• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Wasps V Coventry City

Money wins in the end, I guess.
Cov City are hardly rolling in it whereas Wasps backers have shown they're not scared to throw a ton of cash about.

Would love to see the football team move in with Cov Rugby and redevelop that stadium.

Money wins in the end, I guess.
Cov City are hardly rolling in it whereas Wasps backers have shown they're not scared to throw a ton of cash about.

Would love to see the football team move in with Cov Rugby and redevelop that stadium.

Never going to happen. City have big ambitions, Cov Rugby not so much they have said they don't want to play in a big empty football stadium.

Never going to happen. City have big ambitions, Cov Rugby not so much they have said they don't want to play in a big empty football stadium.

Didn't Wasps say, that they'll build a stadium of their own in the London area anyway ? :huh:

They said they'd do their best to build a stadium in the city, don't believe they committed 100%. But they weren't going to be tenants again, as there was no long term future in that, and weren't keen on a ground share either. The best sites in London were squashed by the council/planning etc. There was one site (can't remember which) that may or may not have worked, but would have probably taken 5-10 years just to get planning, by which time we'd have probably gone bust anyway.

I do feel sorry for The Sly blues abit (not too much mind), but this could be the end of them and there ambitions esp if things go wrong with the training centre.

Shame for the city.

IMO.

I feel sorry for CCFC, but don't appreciate the hate from their fans, when it's rather clear that it's SISU that have screwed them.

From what I can gather, the Wasps buildings at the Higgs have nothing to do with their indoor training pitch anyway. It would still be there if it's approved. The indoor training centre is potentially going to get wiped out if the Higgs charity decide to build an olympic sized pool, which will be a completely different project.

Everyone seems to forget Coventry city had the chance to buy the stadium and choose not to.

They had the chance to pay rent and be good tenants but they choose not to.

Poor business for a joke of a company, feel sorry for all the Cov fans in all of this.

They even said they wouldn't have taken the deal wasps took. They wanted it for that price but without the 14.4m debt.

There was a deal with them not paying for repairs of damaged equipment at higgs as well, and stating they were moving out soon. Constantly trying to get a cheap deal by stressing their landlords, and now getting caught out potentially three times on the same ********.

The football club owners should feel embarrassed...fans should feel hard done by...talented young footballers will already have their agents looking for new clubs

We Wasps fans think 'great facility capable of attracting and conditioning the best rugby players in the world'
Sky Blues think 'die wasps, burn in hell we wouldn't spit on you if you were on fire, we hate you pest scum, our club is doomed *lifts gun to head* BANG!

nice gym though :)

Looks like Coventry city council, Wasps and Higgs have all just thrown the noose around SISU's neck.

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/coventry-news/charitys-legal-clause-kills-coventry-11449119

No chance of CCFC establishing a long term base at Higgs centre, due a clause that means that they cannot work with a company that is attached to someone who sued them. Wasps won't talk about a long term deal at the stadium whilst SISU have ongoing legal action. CCC would likely work hard to block any requests for building permission etc.

I think we're seeing a few parties come together to try and remove SISU here, hopefully the football club will survive, and new owners will hopefully have more business sense, and be able to quickly establish everything in place.

Guess all this makes more sense of that Coventry the city of rugby crap. I mean Bears, Cov Rugby and the franchise ( ;) ) are hardly going to make it a city of rugby, even with football out of the way.

Jimmy must be turning in his recently dug grave.......

The academy saga isn't over. CSF and Wasps have come out and said they want the academy to continue there (albeit it couldn't be on a long term basis due to the clause above, but rolling contract I guess). CSF contacted the football league, and have the unofficial thumbs up for what they and Wasps can offer CCFC for the academy, apparently at a lower price too (and probably better quality due to the Wasps development).

For the meeting between CSF, Wasps and CCFC to discuss it, the CCFC board member pulled out a few mins before it took place...

I don't think it's CSF or Wasps who particularly want to finish CCFC's academy, not so sure about their owners though.

So SISU just had their latest judicial review thrown out.

It turns out that after having said the ricoh was worthless and they'd not have made the same deal as wasps, they're now saying that because after wasps moved in and got going with developing it, it was valued at £50m, and this is how much wasps should have paid. They now want wasps to pay the 30m difference and for wasps to then pay sisu damages!

Latest posts