his potential - which is odd to say since he was fantastic last season despite not really peaking. It's a shame we've only got him for one more season, although having Peel there is a bonus, especially if he finds form.

Unstoppable?

:lol2tn:

That backline will look good going forward but I can see them conceding plenty of 'stoppable' tries.

With tait as a new signing and the likes of mccallister and white

as well as youngsters like rory lamont they are gunna be incredible [/b]

Just wait until Sale come back to a new Thomond Park, then we will see how unstoppable Sale really are.

<div class='quotemain'> With tait as a new signing and the likes of mccallister and white

Just wait until Sale come back to a new Thomond Park, then we will see how unstoppable Sale really are.
[/b][/quote]
Bah! Our unstoppable backline will walk all over the old men of Munster. :D

<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'> With tait as a new signing and the likes of mccallister and white

[/b][/quote]
Bah! Our unstoppable backline will walk all over the old men of Munster. :D [/b][/quote]

Haha you've got to be kidding. Our men may be old but they still can perform in Thomond. The only players from the Sale back-line who I would let in the Munster back-line is McAlister and Rory Lamont. You will regret underestimating the old men of Munster.

Haha you've got to be kidding. Our men may be old but they still can perform in Thomond. The only players from the Sale back-line who I would let in the Munster back-line is McAlister and Rory Lamont. You will regret underestimating the old men of Munster.
[/b]
Peel > O'Leary.
Tait > Hurley.

Otherwise, yeh you're right. I don't expect us to beat you on TP, but I certainly expect us to beat you in Edgeley Park; especially if we play to our potential.
Obviously, being biased, I think our backline has more class than yours, although your forwards are far too experienced to be bullied by LE SEABASS, Sheridan and Co. At least we can eliminate a strong threat from Clermont again this season, as they'll be tearing continents in half to win the Brennus next season.

<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]
Peel > O'Leary.
Tait > Hurley.

Otherwise, yeh you're right. I don't expect us to beat you on TP, but I certainly expect us to beat you in Edgeley Park; especially if we play to our potential.
Obviously, being biased, I think our backline has more class than yours, although your forwards are far too experienced to be bullied by LE SEABASS, Sheridan and Co. At least we can eliminate a strong threat from Clermont again this season, as they'll be tearing continents in half to win the Brennus next season. [/b][/quote]

O'Leary could become a great scrum-half, he has potential and at the moment Peel isn't performing and he is injured (I think). Tait is an amazing player and is much better than Hurley, but Hurley impressed me during his time in the red jersey.

<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'>
[/b]
Peel > O'Leary.
Tait > Hurley.

Obviously, being biased, I think our backline has more class than yours, although your forwards are far too experienced to be bullied by LE SEABASS, Sheridan and Co. At least we can eliminate a strong threat from Clermont again this season, as they'll be tearing continents in half to win the Brennus next season. [/b][/quote]

O'Leary could become a great scrum-half, he has potential and at the moment Peel isn't performing and he is injured (I think). Tait is an amazing player and is much better than Hurley, but Hurley impressed me during his time in the red jersey.
[/b][/quote]
Peel at his best is in a different league to O'Leary, who could develop into a good player, but I'll wait to see how he does under Kidney's regime - as Stringer surely shouldn't be first-choice.
Hurley is too young to judge yet, but I don't really rate him too highly anyway. Munster's backline does well with the experience of Tipoki and Mafi there, who have performed very solidly in midfield all season. Sadly for them, they're coming up against the best centre partnership in the Premiership ;), so they'll need to imitate their HC Final form this year where they didn't miss a single tackle to give Munster a chance in Edgeley Park, otherwise Mac and Thom (lulz) will run Sale to an easy victory through the midfield. That's granted we get any possession though. <_<

<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'>
[/b]
Peel > O'Leary.
Tait > Hurley.

[/b][/quote]
Peel at his best is in a different league to O'Leary, who could develop into a good player, but I'll wait to see how he does under Kidney's regime - as Stringer surely shouldn't be first-choice.
Hurley is too young to judge yet, but I don't really rate him too highly anyway. Munster's backline does well with the experience of Tipoki and Mafi there, who have performed very solidly in midfield all season. Sadly for them, they're coming up against the best centre partnership in the Premiership ;) , so they'll need to imitate their HC Final form this year where they didn't miss a single tackle to give Munster a chance in Edgeley Park, otherwise Mac and Thom (lulz) will run Sale to an easy victory through the midfield. That's granted we get any possession though. <_< [/b][/quote]

If Munster have any sense they will allow you no possession at all. Our forwards will play slow, pick-and-go rugby with only O'Gara, Mafi, Tipoki and Howlett only getting the ball via O'Leary :p You can only win a game if you have the ball :bleh!:

I don't know why I'm so confident, Munster should be strong favourites going into both games. The fixtures for the H-Cup are being announced Thursday. Does Sky announce what matches they'll be showing live at the same time as the fixtures are announced? Since Munster are the champions, they should be showing both games live. Excellent, that's a good thing about being drawn with the Champions! :p :cheers:

I don't know why I'm so confident, Munster should be strong favourites going into both games. The fixtures for the H-Cup are being announced Thursday. Does Sky announce what matches they'll be showing live at the same time as the fixtures are announced? Since Munster are the champions, they should be showing both games live. Excellent, that's a good thing about being drawn with the Champions! :p :cheers: [/b]

You should be confident when you take on Munster on your own ground, not sure if we will beat you away from home. The only game I could see us winning away from home is against the new French team in the competition, Montaban.

<div class='quotemain'> I don't know why I'm so confident, Munster should be strong favourites going into both games. The fixtures for the H-Cup are being announced Thursday. Does Sky announce what matches they'll be showing live at the same time as the fixtures are announced? Since Munster are the champions, they should be showing both games live. Excellent, that's a good thing about being drawn with the Champions! :p :cheers: [/b]

You should be confident when you take on Munster on your own ground, not sure if we will beat you away from home. The only game I could see us winning away from home is against the new French team in the competition, Montaban.
[/b][/quote]
I bet Gloucester, the best team in the Prem at the time were confident they'd be you in the quarter final. We all know what happened there. :D And I wouldn't underestimate Montauban. To my knowledge, they only lost a single home game in the T14 last year.
I'll wait 'til the season starts before I comment on the H-Cup, since Munster could be Godawful under their new coach, and Sale could be 'unstoppable' :p with Peel and Tait on board aswell.

Latest posts