• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Variety/Gameplay Tip

L

Los Lover

Well, I find this quite fun and has thrown some extra variety into games...

EXTRA KICKING OPTIONS:

(easier with wingers with pace - doesn't have to be insane).

* The cross-field grubber to the corner/winger - yes we all grubber for ourselves on the wing and for territory occasionally BUT - try (if you have good control on the kicking) grubbering for your outside winger...opposite side (first-five out to winger)....practice it.

* The Spencer punt/bomb that sometimes goes too high for the fb to handle and bounces in-field etc!!
So you can't decide to kick late? Will get tackled and lose it?
Well don't always kick with x!!
Kick with DROP GOAL CIRCLE...

OMG yes!!! - it goes higher and can be controlled much easier - thus been able to be bent and reduced for kicking cross-field for wingers both in general play and when kicking across for a winger into the in-goal.....
It is also easier to get off later as the opposition often fruitlessly charges you instead of tackling you like they do for the x button.
If you know what you are doing it really means your kicking arsenal gets a shake-up - it is awesome and will dazzle and confuse versus MP and ai occasionally resulting in spectacular tries or turnovers.

* The Half-back crossfield-kick from the scrum to the winger/in-goal when on the extreme edge of pitch (fast winger only)......done a few times in practice menu...have been training at it.....bending this kick and getting the right trajectory AND weight is hard, but can be done.....harder than bending the easy drop goal button tactic.

Enjoy!

Nice tips Los - I'll try them in my second test against australia (lions tour)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
* The cross-field grubber to the corner/winger - yes we all grubber for ourselves on the wing and for territory occasionally BUT - try (if you have good control on the kicking) grubbering for your outside winger...opposite side (first-five out to winger)....practice it.[/b]

do you mean kicking to the blinside winger?

Also....what happens if you try a drop goal kick from a winger running down the sideline? Is this more effective as a centering kick?

Originally posted by Gay-Guy@Apr 29 2005, 12:04 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE
* The cross-field grubber to the corner/winger - yes we all grubber for ourselves on the wing and for territory occasionally BUT - try (if you have good control on the kicking) grubbering for your outside winger...opposite side (first-five out to winger)....practice it.

Also....what happens if you try a drop goal kick from a winger running down the sideline? Is this more effective as a centering kick? [/b][/quote]
<do you mean kicking to the blinside winger?>

I mean right across the field to the other winger!! on an angle behind the line...

<Also....what happens if you try a drop goal kick from a winger running down the sideline? Is this more effective as a centering kick?>

It's easier than a normal punt but a little harder/the same as a grubber....the thing with the dg when you choose to use it as an open play kick (not at goal), is that they can be shaped short/or long and can fo very high....basically it's the bomb button who really wanted but not quite - like I said: the Spencer punt/bomb....Blues fans like yourself (or at least blues -aware if not fan) know what I mean I'm sure.

<

Originally posted by Gay-Guy@Apr 29 2005, 12:04 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE

Also....what happens if you try a drop goal kick from a winger running down the sideline? Is this more effective as a centering kick? [/b][/quote]
<do you mean kicking to the blinside winger?>

I mean right across the field to the other winger!! on an angle behind the line...

<Also....what happens if you try a drop goal kick from a winger running down the sideline? Is this more effective as a centering kick?>

It's easier than a normal punt but a little harder/the same as a grubber....the thing with the dg when you choose to use it as an open play kick (not at goal), is that they can be shaped short/or long and can fo very high....basically it's the bomb button who really wanted but not quite - like I said: the Spencer punt/bomb....Blues fans like yourself (or at least blues -aware if not fan) know what I mean I'm sure.

<

Latest posts