• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Video *EXCLUSIVE* RWC2011 Playtest

Loved the video!, kind of disappointed on the game though, ahh well I heard that HB have the licenses for 4 years or something like that. So anyone think there might be a game next year?

To be truthful on ititial appearance we all thought the worst. It wasn't until playing a few game that we realised "hold on, this is actually very different".

HBs problem will be conveying that message to people. Well, no it won't be their problem. It'll be the problem of people who miss out. And I'll bet there'll be a lot of people who do because they don't give it enough of a chance or know better because they've looked at pictures.

Their loss.

correct CA
i've been saying that all along
The games are worlds apart, and vastly different and any true fan of the sport should own both
not only the above criteria but the fact both games are shaping up nicely, and will score similar in the reviews
its not as if one game is going to get hammered with 3/10 and the other a 9/10.
if there is any debate of which game is better - any true fan of the sport will have both in their collection

I've no problem saying that you've been completely right on this one from the first time you said it.

Myself, I thought up until the screenshots etc that there was a small but possible chance of maybe a 35-40% review score discrepancy between the two if someone didn't do their job anywhere near properly. Now I'd say the most variance we should see in scores is 20%.

Personally the way it looks right now, without having played either they both look as good as each other to me, for completely different reasons. The amount of people who've known these games are coming for such a long while now, they really should've had the funds aside by now to buy both. It was only a matter of a fiver here and a tenner there over the last several months into our piggy bank (yes we have one, but it's a whale rather oddly) and before I knew it I have almost enough for both at release day prices.

I'm quite liking this foreign to me "saving" idea I've done, never really done it outside of a bank account before, lol. Might just carry this on for Arkham City and Uncharted 3 too. At very least it'll provide me with year round discounts on games. :D

Agreed.

Also.. We can change the stats of the players correct.. Can we also edit their height, weight and body build? Coz from what i remember AJ saying we cant edit facial characteristics.... But nothing about weight, height etc...

EDIT:

Okay, Checked the FAQs.. Yep, you can edit Height and Weight.

You beat me to it with your edit. Altering height and weight along with all of the stats should mean that when switching players around we can turn a lock that might look like a real life halfback, into that very halfback, which will be great.

Well after watching this...it looks to be a continuation of the EA rugby series....which is good for the old gamers like me....and it looks like they fixed up the ruck problems....which was my only gripe.

So yet another step forward....next gen consoles and online play also adding to it.

Don't think I have seen it mentioned by Chris it was the 27th July not Jun.... DOH!

Oh **** it... I'm not going through another 6 hour process to change it!

Have my RWC pre ordered and I can't wait to play it. No game can be a 100% simulation of the real thing so you have to be ready for some part of the gameplay to be programmed as the programmer thinks it can be achieved within the working parameters/costs. Plus, If RC is released 2 or 3 weeks after the RWC date, then you can give that version of the game a good looking over whilst you are getting your rugby gaming jollies on RWC.

Yep it truely is a ps3/360 version of rugby08....very dissapointed the engine hasnt been upgraded.. how useless is the place kick shoot out? i dont want/need that, i will still buy it however just for novelty sake, but i think id rather play rugby08 and keep playing super rugby, tri nations, 6 nations, rwc etc etc...sigh

They've done it again. Why do they always put number 5 jumping at the front? 5 is usually the middle jumper.

Man, next time I should come along as well. You guys are utterly poor with the kicking hahahaha. Looks awesome. Cannot wait to get it myself.

I just wish I had the time to go to London for this. I was actually planning on doing so, but paying 150 pounds to fly to London for this was a little too much for me.

Yea was going say the kicking is ethier very hard or you're **** at it:p

Yep it truely is a ps3/360 version of rugby08....very dissapointed the engine hasnt been upgraded.. how useless is the place kick shoot out? i dont want/need that, i will still buy it however just for novelty sake, but i think id rather play rugby08 and keep playing super rugby, tri nations, 6 nations, rwc etc etc...sigh

You can lead a horse to water...

Piece of ****

This game is absolutely ---- it is worse than rugby 08 I defiantly won't buy it rugby challenge is so much Better

Last edited by a moderator:
so...yeah.jpg

so.....yeah.

Besides this and the lineouts the game looks good. I really hope the game will sell good and HB will keep doing rugby games but I'll skip this one.

wow i gotta say it looks like it plays very good... yeah the graphics arent anything to celebrate over and the bunching still seems like its there but other than that it looks very enjoyable to play (even tho you cant see it much in the TRF boys behaviour lol) and i really didnt have high hopes for this game till i watched this video... thanx TRF boys.

Is there a problem with the rules or is the ref a little blind:) On one of the trys, it looks like the player knocks the ball on after getting hit in goal, and his teamate player dives on the loose ball for a try. Seems like it should of been a knock on. Lots of good stuff shown though!
Cheers and Salud
Is that in the Fiji game?
Fiji were playing with advantage so it went back for a penalty, that wasn't a conversion

Was the hardest difficulty tried at any stage?
Yes, and we all lost to it :p
Yea was going say the kicking is ethier very hard or you're **** at it:p
The place kick was set at "hard" so the wind and skill of the kicker came into play in a big way (though Getofmeland managed to fluke a kick with Andy Sheridan....how, I'll never know!)
I managed to land most of my kicks in game ;)

Thanks for the video.

Personally would rather RC over this but that being said....

Positives:

AI is smarter
AI seems harder
Good contest at the rucks

Negatives:
Same animations from 08
Kicking looks weird
Button mashing at rucks - No its not, you fill the bar to the amount you think your opponent wont, you put in less than your opponent he will win the turnover.
Side cam looks lame (Not a side cam sort of a guy :p)
Bunching People see what they want to see, I can say it was not that noticeable as much as some have made out to be.
Looks like Rugby08.... - People said from the off they would be happy with Rugby'08 updated with fixes ... times have changed.

Responded to one or two things above.

why isnt it lettin me watch it anymore??? i watched it a couple of hours ago, and went to watch it agin and it said it was private

Latest posts