8-alix popham

9-mike phillips

10-james hook

11-shane williams

12-gavin henson

13-tom shanklin

14-tom james

15-lee byrne/jamie roberts

Jake White said he would be fielding a full strength team for this game could be a classic. Mind you the Welsh have never beaten the Boks but what more incentive than to have a go at the world champions who will be jet lagged and tired after the WC. Is it this weekend?

i think you need to check your facts mate, cos the welsh HAVE beaten the boks!! ;)

Doh, i was thinking on the Scots/Irish and the All Blacks ;). Once isnt it?!, in 98 or 99

Shock! The idea of Gareth Jenkins' former right hand man chosing an on-form Henson to play at 12?!
Lol.

Wales to breeze through this one.
Come on BokMagic and Quintes - step up to the mark!

Come on BokMagic and Quintes - step up to the mark!
[/b]

Right RC, this one`s just for you. I confidently predict a 96-13 win for the Boks. Oh right, almost forgot- we already did that!

OK, in all seriousness, this could well be a helluva good game. Wales will take the field with nothing to lose, and everything to gain. Including the very prestigious TRF International Shield! In all probability, Wales will play like Wales, throwing caution to the wind and the ball to Shane Williams. Good stuff to them if they do.

But several of Jake`s boys will want to go out with a bang. Since the SARU ruling that overseas-based players won`t be eligible to play for the Boks from 2008 onwards (SARU= 1st-rate idiots!), this could well be the last international hurrah for blokes like Matfield, Butch and Smit. And they`ll want to make an impact. Especially Butch. On Henson! :inv3ox:

You've got a good point there (not about the 96-13 nobody wants to remember that) but if we throw the ball about and your boys play up giving their final hurrah a big game then this should be very interesting to watch.

And please, Butch against Henson? Gav's hair gel is tougher than Butch.
It's ironic name, isn't it? Butch...

Gav`s hairgel is tougher than Charlotte Church`s hairgel, but that`s about as far as it`s toughness goes........

Now here`s an interesting proposition- SA to drop Steyn and start at 12 with- Wynand Olivier! 80 minutes of pretty boyband model types going handbags at 10 paces- thrilling stuff. Tana would be so proud.

I expect some good watching rugby from this match. I also expect Jake to unleash an all out assault on Wales, and use those 'hidden tactics' him and Eddy were going on about during the WC, when they said SA haven't shown their real hand yet.

Can't wait!

Doh, i was thinking on the Scots/Irish [/b]
Eh ............... we've beaten you guys too. Nothing to do with the topic, but just thought I'd post the correction.

<div class='quotemain'> Doh, i was thinking on the Scots/Irish [/b]
Eh ............... we've beaten you guys too. Nothing to do with the topic, but just thought I'd post the correction.
[/b][/quote]

The Scottish and Irish have never beaten the All Blacks so its you who are wrong.

The Scottish and Irish have never beaten the All Blacks so its you who are wrong. [/b]
Never said we had, I just said we beat the Boks. I just didnt read your side step. Anyway, its got nothing to do with the topic being discussed, so my apologies.

<div class='quotemain'> The Scottish and Irish have never beaten the All Blacks so its you who are wrong. [/b]
Never said we had, I just said we beat the Boks. I just didnt read your side step. Anyway, its got nothing to do with the topic being discussed, so my apologies.
[/b][/quote]

No worries, yea i corrected it in my next post i think, Wales bet them in 99.

this match is pointless really more fixture congestion for the NH and the possibility of welsh injuries during the HC i'd say the provinces are thrilled

Agree this will be a very attractive game to watch, and can't look past the Boks forward pack as the trump card to win them the game.

Also, I have a couple of slightly off topic questions...

A. Are there any other teams touring apart from the Boks?

And

B. How long have the Boks been planning this tour?

Based on assumptions, it seems strangely coincedental that the recently crowned World Champions are touring the wealthy home unions in the midst of the over cluttered club season, when the coach and most of the players are about to leave, and no other SH teams are on tour?

It seems like a massively orchestrated money making venture, so I was wondering if all this had been planned before or after the WC got underway?

What games are the Boks playing apart from Wales and the much publicised Barbarians game?

Hmm, maybe too many questions...will take answers on all or any.

I was certainly told Wales will be playing against SA in November before they were crowned champions.

thats it
they play wales to mark there 100 years of facing each other

then they face the barbarians

thats it ;)

Latest posts