• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

unsung heros of world league

Originally posted by sambad5@Apr 18 2005, 09:10 PM
come to think of it, a big BIG one i left out, rua tupoki, from the nz maoris. you have to put him in a lineup before you start wl, (he plays for the blues) very good buy, unless youve already started
Have you gone crazy!!

<

what about both the jap wings - are less than 36 required and have pace that leaves every player mentioned for dust? and one has kicking - 86.

there are v good and cheap players in the really obscure teams -

one is 20 - tip 4 all you strugglers on hard WL - have a look at these minnows (Africa anyone)?

Originally posted by Los Lover@Apr 19 2005, 12:04 AM
what about both the jap wings - are less than 36 required
tupoki is only 25.

only 2 players are over 30. both could be removed. corrigan is only in it for captaincy and muller could take gissings place come to think of it......

Originally posted by sambad5+Apr 19 2005, 01:07 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sambad5 @ Apr 19 2005, 01:07 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Los Lover
@Apr 19 2005, 12:04 AM
what about both the jap wings - are less than 36 required
tupoki is only 25.

only 2 players are over 30. both could be removed. corrigan is only in it for captaincy and muller could take gissings place come to think of it...... [/b]
OH!

25?

that is a good option - but remember that passing and playmaker must eventually be the aim of all people buying their BEST centre (later on) - stars for these makes a big difference (like BOD) etc.....

tipoki good option though bro.

yeah there was a BIG lack of stars in the team. but this is just really a template for a cheap team. i dont expect anyone to actually make the team, i did while i made the team. but its just to show people, these are some cheap players to buy early in the game.

another thread idea would be: whats the best postition to get a player for.

My bro ( not the Paul ***o one ) always signs a lock first and then a goal kicker. It seems to work, whereas I just address the problem that seems the most obvious, e.g. I signed Anton Oliver to help my scrums and to score trys from keeping the ball close to the ruck.

P.S. Mark ( ? ) Ranby of the Chiefs is an excellent Centre to sign.

scrums is just timing bro - don't need any sigings - same with line-outs.....it's all about technique and timing......

you need tries and you need four-try bonuses - thus you need backs.....

hell I got half my kicks with Heffler anyway, at least, again just a timing thing.

I win line-outs against the throw - about one a game - with no locks at all.

I have gone through 3rd and 2nd division in the last few days with a new WL team (hard level) and won both divisions......I still have no forwards at all - none!

But my backline is as follows (the idea being to not buy anyone over 90 pace etc...) =

9 Conradies
10 Ollie Smith (filling 10 job as he got injured and I bought another centre, then after about 8 games he returned!)
11 damn it! can't remember!
12 Vunibaka
13 ahikura? Jap winger and kicker
14 Danielli
15 Tune

Only the big games are tough (i.e. games where I expect to win....and the Crusaders and Brumbies)......sometimes the Stormers.......

Originally posted by BOKean@Apr 22 2005, 07:12 PM
dont let this thread die - its the best in the whole forum
<
!!!!!
shot
<
remember it when the TRF awards rolls around
<

Latest posts