• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

USA vs All Blacks - 01/11

I've never predicted they'd score 100 against Japan, why do you keep bringing it up in reference to me?

RE: camp/warm ups, it was an "and/or" statement sorry that you didn't understand, but it was written rather clumsily granted. In the June internationals such as when they play Japan in the PNC they will have been in camp leading up to it or will have played say Japan with possibly some PNC games behind them. They will be heading into this game completely cold.

I mean FFS they drew with Uruguay in the RWC qualifiers.

Like i said they don't have the backs to stand up to an AB's or even AB's (b) team, which is vastly different to playing a NZ maoris team that was no where near the strength of the current AB's squad, even then they leaked 3 tries to 1.

NZ score on average 25-30 points against the Tier 1 nations. Do you honestly think USA Eagles are half the strength of SA, Australia or England? They will be on the end of a pasting.

But you're right i'm being too flippant about the Eagles, i'll adjust my predicted score again to reflect your points.

The ab's to get around 58 points.

The camp/warm up point is totally inaccurate though. Before the Ireland game, they had none of their dozen European based players around until the week before the game. In actual fact over the two weekends prior Manoa had played for Northampton in the Premiership final and in Hong Kong for the Barbarians, in his case he would have been in his three totally different time zones in 2 weeks going into that game.

So I don't really regard that as particularly superior preparation to what it will be for this game. In fact it was probably far worse, as the European based players were coming into it at the end of a long season. The American based players would have joined camp before the European based players arrived, but they will this time too so that is hardly different. What were the warm up games before the Maori game? If you're counting ARC they're playing that this year too, but unlike that game with a weakened team their best players will be involved.

Tallying up tries doesn't really add to whatever argument you're trying to make either, when there are so many variable conditions to each and every individual game. And by the way just to make clear, I'm not arguing that the AB's won't get past 60, just that suggesting that is the bare minimum is far from the mark.

And the 100 points reference was to some predictions people made for the Japan game last year. I just tried to clear that up in my last post which you've ignored.

Last edited:
you're quibbling over one word minimum or maximum...but essentially you understand my point is that they will get a big score put on them so why the haranging? What does it achieve?

We all know there is absolutely zero chance of them winning and it's highly unlikely they will even run them close... it is a damage limitation exercise for the Eagles.

As i said that doesn't make it a pointless exercise, this game is about more than the score.

did you find it?

Because as i said i didn't join till feb, and i've checked the end of year tour concerning Japan vs All Blacks and there are no posts by me in it... so you and Psycho are either making it up or i can't find it.
well if i cant find it then idt you'll be able to find it ;)

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

Name calling on the basis of false accusations deserves a neg rep.

Psychic just neg repped me because my auto-correct changed psychic to psycho! PROPER LOL!

Sorry for laughing mate. I don't know wtf i'mscotty thought he was doing

Hey gang, I searched this game on the site's search box and this thread was the only thing that came up.
Was actually looking for other fans going to the game, hang out, watch the All blacks practice, pre and post bar and tailgating,...
I understand this thread is not going that way and I am asking if you can direct me to the proper channels.
Thanks so much!

60K spectators? What's the bet they're all Kiwis? :lol:

Hehe, close enough! The rest of us are in Australia.

There is only enough room for you in Australia because they are all working in pubs in west london.

Saffer and Convict gap year students can be found in most private schools working as general staff.

Please Ritchie and guys, don't be too hard on the Americans. A thrashing will spoil the game a bit and discourage the American fans to follow this great game:D

This is a great opportunity for the game to be introduced to the masses. If the U.S. takes this game seriously and really grow it, they can become a tier one nation in rugby, a rugby superpower. They have the talent, coaching and resources. Look at their sevens team. They have already produced the fastest player the game has ever seen, Carlin Isles. You can watch YouTube to see what I mean.

Historic match to be played in front of a sell out 60,000 crowd in Chicago, the All Blacks will be making a nice bit of money from this test.

The USA desperately needed their best players for this game and look to have secured release from PRL, not an amazing deal for them but one that needed to be done.

So considering that I would imagine their team would be something like this. Front row **** is as ever, half backs sub standard, but they usually raise their game at home so I think they may compete better than their form guide may suggest especially if the All Blacks trial out some fresh players.

1. Fry
2. Thiel
3. Kilifi
4. Smith
5. Manoa
6. Clever
7. LaValla
8. Dolan
9. Petri
10. Siddall
11. Scully
12. Suniula
13. Kelly
14. Thompson
15. Wyles
Where's that guy that left Habana for dead in the 2007 worldcup?Takudzwa Ngwenya

Last edited by a moderator:
ngwenya is overhyped, habana let him get on the outside and then couldn't catch him because at full speed he was too quick. also, when it comes to scoring tries ngwenya hasnt impressed greatly nor has he shown good physicality. btw his acceleration was no match for marland yarde over a 40 metre dash when he was playing against england for the barbarians.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MWz64yQozc

Last edited:
Someone like Johnny Manziel would be fantastic in that USA all stars side.

Johnny at 10. Has a ring to it ;)

Manziel would be awesome on the teamsheet, imagine all of the public attention. But as a rugby player, I see his Quade Cooper like risk-taking and Dan Carter athleticism being worth a watch. Dunno how good he is at actual rugby passes and kicks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2V5XR94-rM

Last edited:

Latest posts