• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Wales vs Japan

M

mikey2k7

Due to injures it looks like changes will be made but what side would you like to see play

Mine would be

15 Kevin Morgan , 14 Mark Jones, 13 Tom Shanklin, 12 James Hook , 11 Shane Williams, 10 Stephen Jones, 9 Dwayne Peel, 8 Alex Popham, 7 Martyn Williams, 6 Colin Charvis, 5 Alun-Wyn Jones, 4 Ian Gough, 3 Adam Jones, 2 Matthew Rees, 1 Gethin Jenkins

Basically the side of the second half

Due to injures it looks like changes will be made but what side would you like to see play

Mine would be

15 Kevin Morgan , 14 Mark Jones, 13 Tom Shanklin, 12 James Hook , 11 Shane Williams, 10 Stephen Jones, 9 Dwayne Peel, 8 Alex Popham, 7 Martyn Williams, 6 Colin Charvis, 5 Alun-Wyn Jones, 4 Ian Gough, 3 Adam Jones, 2 Matthew Rees, 1 Gethin Jenkins

Basically the side of the second half [/b]
I would start Dafydd James on the wing as Mark Jones has done nothing for a few games (bar his tackling). Ian Evans is expected to play against Japan. I would go for;

15) Kevin Morgan
14) Dafydd James
13) Tom Shanklin
12) James Hook
11) Shane Williams
10) Stephen Jones
9) Mike Phillips

1) Gethin Jenkins
2) Matthew Rees
3) Chris Horsman
4) Alun Wyn Jones
5) Ian Evans
6) Colin Charvis
7) Martin Williams
8) Alix Popham

Anyone going to the said game? Travelling to the game from Holywell, still got some spends left from Nantes, so hoping for a jolly up.

Yeah, i'll be hitting this match.

Should be a good one.
We like running, and so do the Japs. Should be a quick game and i envisage them getting a few tries against us, but ultimately we'll have too much class for them.

Should be highly entertaining.

Wales should really be able to beat Japan, and some.

My Rugby knowledge sucks: When Jones and Hook are both on the pitch, who takes kicks?

It all depends really.
But traditionally, Gareth Jenkins has been choosing Jones as his first choice kicker - although hook is one helluva good alternative.

Okay, thanks for the info. Here's the two teams for people who don't already know:

Wales team:

1 Duncan Jones
2 Thomas Rhys Thomas
3 Chris Horsman
4 Will James
5 Alun-Wyn Jones
6 Jonathan Thomas
7 Colin Charvis
8 Alix Popham
9 Michael Phillips
10 Stephen Jones ©
11 Shane Williams
12 James Hook
13 Jamie Robinson
14 Dafydd James
15 Kevin Morgan

Replacements:

16 Huw Bennett
17 Gethin Jenkins
18 Ian Evans
19 Martyn Williams
20 Gareth Cooper
21 Ceri Sweeney
22 Tom Shanklin

Japan team:

1 Tatsukichi Nishiura
2 Yuji Matsubara
3 Tomokazu Soma
4 Hitoshi Ono
5 Luke Thompson
6 Hare Makiri
7 Philip O'Reilly
8 Takuro Miuchi ©
9 Tomoki Yoshida
10 Bryce Robins
11 Hirotoki Onozawa
12 Shotaro Onishi
13 Yuta Imamura
14 Kosuke Endo
15 Christian Loamanu

Replacements:

16 Taku Inokuchi
17 Ryo Yamamura
18 Takanori Kumagae
19 Yasunori Watanabe
20 Chulwon Kim
21 Koji Taira
22 Tatsuya Kusumi
[/b]

Again, I'm backing Wales as most would.

It's very hard to see a Japanese win here, but I expect them to cause a few headaches in the first half, then Wales to open the floodgates in the 2nd half.

I would consider it a win for Japan if they can keep the score below 20points.

Apart from a few changes, I would of prefered to see this side played Australia.

I'd expect Japan will give us a give us a close game in the first 20mins, then Wales will blitz them...hopefully.

this game will be an obliteration, wales will have way way too much quality and should win by around the 80/90 point mark.

