• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Vodacom Stormers vs The Sharks

Sharks getting closer. 10 - 6

Posession in the second half: Sharks 62% Stormers 38%.

I make my 1000th post as a sad and dissapointed Stormers supporter! Well done to the Sharks,great comeback by them.

Hopefully JdV isn't injured seriously...

I really hope Jean is ok :(

Stormers just lost the plot for the first 25 minutes or so in the second half right after Jean got sent off, Sharks were awesome on applying the pressure, what I will say is that we've still got a great defence.

So, you shakies better go all the way this year, hopefully we'll meet you there.

Loosing our captain was really the big blow and turning point in the game, think the commentators said something about Jdv being "okay" so hopefully he'll be back before we go on the tour down-under, Stormers will really need his leadership skill there

No JDV means no playoffs to be honest, hope hes back within the next couple of weeks. Pretty dissapointing loss, just like last season great defense by we cant keep a hold of the ball for any amount of time. Still a BP against the Sharks isnt the end of the world.

Well so far all the games ended with wins by no more then 6 points, think this will be the same in the Reds - Bulls game....or we'll see a cricket score again.

Stormers defence was really good, line-outs was good but our scrums are ****, we need some seriously better props otherwise we're gonna go nowhere fast!

I've told you Stormer boys already, you can't handle this! :D

Good game for the 1st of the proper season. Twas of a high quality.
But we should of punished the Stormers at scrum time more. We let them get away in that aspect imo. Good to see Kankowski back in action again.
I was disappointed by Pienaar, Carstens and especially Muller.
Who got MOTM in the end? Kockott is my man of the match. Followed closely by Fondse.

Jean Deyzel got the MOTM, promising flanker that, was also impressed by Vermeulen

There goes my Investec tipping, if the Reds don't win by 15 this round is sunk for me :(.

Just BTW I heard the commentators say tickets were sold out by Thursday for this game. That's a 52 000 sell out! Awesome stuff.

This was a game that was ridiculed by the whistle. Ridiculous amount of stopages. All in all it was a crap game i thought. Seeing as the Sharks won, i hope they can remain undefeated now, and hopefully the Stormers can get their act together against the Reds.

I wouldn't say that, I thought it was a good game, probably one of the best of the weekend, Stormers will need JDV, and our scrums don't suck as much when Moller is on, so hopefully he stays fit as well, but I still think we can take anyone in the comp, especially at newlands.

I was yet again amazed at the brilliant crowd support for this match, about 50000 for the opening game, that's got to be best attendance of the entire weekend, then again the Stormers did have the best crowd attendance throughout the entire 2008 Super 14, and generally do every year.

It's nice to see how well supported the Stormers and the sharks are, unlike certain other franchises which only tend to draw in the big crowds near the end, or when it's a very big match.

Well done to the Stormers, despite the loss I thought they did very well not to completely lose the plot after Jean got injured. Good to see a SA team in the Sharks staying calm despite trailing at half time and just keeping at their game plan

One hell of a game and well done to the sharks. Not bad for the first game of the season for both sides. Stomers looked dangerous in patches but the question is can they play for the full 80mins.

One thing that stood out for me was the physicality of the game hell man that power out there!!! As for the players clearly Kockett was the MOM. I thought Bobo for the Stormers was also very good but struggeled after JDV went off.

IMO JDV is the best 12 in the world at the moment. Hope he is alright and nothing to serious.

Latest posts