• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Wales pledge more heroic defeats against best rugby nations by 2010

P

Prestwick

Wales have set themselves the ambitious target of losing heroically on a regular basis to at least five big SH rugby nations by 2011. Well, five if you count Argentina who SH fans tend to include only when it suits them, only to politely ignore them when they lose or ask to join the Tri Nations..

When announcing the new schedule for 2009 & 2010, both the WRU board and Warren Gatland expressed their dismay and disappointment at England and France making deep inroads into what is usually the Welsh forte of losing either heroically or embarrassingly. Reversing this trend away from the worrying rise of wins in recent months is a top priority!

Most worrying of all the statistics is the gradual decline of such regular indicators of Welsh incompetence such as handling errors, lateral passing and general silliness. Most of this is blamed on the continued absence of Mike Phillips and many in the Welsh establishment have
expressed anger that someone who is actually competent at Scrum Half is playing for Wales.

Anyway! Here is Wale's schedule for 2009 and 2010:

2009 autumn internationals (all in Cardiff)

7 November
New Zealand
14 November
Samoa
21 November
Argentina
28 November
Australia

2010 summer tour (all in New Zealand)

19 June
New Zealand
26 June
New Zealand

2010 autumn internationals (all in Cardiff)

6 November
Australia
13 November
South Africa
20 November
Fiji
28 November
New Zealand

A lot of nice money earners in there :)

Any idea where Wales are going this summer? I dont think I could wait until this time next year for the next round of NH vs. SH discussions.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Logorrhea @ Dec 3 2008, 03:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Any idea where Wales are going this summer? I dont think I could wait until this time next year for the next round of NH vs. SH discussions.[/b]

Wait until next February when 6N starts, then you will see many SANZAR (tiny part of SH) rugby fans reopening this kind of discussion.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Logorrhea @ Dec 3 2008, 03:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Any idea where Wales are going this summer? I dont think I could wait until this time next year for the next round of NH vs. SH discussions.[/b]
Sorry mate, you'll have to wait! We're in Canada and the USA this summer, then NZ the summer after. :eek:
Excellent preparation for the world cup, I'm hoping. :)
Of course we'll have the Lions tour to preoccupy us between these dates ;)

Does this mean wales are gonna start sending their best squads when they tour the southern hemisphere?
Not just wales but most of the northern hemisphere teams(not including ireland) have been disgraceful the past few years sending over their B teams to tour the SANZAR nations. So much so that people dont even bother turning up to the games anymore and just wait for the tri nations to start which impacts the revenue of SANZAR bigtime.
The ARU and NZRU have already said that if the northern teams keep it up they'll just tell you guys to not bother coming and have an extended tri nations instead.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Haj @ Dec 5 2008, 11:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Does this mean wales are gonna start sending their best squads when they tour the southern hemisphere?
Not just wales but most of the northern hemisphere teams(not including ireland) have been disgraceful the past few years sending over their B teams to tour the SANZAR nations. So much so that people dont even bother turning up to the games anymore and just wait for the tri nations to start which impacts the revenue of SANZAR bigtime.
The ARU and NZRU have already said that if the northern teams keep it up they'll just tell you guys to not bother coming and have an extended tri nations instead.[/b]

I hate how people are quick to penalise Wales for Southern Hem Tours! We send what we can, we sent to South Africa the strongest squad we could muster!

So my question is when you going to stop moaning ....

When the northern hem teams stop using "OH WE'RE TOO TIRED TO SEND OUR BEST TEAMS OVER....ITS BEEN A LONG SEASON FOR US!!!" as an excuse to send B Teams.
In australia we have a saying that goes along of "HARDEN THE f*** UP YOU POOFTA ****!!" :p

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Haj @ Dec 5 2008, 12:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
The ARU and NZRU have already said that if the northern teams keep it up they'll just tell you guys to not bother coming and have an extended tri nations instead.[/b]
This does my nut in, last year we actually sent our top team available. Ridiculously crippled by injuries, but that's the best we had. Again, not making excuses for losses, just stating a fact.
However in 2007 summer tour of Oz Gyppo was in charge and he's a right ******** and thought keeping all our players behind for an army training camp for a month would be more beneficial. Tosser.
Still should have beaten you in the first test, still seething about that one.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Haj @ Dec 5 2008, 12:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
When the northern hem teams stop using "OH WE'RE TOO TIRED TO SEND OUR BEST TEAMS OVER....ITS BEEN A LONG SEASON FOR US!!!" as an excuse to send B Teams.
In australia we have a saying that goes along of "HARDEN THE f*** UP YOU POOFTA ****!!" :p[/b]

yeah and over here we have the saying, shut the f*** up you homphobic ****** and stop labelling Wales with France's and England's tag.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cyRil of Ospreylia @ Dec 5 2008, 11:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Still should have beaten you in the first test, still seething about that one.[/b]

Well if wales should have won, they would have won but they didnt therefore they could have won instead of should have one but were clearly not good enuff at that time. :p

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Dec 5 2008, 11:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Haj @ Dec 5 2008, 12:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
In australia we have a saying that goes along of "HARDEN THE f*** UP YOU POOFTA ****!!" :p[/b]

yeah and over here we have the saying, shut the f*** up you homphobic ****** and stop labelling Wales with France's and England's tag.
[/b][/quote]

im actually not homophobic at all. Over here we also use the term poofta in a way to describe one who is a soft cock, weinor, pussy, northern hemisphere rugby unions etc etc and not as a derogative term of one who has a preference to bone another person of the same sex.

I am indeed a ****** tho....in every context of the word!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Haj @ Dec 5 2008, 01:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cyRil of Ospreylia @ Dec 5 2008, 11:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Still should have beaten you in the first test, still seething about that one.[/b]

Well if wales should have won, they would have won but they didnt therefore they could have won instead of should have one but were clearly not good enuff at that time. :p
[/b][/quote]
Lucky we were good enough on Saturday though, eh? ;) :p

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Haj @ Dec 5 2008, 12:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I am indeed a ****** tho....in every context of the word![/b]

I suppose that includes the male orrifice too, you did say 'every' after all.

Thus whilst you sharpen or polish your bone think upon the Northern Unions ******* themselves laughing at your denial of antics :)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sir. Speedy @ Dec 5 2008, 04:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (gingergenius @ Dec 5 2008, 04:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sir. Speedy @ Dec 3 2008, 03:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
2010 looks like a mouth-watering year. o.0[/b]

give or take, its the same fixture list england had this year. enjoy.
[/b][/quote]
Good thing we're better than England, then.
[/b][/quote]

I dont understand this fascination with england, it'a like being scared of dunny spiders.

All you gotta do is step on the buggars

Spiders that is, not the cute lovable English folks :)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Haj @ Dec 5 2008, 11:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Flagging this for "most stupid post award" and "I DON'T GET THE NORTHERN HEMISPHERE award" at the TRFies.

Obviously, Cipriani's dislocated fracture of the ankle wasn't enough of an "excuse" to not send him down under :p

I think Haj actually needs to read about who really has the power over the players up in the NH. Well, Haj and most of the SANZAR administrators.

Latest posts