• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Wales vs BaaBaas

He did OK
Didn't do badly, but didn't play amazingly - most times he got the ball in the 22m he put kicks through, none of which came off (though one very nearly did)
Showed good hands at one point with a pass to Davies which was lightning fast

Edit:
Just seen this, which has put all his bad bits together, makes it seems like he was w@nk, but he wasn't

Last edited by a moderator:
That was a pretty sweet hit :) Love the ones where the head flies back.
I find myself warming to Gavin Henson for some reason ...Much like Jedward actually.. Despite the huge bad press he just keeps trying .

What I love about that video Olyy is that they did not put the off the ball incident with Gav and Basteraud who just completely took Gavin off the ball. Now people will just say I'm being pedantic and its because he is a Welsh player but he was dangerously taken off the ball. I don't think Gav performed baldy but neither was he amazing, you could sense in the stadium they were always expecting something off him at every opportunity.

What I love about that video Olyy is that they did not put the off the ball incident with Gav and Basteraud who just completely took Gavin off the ball. Now people will just say I'm being pedantic and its because he is a Welsh player but he was dangerously taken off the ball. I don't think Gav performed baldy but neither was he amazing, you could sense in the stadium they were always expecting something off him at every opportunity.

What was the reception at Millennium like? Have to give Gavlar time. Didn't see any of the off the ball scraps from the TV.

Anyone got a video of the Basteraud thing? I must have missed it xD
To be honest, it wasn't a bad game, few good performances few not so good.. I felt phillips had a ok game tbh made a few mistakes but at least he produced fairly quick ball..

As for the next game I'd take bennett out for gods sake, I'd probs go with -

1- Jenkins
2- Rees
3- Jones
4- Davies
5- AWJ
6- Lydiate
7- Warburton
8- Falatau
9- Knoyle / Peel
10- Jones / Hook
11- Brew
12- Henson
13- Davies
14- North
15- ? Not to sure, would say byrne as he'd likely be starting 15 in the WC but not too sure :/

Overall for the England game (think thats next one cant remember) I'd go with a team that is likely going to the WC with henson there for another shot (I'd play him in the majority of the games) along with falatau to see what he can do again tbh.

What was the reception at Millennium like? Have to give Gavlar time. Didn't see any of the off the ball scraps from the TV.

Not bad considering it was 31k odd and most of that was made up of the choir and band :lol: (sorry cyRil, stole your line there hehehe)

There was a few ****les in particular the Samoan Second-Row and Phillips and Basteraud and a few others on Henson. But I think Henson knew it was coming.

On a more positive note Scott Williams looks a prospect and a half.

Also Willie Mason had one decent offload, looked an outsider outside of that offload.

After England-Barbarians match:

After Wales - Barbarians match:

changed your mind have you Olyy? :p

Aha, I put my hands up, he showed a lot of promise on attack
Though as I said, looked last in the union aspects of the game (present the ball, what to do at rucks) - just looked good going forwards, which at the end of the day, isn't different to league -> Look for your support runners

Also Willie Mason had one decent offload, looked an outsider outside of that offload.

Well, two. His offload out of the big double tackle in the build up to the winning try was very nice. Was a bit lucky it came off, and it almost looked like he lost control of the ball instead of meaning the offload, but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. Not completely convinced. Tbh it would have been awesome if Roberts was against him to see if he could still pull off those offloads with someone his own size smashing him in the tackle. A Baabaa's game suited him, because there was no real reprocussions if those offloads didn't come off, but I can emagine him having a much more difficult time playing in the top 14 where the basics have to come in front of the pretty one handed offloads. From todays showing, he's yet to understand what those basics are. Toulon are probably the best team for him to be with, after already successfully converting Sonny-Bill.

Scott Williams really put his hand up today. He looked like he wanted to be noticed, and our backline moved better with him there. I also thought Knoyle was pretty good, better than Phillips no doubt.

Not bad considering it was 31k odd and most of that was made up of the choir and band :lol: (sorry cyRil, stole your line there hehehe)
Prick! He wanted to buy a pink training top today, but I had to talk him out of it! ;)

Just seen this, which has put all his bad bits together, makes it seems like he was w@nk, but he wasn't

This has to be simply the best rugby clip Ive seen in years. The music is perfect.

A new girl in town indeed :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Some photos from the game yesterday ...

IMG_0432.jpg

IMG_0433.jpg

IMG_0434.jpg

IMG_0435.jpg

IMG_0436.jpg

IMG_0437.jpg

Gav and Sackey chilling at the side of the pitch

Jeremy Guscott said on twitter that rumours on the day were that Henson is signing for Stade Francais

Gav and Sackey chilling at the side of the pitch

Jeremy Guscott said on twitter that rumours on the day were that Henson is signing for Stade Francais

Stade, Bayonne an Blues all been in contact, likely he will go to Stade by the sound of it. Although Young was deep in conversation as you can see in the pics.

For those not eagled eye, Basteraud was wearing one Stade sock and one Toulon sock ... I wonder where he is off to :rolleyes:

Also Phil Steele needs to iron his chinos before doing anything on TV / Radio again :lol:

Latest posts