We're not an 80/90 points scoring team.

We'll win but by about 20-30 points and Japan will have a nice handfull of points as well thanks to our inept defence at times.

time was we use to score tries for fun!!

if we only beat japan by 20/30 points then we shouldnt even bother turning up at the qf

We'll win but by about 20-30 points and Japan will have a nice handfull of points as well thanks to our inept defence at times.
[/b]

Wales cant keep a score down i agree. Jenkins has this great system :wall: where we alow massive gains to be made by the opposition, yet we will play a game which involves going backwards, eventually kicking to the oppo full back. The man is a clown, who talks a lot of rubbish.

Wales to win 40 - 15, an uninspiring first half where Jenkins stubborn tactics fail again, we'll come out 2nd half, after realising the dole is waiting for him, and play some rugby. :D

<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]

Wales cant keep a score down i agree. Jenkins has this great system :wall: where we alow massive gains to be made by the opposition, yet we will play a game which involves going backwards, eventually kicking to the oppo full back. The man is a clown, who talks a lot of rubbish.

Wales to win 40 - 15, an uninspiring first half where Jenkins stubborn tactics fail again, we'll come out 2nd half, after realising the dole is waiting for him, and play some rugby. :D [/b][/quote]

For me

Wales 66

Japan 6

<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'>

[/b]

Wales to win 40 - 15, an uninspiring first half where Jenkins stubborn tactics fail again, we'll come out 2nd half, after realising the dole is waiting for him, and play some rugby. :D [/b][/quote]

For me

Wales 66

Japan 6
[/b][/quote]

For this Match

Japan win 14-7

So a bunch of the Japs called into my shop today and had a browse around. It has to be said, we should smash these easterners. The forwards are big...but not that big in comparison to some of the pros that have walked into my shop.
But the backs! Holy **** these guys are tiny. At least three guys walked in and i stood a good 3 inches taller than them...and i'm 5'9"!!!
We should be smashing some of these boys around teh park.

So a bunch of the Japs called into my shop today and had a browse around. It has to be said, we should smash these easterners. The forwards are big...but not that big in comparison to some of the pros that have walked into my shop.
But the backs! Holy **** these guys are tiny. At least three guys walked in and i stood a good 3 inches taller than them...and i'm 5'9"!!!
[/b]

Did you see the expat-Japs...especially the guy who's been named to play fullback for them. He's a big unit, and originally from Tonga, that's not a surprise.

Wales by 15.

[/b]

You make it sound like you've got some kind of disease when you say "bunch of the Japs"! :lol:

I think even Shane Williams would be able to do a Jonah Lomu on some of these poor Japanese backs. The sight of George Gregan getting to play the role of a massive South Sea Giant and run over Japanese people in the process two weeks ago was comical and yet sad as well so we'll get to see some more disjointed fun tomorrow! :bana:

Wales to win. Margin....probably big. Probably.

[/b]

Well that depends on the opposition we face. The last time we played Japan we scored 98 and they scored nothing. Of course we were in much better form then but it's still possible. We should at least be looking at a 50 point victory. Judging by past fixtures it would not be arrogant nor unreasonable to suggest we should win by at least 50/60 points. However this Japan is probably the strongest and I expect them to pose more of a problem this time around. There's a Kiwi born forward of theirs who looks like he might be a bit of a nuisance. They also ran the ball nicely against Australia and Fiji. Remember Fiji are hard cases and that was a fairly tight game. They're good at shipping the ball wide and running at speed. This will be a good fitness test although to be fair, the one thing the Welsh management have seemed to got right is the fitness levels.

It's good that Mike Phillips is start for Wales, as Eddie Butler did suggest that using him for his physicalness helps the forward based play the present coaching seem so fond of. Then in the second half Dwayne Peel can come on and widen the game a little. Japan aren't a physical side but they may be tougher up front than before. Also it isn't a bad habit to get into if it benefits the style of gameplay Jenkins wants.