W.Force 2007 possible recruits

Discussion in 'General Rugby Union' started by The TRUTH, Apr 20, 2006.

1. The TRUTH

The TRUTH Guest

Its about that time when clubs start to poach players for next season...

The Force is currently in negotiations with a few high profile players for the 2007 season........Some of these names include Matt Giteau,Drew Mitchell,Al Kanaar,Stephen Hoiles and NRL player Ryan Cross.

LINK

Giteau has apparently been offered a long term contract worth $1,000,000 a season plus other sweeteners,he will also be guaranteed a chance to play in his prefered position of fly-half,lineup along side best mate Matt Henjak and live in a better city than Canberra.............. i'd say this is a done deal, he'd be mad not to take it.

LINK

I haven't seen much of him at all, maybe Sanzar can tell us if he thinks he would be a good buy and could he make it in Union?

It looks like he's keen on living in Perth but he's kidding himself if he thinks he can make the World Cup squad in such short time........ hopefully no one tells him that....you know.....ignorance is bliss an all that.

Drew Mitchell looks the least likely to move, i've heard he wants to stay with the Reds for the opportunity to play under former Wallabies Coach Eddie Jones......the man that(surprisingly) gave Mitchell his first Wallaby cap.

Possible Western Force team for 07..
    1.Hardy
    2.Cannon
    3.Fitter
    4.Sharpe
    5.Kanaar
    6.Brown/Pusey
    7.Hoiles
    8.Fava

9.O'young
    10.Giteau
    11.Ioane
    12.Mackay/Cross
    13.Pelesasa
    14.Staniforth
    15.Sheperd

16.Holmes
    17.McIsaac
    18.Vedelago
    19.Doherty
    20.Hilgendorf
    21.Stapleton
    22.Henjak

That team would be close to a top 4/6 spot me thinks.

watch this space>

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. esoj

esoj Guest

not really from what I have seen of the force. but who knows with a decent play maker in giteau and the others getting some experince this year things could improve. cross is a pretty good centre in league very fast and solid on defence. he seems a tad injury prone in the last few years though. I wouldn't rule him out of making the world cup squad either for the wallabies. he could be dynamic off the bench.

4. Dumbo

Dumbo Guest

Good to see that team didn't include Henjak in the starting 15.
    Git. will be heading for WA for sure... there is higher forces at work here.

5. aussie1st

aussie1st Guest

Knowing the Force they will probably stuff up Giteau's bright future. Just like Henjak, Giteau will find it tough without Larkham and Gregan giving him the ball.

6. Wally

Wally Guest

I really think if the Force can keep their team together without being decimated by injuries they will have a solid crack at the top half of the ladder next year.

Giteau, Cross, Kanaar.. these are all big names that could really boost their chances.

7. loratadine

loratadine Guest

and dont forgte brett stapleton, this guy need to be given some game time next year, he has such a bright future, and after all its the future what must be the fundamental aim for the force.

8. esoj

esoj Guest

well hopefully they can get some more depth so they don't lose every game they play. sure teams gets injuries but other teams like the crusaders have quality depth beyond the first 15.

the force will need lots of good signings and better run with injuries to have any hope of making the semis next year

9. Mr. Laxative

Mr. Laxative Guest

Now also remember depth usually takes time. eg. The crusaders came last in the inaugural S12 and look were they are now.

It seems gits has gone to WA and we'll miss him here, but I'm sure we'll manage. Who could refuse up to $1.4 million a season for 5 seasons? One prob for him though is that he'll be moving out - he still lives with his parents in Queanbeyan!

10. aussie1st

aussie1st Guest

How about the Force giving the Brumbies one of their 5/8s :) I'll take Scott Daruda you guys don't need him with Giteau.

11. Wally

Wally Guest

If the Force get Ryan Cross on top of Giteau they'll have an almost ridiculous amount of inside backs.. Daruda, James, Hilgendorf, Giteau, Staniforth, Mackay, Pelesasa, Cross.

12. Dumbo

Dumbo Guest

Giteau confirmed for the Force!

13. The TRUTH

The TRUTH Guest

LINK

Awesome news, :cheers:

14. The TRUTH

The TRUTH Guest

link

15. aussie1st

aussie1st Guest

Hilgendorf could play fullback but yea don't know what on earth they will do with so many centers. Time for them to shift the talent around.

16. The TRUTH

The TRUTH Guest

Looks like we're going to get Mitchell aswell...

It will be a great signing for the Force to get Mitchell but you gotta feel sorry for the Reds who have had half there team stolen by the Force.

If we keep this up then the Force will soon become the most hated team in Australia......... but we're going to have a bloody good team.

Force = Chelsea

17. The TRUTH

The TRUTH Guest

18. Forget what I just said. I've just seen the other topic, regarding contracts. :rolleyes:

Enjoyed this thread? Register to post your reply - click here!